Thork

Re: Sony caves to threats
« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2015, 03:05:17 PM »
That would have been better for everyone.

I doubt Seth Rogan would appreciate being killed by North Korea.
No one gives a fuck about what Seth Rogan appreciates. >:(

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2015, 03:07:27 PM »
It's Rogen.  Not Rogan.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2015, 03:08:01 PM »
It's Rogen.  Not Rogan.

Holy fucking shit, Saddam.

Thork

« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2015, 03:09:02 PM »
It's Rogen.  Not Rogan.
No one gives a fuck how he spells his name either! >o<

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2015, 04:20:11 PM »
That would have been better for everyone.

I doubt Seth Rogan would appreciate being killed by North Korea.
No one gives a fuck about what Seth Rogan appreciates. >:(

I doubt Seth Rogen doesn't give a fuck about what Seth Rogen appreciates.

It's Rogen.  Not Rogan.
No one gives a fuck how he spells his name either! >o<

I also doubt Seth Rogen doesn't give a fuck about how Seth Rogen's name is spelled.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2015, 10:32:49 PM »
Basically.  The funniest part was a cameo from Eminem at the start where he casually admitted to be gay.

That was great

I have to say, James Franco's facial expressions were pretty great, too.
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #86 on: March 03, 2015, 11:30:52 PM »
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/interview-lost-sony-30-million-764366

The National Association of Theater Owners is hardly an impartial source, granted, but not even Sony is particularly ambitious about the movie's financial prospects:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-sonys-interview-freedom-edition-20150114-story.html

The studio expects to break even on film, which cost $44 million to make. That's due to strong home video sales and the fact that the studio was able to save millions on marketing the movie when the wide-release plans were scuttled, according to a person familiar with the matter.

I would say that I told you so...but I didn't tell you so.  I never claimed that an online release wouldn't be successful, only that the limited theatrical release wouldn't be.  Yes, I'm still irritated about that argument, particularly by the way that pizaaplanet stubbornly refused to admit he was wrong after I clearly pointed out how the context and timing of what I said would have rendered his interpretation of my post completely nonsensical.  It's true that the "very, very wrong" part was phrased poorly - one might even say arrogantly - but facts are facts.  You don't get to win every argument you ever have on the Internet.

With that being said, this news does in fact surprise me.  Hopefully, the lack of success was due to negative word-of-mouth rather than audiences just not being interested in watching movies online.  I'd hate for the industry to conclude from this that online distribution as a concept is doomed to failure and that we should just stick with movie theaters until the end of time.

Thork

« Reply #87 on: March 06, 2015, 08:22:35 PM »
Hopefully the industry will conclude that Seth Rogen films are doomed to failure and that we shouldn't have any more of those.