Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone ever flown a plane across Antarctica?
« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2016, 04:27:50 AM »
@ rabinoz....

Howdy!

Thank you for replying in not-so-arrogant manner  ;)... Anyway, i suggest let's discuss matters towards knowing what's really the truth of the matter....

Excuse my mentioning of an observation re NA(T)SA vis-a-vis SATAN, it's just from the posts of some flat earthers. But it does ring a bell, you know!  :o. Running out of argument, it can never happen unless I've reached that point where nothing left to argue about, but the truth, nothing but the truth, but if I sense that there's still at the very least one deception left, I'll never ever run out of argument, my friend...

Well, going to your additional supposedly convincing evidence about Antarctica crossing by Felicity Aston, a British adventurer. I've checked and read your posted URL about her, but it's not complete. There's no account of her route. But as a seeker for the truth, I made my own search, and I found out that she was just like the others before and after her like the Norwegian, Borge Ouslan, in 2013. She had only crossed the continent from Ross ice shelf to Ronne ice shelf near Berkner via south pole (see this http://trekity.com/felicity-aston/) which is actually the reverse route taken by Mr. Ouslan. Nothing new and convincing. These people had not really crossed over Antarctica across and towards eastward from the south pole as shown in the global map or google globe.

As I mentioned in my last post that no one did or could do it because the center of Antarctica shown in the globe map is actually the globally projected ice border of the flat earth map. So if the truth and reality is indeed the flat earth, anyone who would attempt to cross the eastward center part of the continent (globe) beyond the pole, but with a frame of mind believing that it is just a continent, will simply be surprised or shocked why he/she appears to go into an limitless distance towards unknown hostile places. This had happened to travelers/adventurers of early expeditions in past centuries or decades. This is the very reason why Antarctica has long become a mystery. And it is my belief that to keep people from unfolding such mystery once and for all, the UN treaty had to be passed to prohibit seekers of truth from pursuing. They might have done it in bad or good faith, we've no way of knowing. If in good faith, it's for the purpose of safeguarding the firmament from being destroyed. You know, people are war prone and self-destructive in a sense. (Nuclear bombs??). If in bad faith, well, the very reason why truth seekers are discovering deceptive intents and power-driven controlling tentacles of world authorities, some known to be illuminatis, freemasons, etc....

SO THIS ANTARCTIC MYSTERY HAS REALLY CHALLENGED TRUTH SEEKERS AROUND THE WORLD TO UNCOVER AND KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS INTENTIONALLY CONCEALED AND HIDDEN ICE BORDER (SEE FLAT EARTH MAP ICE BORDER) IMMENSELY EXPANDING OUTWARD TOWARDS UNKNOWN PLACES BEYOND. If you're one of the seekers, don't be stuck up by mere lack of evidences on expeditions made by adventurers. I strongly believe no one can really do it alone or privately without govt support. I mean the cover up has to end to allow govt-supported expeditions (by air or land) worldwide to cover more miles to these unknown hostile places beyond the ice border. What if the distances to be covered are even greater that the earth's diameter? No one knows yet. Where's the firmament or the edge? Or is there really an "edge" to talk about? What if there's no edge, and everything is continuum, a realm.

I haven't the time right now to give you the answer you deserve, but as they say in the "cooking shows": "Here's one I prepared before" - actually a bit of a post from another forum.

There have been numerous expeditions to the South Pole at 90°S 0°E, and quite a number right across Antarctica, so what else of Antarctica is left to cover?

People from Amundsen and Scott onwards have visited the actual South Geographic Pole.

The Flat Earth Society goes to great lengths to deny even the existence of the South Pole.

So PROVING that the South Pole really exists at least proves that the "Ice Wall" map, on the right, is quite impossible.

But when it comes to Transantarctic Expeditions is more a case of "how many do you want?" - here are a couple:

The Commonwealth Trans-Antarctic Expedition - 1955-58, Vivian Fuchs and Sir Edmund Hillary

And if you like to watch old Kodachrome videos:

The Commonwealth Trans-Antarctic Expedition - Part 1 of 5 by Simon Coggins
The Commonwealth Trans-Antarctic Expedition - Part 2 of 5 by Simon Coggins
The Commonwealth Trans-Antarctic Expedition - Part 3 of 5 by Simon Coggins
The Commonwealth Trans-Antarctic Expedition - Part 4 of 5 by Simon Coggins
The Commonwealth Trans-Antarctic Expedition - Part 5 of 5 by Simon Coggins

1955-58 Commonwealth Trans-Antarctic Expedition - Route

The International Trans-Antarctica Expedition, 1989-1990

The six members of the team at the geographic Pole, 12 December 1989

Is that close enough to "across Antarctica" for you?

