Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: Bernie 2020
« Reply #260 on: April 13, 2020, 10:20:03 AM »
I, for one, look forward to the Trump-Biden debates. Remember Trump creepily pacing behind Hillary? Imagine that, except we replace Hillary with Blue Trump.

America is the best reality TV show yet.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 13, 2020, 10:56:32 AM »

Wrong.

I wrote "two million dollar homes."

And if you thought it was meaningless, then it would have been best for not to reply and demonstrate a distinct inability to read and comprehend simple statements.

Yes, you did write 'two million dollar homes'.  Which, due to lack of punctuation, means 'multiple two million dollar homes.'. You described the houses, not their total value together
Example:
You need to take care of your red cars.
You need to take care of your two dollar sunglasses.

If you really were talking about the total value of his homes, then your statement is super ambiguous as it doesn't mention how many homes he has.  If he owns say... 20 houses, divided by 2 million, isn't much per home.  Or what about homes worth 1.5 million and 500,000? 

Basically: ya dun fucked up english.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 13, 2020, 11:04:24 AM »
I hope all 720 million unemployed women in the USA vote for Biden.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 13, 2020, 04:17:46 PM »
Actually the reason Trump doesn't need to worry about them is this: the fact of the matter is they are bullshit.

I don't believe that. It doesn't seem feasible to me that all these women are lying. I could see one woman lying, I could even see three or four lying, but well over a dozen just isn't believable. Trump is not the only high-profile, wealthy businessman or controversial politician in the world, and it is not the normal or expected thing for members of either of those groups to accumulate a very long list of women groundlessly alleging they sexually assaulted them. There must be some fire when there's that much smoke.

Trust me...like I wrote earlier, these accusations are the least of Biden's worries.

Yeah, you're probably right. Biden winning seems very unlikely, even without the added wrinkle of a woman accusing him of rape.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 13, 2020, 11:00:29 PM »
I had an odd conversation with my mom.  She told me how Biden's son had 3 good "deals" in 3 different countries after  Joe Biden did "dealings" with them as VP.

And while I hadn't heard about any of them, I didn't want to get into it but it makes me wonder: Why would she be angry about that when Trump does that on a daily basis? 

I'm beginning to suspect that brainwashing is afoot.

Trump is not corrupt. However, ignoring this, are you aware that two wrongs do not make a right?

Who had two wrongs in an attempt to make a right? 

But think about it: Trump has his children(and son in law), one of which runs his business, working for him at the White House.  He also gets alot of business to his own golf courses.  His hotels receive many high level visitors all in an attempt to get his favor.   

So why is it bad if Joe Biden helps his children get deals but its ok for Trump to give his children positions of power to aide in their wealth?

That appears to be a two wrongs make a right argument. If Trump is a murderer, is it okay for Joe Biden to murder someone?

Rama Set

« Reply #265 on: April 13, 2020, 11:37:56 PM »
It’s an issue of having double standards not of two wrongs making a right.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 14, 2020, 04:57:57 AM »
I had an odd conversation with my mom.  She told me how Biden's son had 3 good "deals" in 3 different countries after  Joe Biden did "dealings" with them as VP.

And while I hadn't heard about any of them, I didn't want to get into it but it makes me wonder: Why would she be angry about that when Trump does that on a daily basis? 

I'm beginning to suspect that brainwashing is afoot.

Trump is not corrupt. However, ignoring this, are you aware that two wrongs do not make a right?

Who had two wrongs in an attempt to make a right? 

But think about it: Trump has his children(and son in law), one of which runs his business, working for him at the White House.  He also gets alot of business to his own golf courses.  His hotels receive many high level visitors all in an attempt to get his favor.   

So why is it bad if Joe Biden helps his children get deals but its ok for Trump to give his children positions of power to aide in their wealth?

That appears to be a two wrongs make a right argument. If Trump is a murderer, is it okay for Joe Biden to murder someone?

Yeah, thats not the "two wrongs make a right" argument since its one wrong per person.  As Rama said, its a double standard issue.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

totallackey

« Reply #267 on: April 14, 2020, 10:24:16 AM »
Actually the reason Trump doesn't need to worry about them is this: the fact of the matter is they are bullshit.