The International Trans-Antarctica Expedition, 1989-1990 - Route

It's a bit hard to deny that the South Pole exists, and that is the crux of the whole matter, but there have been enough well documented treks across the more remote areas of Antarctica to prove its existence too.

Of course, some simply claim that all this is simply a fake by NASA (or someone). Not much I can do about that.

No-one can disprove a conspiracy! At that point, I bow out! But just remember that the shape of the earth has been known for millenia and th size known quite accurately for at least 1,000 years.

Quote from: cel
Oh, I've nearly missed the map thing (Azimuthal equidistant projection of the globe). Well, to tell you frankly, the southern hemisphere routes or distances in the globe and flat earth map (Gleason) cannot be measured directly on their surfaces as they have to be measured using equidistant grids. If you do that, both have more or less the same distances, e.g. Sydney to Santiago. So it's not accurate if you measure the distances directly from point to point with straight lines. Instead you should use their respective equidistant projected grids. Generally, that of the globe has the true distances shrinked or reduced due to global projection, while that of the flat earth has the distance stretched. I hope you got it! If you don't, pls feel free to ask. I'd be willing to expound more.

May we all be enlightened of what really is going on re this flat or globe earth thing... I've been really an advocate of science academically until lately when I found out myself, using the same science knowledge/know-how, that things appear to have been manipulated and distorted. Well, this is the main reason why I'm now a truth seeker.

May the truth sets us all free!!!  ;)

Kudos!

Cel

On the southern hemisphere distances.

We know that projections of the globe have distortions of various sorts. There is no other option when representing the surface of a sphere on a flat surface.
But we can still have maps of limited areas (even as large as say Australia) that can be scaled with quite adequate accuracy. After all, that's what sailors did for centuries.

Now when we come to the Flat earth a map is simply is simply a small scale drawing of the layout of the continents and as such the distances between places should be able to be measured from the map again with an accuracy that is simply determined by the size of the map.

If the North Polar Azimuthal Equidistant Map is the true map of the flat earth, it is just a small replica of the Flat Erth, and we can measure distances of it just as well as on the "full sized earth".

Sorry, run out of time.

Offline cel

• Think OUT of the box. Be a TRUTH SEEKER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2016, 08:07:17 AM »
SORRY, MY FRIEND, RABINOZ, BUT YOU DID NOT UNDERSTAND MY POINT. YOU KEEP ON SHOWING TO ME/US, THE EXPEDITIONS' ROUTES WHICH ARE ACTUALLY THE SAME OLD ROUTES YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT ALWAYS. BUT NOT ONE OF THEM GOING OR PASSING TO THE VERY CENTER OR CENTRAL SECTION OF ANTARCTICA. DID YOU UNDERSTAND? YOU KNOW WHY THEY HADN'T GONE OR PASSED TO THAT VERY AREA? SO I WILL REPEAT AGAIN AND AGAIN MY EXPLANATION. BETTER UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M AND WAS SAYING.

IT IS BECAUSE THAT AREA IS ACTUALLY THE VAST SPAN OF ICE BORDER EXTENDING BEYOND THE EDGE PORTION OF THE FLAT EARTH (THIS PORTION IS WHERE THE EXPEDITIONS' USUAL ROUTES WERE ACTUALLY MADE, YOU KNOW..) TOWARDS LIMITLESS SPAN OF ICE TOWARDS MAYBE THE FIRMAMENT OF EARTH (USE THE FLAT EARTH MAPS TO VIEW AND UNDERSTAND THIS, SEE BELOW). OR THIS VIDEO THAT WAS MADE BY ONE WHO TRIED TO MAKE A CRUDE PROJECTION OF THE GLOBE'S CONTINENT ANTARCTICA BACK TO ITS REAL FORM IN FLAT EARTH AS ICE BORDER. (SEE VIDEO BELOW AND HOW THIS GUY INDICATED ALL THE KNOWN PLACES IN THE GLOBE'S ANTARCTICA WHERE THESE EXPEDITIONS' ROUTES PASSED BY. THESE ADVENTURERS WERE ONLY PASSING BY THE EDGE PORTIONS OF THE ICE BORDER NOW DECEPTIVELY FED TO US AS ANTARCTICA. GOT IT? YEAH, THANKS. :)

IN THE GLOBE MAP, ALL THESE VAST SPAN OF ICE ARE CONCEALED AND HIDDEN WHEN POLITICIZED SCIENTISTS / GLOBE EARTHERS MADE THE GLOBE PROJECTION OF THE FLAT EARTH MAP. SO WHEN ALL THE ICE BORDER WAS CONVERGED INTO A MERE SOUTH POLE OF THE GLOBE, IT JUST BECAME THE CENTER OF THE CONTINENT (ANTARCTICA) AND CONCEALED, BECOMING NOW A MYSTERY, A SORT OF A "BLACK HOLE" (OR WHITE HOLE, LITERALLY???? :)   ). DID YOU UNDERSTAND? SO WHEN PEOPLE ATTEMPTED TO TRAVEL INTO THIS AREA, THEY'RE AMAZED AND SHOCKED WHY THEY SEEMED TO GO FARTHER AND FARTHER WITHOUT LIMIT INTO AN UNKNOWN, LIMITLESS PLACE OR SPACE... WHY? BECAUSE IN REALITY, IT IS THE VAST SPAN OF ICE BEYOND THE EDGE PORTION SURROUNDING THE CIRCULAR FLAT EARTH...

NOW YOU KNOW.... HOPE, YOU GOT MY POINT... BETTER BE OPEN-MINDED AND SEEK THE TRUTH.... BE A TRUTH SEEKER, DON'T DEPEND ON DECEPTION FED TO YOU BY POLITICIZED SCIENCE... MY FRIEND... :) WAKE UP!

« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 08:39:14 AM by cel »
You may wish to decipher how many squares are there in the 4x4 matrix of my profile image. If you do, tell me! That way I can tell if you really have an imaginative/creative mind that knows how to think out of the box. If you got it right, you've got great potential of becoming a genuine Truth Seeker! Welcome then to the Truth Seeker's group!

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2016, 09:41:17 AM »
SORRY, MY FRIEND, RABINOZ, BUT YOU DID NOT UNDERSTAND MY POINT. YOU KEEP ON SHOWING TO ME/US, THE EXPEDITIONS' ROUTES WHICH ARE ACTUALLY THE SAME OLD ROUTES YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT ALWAYS. BUT NOT ONE OF THEM GOING OR PASSING TO THE VERY CENTER OR CENTRAL SECTION OF ANTARCTICA. DID YOU UNDERSTAND? YOU KNOW WHY THEY HADN'T GONE OR PASSED TO THAT VERY AREA? SO I WILL REPEAT AGAIN AND AGAIN MY EXPLANATION. BETTER UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M AND WAS SAYING.

IT IS BECAUSE THAT AREA IS ACTUALLY THE VAST SPAN OF ICE BORDER EXTENDING BEYOND THE EDGE PORTION OF THE FLAT EARTH (THIS PORTION IS WHERE THE EXPEDITIONS' USUAL ROUTES WERE ACTUALLY MADE, YOU KNOW..) TOWARDS LIMITLESS SPAN OF ICE TOWARDS MAYBE THE FIRMAMENT OF EARTH (USE THE FLAT EARTH MAPS TO VIEW AND UNDERSTAND THIS, SEE BELOW). OR THIS VIDEO THAT WAS MADE BY ONE WHO TRIED TO MAKE A CRUDE PROJECTION OF THE GLOBE'S CONTINENT ANTARCTICA BACK TO ITS REAL FORM IN FLAT EARTH AS ICE BORDER. (SEE VIDEO BELOW AND HOW THIS GUY INDICATED ALL THE KNOWN PLACES IN THE GLOBE'S ANTARCTICA WHERE THESE EXPEDITIONS' ROUTES PASSED BY. THESE ADVENTURERS WERE ONLY PASSING BY THE EDGE PORTIONS OF THE ICE BORDER NOW DECEPTIVELY FED TO US AS ANTARCTICA. GOT IT? YEAH, THANKS. :)