I don't believe that. It doesn't seem feasible to me that all these women are lying. I could see one woman lying, I could even see three or four lying, but well over a dozen just isn't believable. Trump is not the only high-profile, wealthy businessman or controversial politician in the world, and it is not the normal or expected thing for members of either of those groups to accumulate a very long list of women groundlessly alleging they sexually assaulted them. There must be some fire when there's that much smoke.
Holy crap...

The guy started his campaign...all the accusations you claim have been made...where were they then?

The guy won the election...all the accusations you claim have been made...where were they then?

The guy has been in office for three years and a couple of months, been opposed nearly every single step of the way, russian colluder, ukrainian usurper, etc., etc., ...all the accusations you claim have been made...where are they now...

Sorry, no smoke...not even a match...
Trust me...like I wrote earlier, these accusations are the least of Biden's worries.

Yeah, you're probably right. Biden winning seems very unlikely, even without the added wrinkle of a woman accusing him of rape.
I honestly don't know what your problem is with Trump.

He has been the most Democratic politician to ever run for office in the history of the Republican party and he actually won...

You progressives should be very, very happy.

Your goal of totally destroying any semblance of what was once a free, constitutional republic has been a total success!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 11:16:44 AM by totallackey »

Rama Set

« Reply #268 on: April 14, 2020, 10:50:37 AM »
Your goal of totally destroying any semblance of what was once a free, constitutional republic has been a total success!

Trump: Hold my beer

totallackey

« Reply #269 on: April 14, 2020, 11:03:44 AM »

Trump: Hold my beer
Did you actually think what I posted was supporting Trump?

Or are you being your usual self?

Rama Set

« Reply #270 on: April 14, 2020, 12:53:27 PM »

Did you actually think what I posted was supporting Trump?

No, why do you think that is what I thought?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 14, 2020, 01:15:14 PM »
... Did Lackey just say Trump is a closet Democrat?  ???

Because I'm really questioning his grip on reality now.

totallackey

« Reply #272 on: April 14, 2020, 01:55:45 PM »
... Did Lackey just say Trump is a closet Democrat?  ???

Because I'm really questioning his grip on reality now.
Trump has been a lifelong and open Democrat.

"In a 2004 interview, Trump told CNN's Wolf Blitzer: "In many cases, I probably identify more as Democrat," explaining: "It just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans."

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 14, 2020, 02:07:08 PM »
Trump is a run-of-the-mill 1990's centrist Democrat. Many of those people have moved away from the party after it has become more extreme in recent years. If JFK was running as a Democrat today he would be rejected for his right-wing policies.

totallackey

« Reply #274 on: April 14, 2020, 02:11:30 PM »
Trump is a run-of-the-mill 1990's centrist Democrat. Many of those people have moved away from the party after it has become more extreme in recent years. If JFK was running as a Democrat today he would be rejected for his right-wing policies.
Most progressives would reject the ideas and philosophies that lead to the writing of the Declaration of Independence.

Rama Set

« Reply #275 on: April 14, 2020, 02:36:01 PM »
Only extremists would, obviously.  The silly idea that all people with left wing beliefs are bolshiveks or intersectionalists is just as dumb as thinking that people with right wing beliefs are nazis.  Almost everyone you talk to would agree that the principles the USA are founded on are sound.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 14, 2020, 11:08:46 PM »
Holy crap...

The guy started his campaign...all the accusations you claim have been made...where were they then?

The guy won the election...all the accusations you claim have been made...where were they then?

The guy has been in office for three years and a couple of months, been opposed nearly every single step of the way, russian colluder, ukrainian usurper, etc., etc., ...all the accusations you claim have been made...where are they now...

I'm not sure what you're even trying to say with this or how it rebuts my argument. The article I linked to provides the general timeline. Some of the accusations preceded Trump's presidential campaign, and some of the accusers decided to step forward after seeing Trump deny ever sexually assaulting anyone on TV in the wake of the Access Hollywood recording - which itself, I would argue, is also strong evidence that Trump has probably done that kind of thing before. As for where the accusations are now, well, a few lawsuits are making their way through the courts, but I don't expect Republicans to care about how those turn out, even if Trump were to actually lose them.