IN THE GLOBE MAP, ALL THESE VAST SPAN OF ICE ARE CONCEALED AND HIDDEN WHEN POLITICIZED SCIENTISTS / GLOBE EARTHERS MADE THE GLOBE PROJECTION OF THE FLAT EARTH MAP. SO WHEN ALL THE ICE BORDER WAS CONVERGED INTO A MERE SOUTH POLE OF THE GLOBE, IT JUST BECAME THE CENTER OF THE CONTINENT (ANTARCTICA) AND CONCEALED, BECOMING NOW A MYSTERY, A SORT OF A "BLACK HOLE" (OR WHITE HOLE, LITERALLY???? :)   ). DID YOU UNDERSTAND? SO WHEN PEOPLE ATTEMPTED TO TRAVEL INTO THIS AREA, THEY'RE AMAZED AND SHOCKED WHY THEY SEEMED TO GO FARTHER AND FARTHER WITHOUT LIMIT INTO AN UNKNOWN, LIMITLESS PLACE OR SPACE... WHY? BECAUSE IN REALITY, IT IS THE VAST SPAN OF ICE BEYOND THE EDGE PORTION SURROUNDING THE CIRCULAR FLAT EARTH...

NOW YOU KNOW.... HOPE, YOU GOT MY POINT... BETTER BE OPEN-MINDED AND SEEK THE TRUTH.... BE A TRUTH SEEKER, DON'T DEPEND ON DECEPTION FED TO YOU BY POLITICIZED SCIENCE... MY FRIEND... :) WAKE UP!

Stop shouting by putting everything in capitals!

No, you don't get it. The  Flat Earth Society denies the existence of the South Pole. That has been proven to exist numerous times.

But, just to keep you happy, please show where these trans-Antarctica treks actually went on your "map" if that's what you call it.

Anyway what evidence do you actually have that the earth really looks like that?

Then,  however do you get "30,000 miles est" for your Vendee track? 

If you think a little, the claimed diameter of the Flat Earth (in the Wiki) is about 24,900 miles, so the diameter of the equator circle must be half of that, or 12,450 miles.
This makes the circumference of the equator 39,113 miles, making your 30,000 miles look ridiculous.

So it's back to the drawing board for you. What's your next guess?

You just imagine the shape of the Earth and then guess what the measurements might be. Zeteticism is one thing, but pulling stuff out of the air is not even Zetetic, just dreaming.

As I have said numerous times it doesn't matter how much you wave these conspiracy ideas around if your model can't explain the simplest of observations you're wasting your time.

I really believe that you are the brainwashed one to believe a model that can't explain the simplest observations. If you want your ideas accepted, get on with finding a model that actually works!

Offline cel

• Think OUT of the box. Be a TRUTH SEEKER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2016, 10:16:30 AM »
Ok, if your math is really that perfect in proving a fixed distant sun (93M) and rotating/revolving globe earth, how come truth seekers are increasing exponentially in number? Why can't you prove clearly once and for all that everything fed to people about globe earth is right? Have you not wondered why 'you're bombarded with questions and arguments that you can't really address and answer? Are you that perfect or imperfectly perfect? that even if you know there's a problem somewhere, you keep on saying you're right, afraid of being embarrassed... Give proofs and arguments that cannot be debunked or disproved, if you're really dead sure that the earth is globe or flat... and people will believe... but the problem is no one can do it, that's why we endlessly go and go around the circle catching each other's tail... hehehe..
You may wish to decipher how many squares are there in the 4x4 matrix of my profile image. If you do, tell me! That way I can tell if you really have an imaginative/creative mind that knows how to think out of the box. If you got it right, you've got great potential of becoming a genuine Truth Seeker! Welcome then to the Truth Seeker's group!

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2016, 03:42:52 PM »
First:
Cel, thank you for going back to capitalizing only at the beginning of sentences.  That is much easier to read, I think we all appreciate it!

Second:
Ok, if your math is really that perfect in proving a fixed distant sun (93M) and rotating/revolving globe earth, how come truth seekers are increasing exponentially in number?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 03:46:40 PM by Rounder »
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2016, 04:53:54 PM »
I've never been to Antarctica, but my question would be how stormy/snowy/windy, would the weather be? Whether it be going straight through the center on a globe earth or trying to go as far through to find a possible Ice Wall or something of the sort. The weather would probably make it almost impossible to do wouldn't it? And even if we would fly a plane all the way through, would that even be enough to prove a globe or flat earth? That could just prove that the wall is just bigger than we thought, or the globe is actually bigger?

I'd say if I had to choose a side whether it be Flat Earth or Globe Earth, I'd have to press more towards the globe earth, though recent videos I have watched have called some question to my mind. But what I don't understand is besides the change of scientific beliefs, would the earth being flat actually be something worth hiding from all the people in the world. Or is it just to get us to stop trying to explore the world, because the flat earth theory offers a possibility of something beyond just the Antarctica? Whether that be more land, dinosaurs, Gods, aliens, the cure to cancer?

I suppose it's one of those things where unless someone does it themselves, that person will never be able to for sure know the actual truth. It's like if an infant from the USA never had a toy of a panda,never watched a video on animal planet, never was told what a panda was. They might think it's some kind of monster. Pretty much vice versa for like the American Buffalo/bison. What if both these animals would be extinct years from now? Maybe 200 years perhaps. Our ancestors might even question whether they actually existed. How would we know they they existed though? Answer that question to yourself, and then ask yourself what kind of things do we have to prove other things existed back in history?

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2016, 08:45:33 PM »
I've never been to Antarctica, but my question would be how stormy/snowy/windy, would the weather be? Whether it be going straight through the center on a globe earth or trying to go as far through to find a possible Ice Wall or something of the sort. The weather would probably make it almost impossible to do wouldn't it? And even if we would fly a plane all the way through, would that even be enough to prove a globe or flat earth? That could just prove that the wall is just bigger than we thought, or the globe is actually bigger?

I'd say if I had to choose a side whether it be Flat Earth or Globe Earth, I'd have to press more towards the globe earth, though recent videos I have watched have called some question to my mind. But what I don't understand is besides the change of scientific beliefs, would the earth being flat actually be something worth hiding from all the people in the world. Or is it just to get us to stop trying to explore the world, because the flat earth theory offers a possibility of something beyond just the Antarctica? Whether that be more land, dinosaurs, Gods, aliens, the cure to cancer?

I suppose it's one of those things where unless someone does it themselves, that person will never be able to for sure know the actual truth. It's like if an infant from the USA never had a toy of a panda,never watched a video on animal planet, never was told what a panda was. They might think it's some kind of monster. Pretty much vice versa for like the American Buffalo/bison. What if both these animals would be extinct years from now? Maybe 200 years perhaps. Our ancestors might even question whether they actually existed. How would we know they they existed though? Answer that question to yourself, and then ask yourself what kind of things do we have to prove other things existed back in history?

You have I suppose, read this post? Re: Has anyone ever flown a plane across Antarctica? « Reply #80 on: August 30, 2016, 04:27:50 AM »

Offline CableDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2016, 07:15:11 AM »
1.  Ok, if your math is really that perfect in proving a fixed distant sun (93M) and rotating/revolving globe earth, how come truth seekers are increasing exponentially in number? 

2.  Why can't you prove clearly once and for all that everything fed to people about globe earth is right?

3.  Have you not wondered why 'you're bombarded with questions and arguments that you can't really address and answer?

4.  Are you that perfect or imperfectly perfect? that even if you know there's a problem somewhere, you keep on saying you're right, afraid of being embarrassed...

5.  Give proofs and arguments that cannot be debunked or disproved, if you're really dead sure that the earth is globe or flat... and people will believe... but the problem is no one can do it, that's why we endlessly go and go around the circle catching each other's tail... hehehe..

1.  As requested above, please provide some kind of valid citation.

2.  Why can neither you or any other FES provide any proof at all that the world is flat?  All ideas proposed, which would prove a FE, are dismissed due to one impossibility or another.

3.  No.  Ignorant people ask questions because they don't know.  Stupid people ask questions for reasons known only to them.

4.  Are you not doing the same?  You vehemently state you are right and all others are wrong.  What makes your statement of rightness so righteous?