He has been the most Democratic politician to ever run for office in the history of the Republican party and he actually won...

My opposition to Trump is not rooted in ideology. Frankly, he doesn't have any kind of coherent, consistent ideology to oppose. His agenda is the betterment of himself. How to make himself richer, more powerful, more praised and admired. How can you have a political argument with a worldview that shallow and self-absorbed? Everyone should be opposed to that. Republicans, Democrats, conservatives, liberals - basically, anyone who isn't Trump. I've been stressing this point a lot lately, but it's important. Trump's victories are not your victories. His gains are not your gains. He's not going to share his power with you. He's not going to give you a cut of his profits. He's not going to not stab you in the back at whatever moment he deems it personally profitable to do so. You will never be anything more than a disposable pawn to Trump. A man like that doesn't deserve your loyalty and support.

totallackey

« Reply #277 on: April 15, 2020, 11:11:07 AM »
Holy crap...

I'm not sure what you're even trying to say with this or how it rebuts my argument. The article I linked to provides the general timeline. Some of the accusations preceded Trump's presidential campaign, and some of the accusers decided to step forward after seeing Trump deny ever sexually assaulting anyone on TV in the wake of the Access Hollywood recording - which itself, I would argue, is also strong evidence that Trump has probably done that kind of thing before. As for where the accusations are now, well, a few lawsuits are making their way through the courts, but I don't expect Republicans to care about how those turn out, even if Trump were to actually lose them.

My opposition to Trump is not rooted in ideology. Frankly, he doesn't have any kind of coherent, consistent ideology to oppose. His agenda is the betterment of himself. How to make himself richer, more powerful, more praised and admired. How can you have a political argument with a worldview that shallow and self-absorbed? Everyone should be opposed to that. Republicans, Democrats, conservatives, liberals - basically, anyone who isn't Trump. I've been stressing this point a lot lately, but it's important. Trump's victories are not your victories. His gains are not your gains. He's not going to share his power with you. He's not going to give you a cut of his profits. He's not going to not stab you in the back at whatever moment he deems it personally profitable to do so. You will never be anything more than a disposable pawn to Trump. A man like that doesn't deserve your loyalty and support.
Nobody deserves my loyalty or support.

Those things are earned and even then, I generally do not grant such things willy nilly, especially on the basis of and R or D or I.

There is nothing to any of the accusations as I wrote earlier.

Nobody who doesn't come forward with the grievance or problem or accusation at the time of occurrence deserves even less respect than the orange man you hate so much.

Used to be that speaking your voice, even in the face of fear, was behavior that was admired.

That is what progressives do not get.

People see the cognitive dissonance and the equivocation in people calling themselves progressive...especially Bernie...

The dude is an 80 year old loser and a chump.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 15, 2020, 12:28:05 PM »
TotalLackey totally lacks an understanding in sexual assault victim psychology.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 15, 2020, 11:35:28 PM »
Nobody deserves my loyalty or support.

Those things are earned and even then, I generally do not grant such things willy nilly, especially on the basis of and R or D or I.

I feel as though you're conflating "deserves" with "being entitled to." I'm not saying that Trump isn't entitled to your support or loyalty, although you're absolutely right that he isn't, and neither is any other politician. I'm saying that Trump has already shown that neither you nor anyone else should support him. He doesn't care about ideology or policy, he cares about his wealth, power, and public image. Republicans should not have someone with such shallow, selfish interests at the head of their party.

There is nothing to any of the accusations as I wrote earlier.

Nobody who doesn't come forward with the grievance or problem or accusation at the time of occurrence deserves even less respect than the orange man you hate so much.

Used to be that speaking your voice, even in the face of fear, was behavior that was admired.

That is incredibly harsh and judgmental. Someone who doesn't immediately report a rape is worse than the actual rapist? Seriously? In any case, this is just you making your (bizarre) case that the accusers are morally reprehensible, not that they aren't credible. My position, to rephrase it a bit, is that if we could look at this long list of accusers and suppose that they're all just lying because Trump is so controversial and has such fierce opposition, then we should logically wonder why other controversial politicians haven't been plagued by similar cases of lying women. Where are Boris Johnson's accusers? David Cameron's? George W. Bush's? Mitch McConnell's?