5.  Do the same for your side of the argument.  So far, looking at your posts, all you've been able to do is parrot other people (none of which offered any proof) and have provided nothing original or any where near proof of anything.

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2016, 12:21:14 PM »
1.  Ok, if your math is really that perfect in proving a fixed distant sun (93M) and rotating/revolving globe earth, how come truth seekers are increasing exponentially in number? 

2.  Why can't you prove clearly once and for all that everything fed to people about globe earth is right?

3.  Have you not wondered why 'you're bombarded with questions and arguments that you can't really address and answer?

4.  Are you that perfect or imperfectly perfect? that even if you know there's a problem somewhere, you keep on saying you're right, afraid of being embarrassed...

5.  Give proofs and arguments that cannot be debunked or disproved, if you're really dead sure that the earth is globe or flat... and people will believe... but the problem is no one can do it, that's why we endlessly go and go around the circle catching each other's tail... hehehe..

1.  As requested above, please provide some kind of valid citation.

2.  Why can neither you or any other FES provide any proof at all that the world is flat?  All ideas proposed, which would prove a FE, are dismissed due to one impossibility or another.

3.  No.  Ignorant people ask questions because they don't know.  Stupid people ask questions for reasons known only to them.

4.  Are you not doing the same?  You vehemently state you are right and all others are wrong.  What makes your statement of rightness so righteous?

5.  Do the same for your side of the argument.  So far, looking at your posts, all you've been able to do is parrot other people (none of which offered any proof) and have provided nothing original or any where near proof of anything.

Cel hasn't posted since  October 12, 2016, 11:38:54 AM. He probably thought I was a NASA agent for disproving his proof of NASA proving that they had disproven that the Earth is flat.
Or words not necessarily to that effect. Well, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2016, 12:18:22 AM »
Boooring.  Do you roundies have anything to say that is not boring? 

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 31, 2016, 06:48:20 AM »
Boooring.  Do you roundies have anything to say that is not boring?
What do you expect disinterring a post I made on November 06, 2016 disinterring a post CableDawg made on November 06, 2016, disinterring a post cel made on September 08, 2016?

They must be well ripened by now!

BTW  You're the "roundy"! Isn't your earth round? - a round disc!  Ours is a Glorious Globe.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2017, 04:05:03 AM »
Answering a post that is less than 3 months old is frowned upon now? 

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2017, 04:13:08 AM »
I thought that archeology was your game.

You seem to be stalking me.  ;D Am I going to need a restraining order?  ;D

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2017, 04:18:46 AM »

I did not know that asking a question was considered stalking.  Have you ever actually looked at laws, or do you always just make up you own definitions for well understood legal terms? 

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 10, 2017, 04:42:06 AM »

I did not know that asking a question was considered stalking.  Have you ever actually looked at laws, or do you always just make up you own definitions for well understood legal terms?
I make up my own, don't you?. I find that's the best way.

Max_Almond

« Reply #95 on: May 16, 2018, 08:05:42 PM »
There is a new flight claiming to circle the entire world, going over both poles, flying this October:

https://www.overthepoles2018.com/

Tickets are quite reasonable, at $12,000 per person.

Offline ben999

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 01, 2019, 09:01:50 PM »
If you don't trust any of the many documented expedition across antarctica, you can do the flight yourself, going by the straigthest line;
- go to the Falkland Islands
- rent a plane at Port Stanley airport
- head south
- fly over Antarctica
- according to the spheric model, after 10 000 km, you will be over the south-west of Australia. Land at either Perth or Esperance airport.

Two other teams should probably stay on ground at the departure and arrival point, to make sure the flyer one don't deviate. Of course, bring all the measure instruments you wish, and film it during the whole trip. Time also the travel all along to testify you are well flying through the ice continent and not around (don't worry, it has a perimeter of 15 000 kms, so you should notice it very fast).

Once the flat earth society will have tested itself that the antarctica is not an icewall, but a normal crossable continent, maybe they will at last dissolve and won't bother the rest of the world.

Unless there is yet an explanation with vortex, teleportation, or whatever magic.... then I'm out.

Offline Zonk

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 01, 2019, 09:59:27 PM »
If you don't trust any of the many documented expedition across antarctica, you can do the flight yourself, going by the straigthest line;
- go to the Falkland Islands
- rent a plane at Port Stanley airport
- head south
- fly over Antarctica
- according to the spheric model, after 10 000 km, you will be over the south-west of Australia. Land at either Perth or Esperance airport.

It is extremely unlikely that there is an airplane for rent in the Falklands with that kind of range.

These discussions about overflying the South Pole always crack me up.   There are 2 very good reasons why there are no scheduled trans-Antarctic  passenger flights:

1: There is no market for a city pair who's great circle route would take them over the continent. 
2: Even if there were, the flight route would be unlikely to be approved for safety reasons.  While airliners typically fly at or above 30,000 feet, if they lose cabin pressure, they would have to descend to 10,000 feet.  in that event:

a:  depending on how far along their route they were, the airplane might not have the range to get to a suitable emergency airfield at that lower altitude and
b:  Antarctica has terrain at or above 10,000 feet, and there is no detailed topographical map of the entire continent, so terrain avoidance would be dicey.

None of that applies to trans Arctic flights, because there are plenty of marketable city pairs, there is no high terrain, and there are plenty of suitable divert fields at higher latitudes.

Offline ben999

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 02, 2019, 11:07:36 AM »
It is extremely unlikely that there is an airplane for rent in the Falklands with that kind of range.

These discussions about overflying the South Pole always crack me up.   There are 2 very good reasons why there are no scheduled trans-Antarctic  passenger flights:

1: There is no market for a city pair who's great circle route would take them over the continent. 
2: Even if there were, the flight route would be unlikely to be approved for safety reasons.  While airliners typically fly at or above 30,000 feet, if they lose cabin pressure, they would have to descend to 10,000 feet.  in that event:

a:  depending on how far along their route they were, the airplane might not have the range to get to a suitable emergency airfield at that lower altitude and
b:  Antarctica has terrain at or above 10,000 feet, and there is no detailed topographical map of the entire continent, so terrain avoidance would be dicey.

None of that applies to trans Arctic flights, because there are plenty of marketable city pairs, there is no high terrain, and there are plenty of suitable divert fields at higher latitudes.

The problem is that you don't believe any of the hundreds of people who travelled across antarctica, risking their own lives (notably the Commonwealth trans-antarctic expedition in the 50's, and special mention to the one French woman alpinist, Laurence de la Ferrière, who travelled solo to the South Pole in 1997). According to you, even the scientists of the three permanent bases (Amundsen-Scott, Vostok and Concordia) are either liars or huge fools for people living so far inside antarctica (about 1000 kms from the shore for each), and not able to find the edge of the "icewall". I'm simply suggesting the FES to organize themselves the trip, out of the regular commercial lines, to check it once and for all.

Of course, it is extremely risky. The only airport on the direct road between Falklands and Australia is the Marambio base, on the antarctic peninsula. Out of them, there is no place to land in case of emergency. So, it will be a one-shot trial, since no rescues may come in time in the middle of the ice desert. If a drone could fly that long, it would probably be better, but we don't have it yet (maybe some day). And yes, I suppose that you won't just present yourself at the renting service, and just tell them that you are planning to check if Antarctica is not the end of the world. First, I think you will probably have to buy directly the aircraft with the appropriate fuel tank capacity; and secondly, you'll have to lie to the control tower about your destination. But then, what's the big deal since those people are already lying to you: that's only fair game. And I'm not even sure they will stop you from doing this madness if you sign all the liability waiver papers.

That's the principle of research; you can't just sit constantly waving your arguments on the net: you have to test it on the ground. Personnally, if I could prove that the Earth is flat, and a world conspiracy is hiding it, I would totally spend the money and take the risk.
And dying in space after falling at the edge of the world would be a super awesome death, don't you think?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 11:58:27 AM by ben999 »

Offline Zonk

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 02, 2019, 02:15:37 PM »
The problem is that you don't believe any of the hundreds of people who travelled across antarctica

How do you get that from my post?  I never said nor implied that.    Of course people have travelled across the continent.  That is beyond dispute.  People are living at the South Pole right now. 

Some FEs use the fact that thee are no scheduled south polar flight route as evidence (well, they don't like the word evidence.  they like the word proof) that the South Pole doesn't exist.  There are posts in this thread to that effect.  My post was to debunk that silly notion and give sound, logical reasons why there are none.