Offline Dad

• View Profile
Who created god?
« on: October 03, 2018, 07:50:52 PM »
some people say god created everything, such as life, the earth, and every living creature. but who created him? did he create himself? what do you fine intellectuals think?

Re: Who created god?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 01:57:46 AM »
Where is the beginning of this shape?

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 01:31:14 PM »
God was created by man to explain how things came to be.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Dad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 02:43:38 PM »
@Lord Dave but if nothing existed before god where did man come from?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 02:47:19 PM »
The universe has always existed and it always will. It has no beginning or end.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 03:01:31 PM »
@Lord Dave but if nothing existed before god where did man come from?
Who said nothing existed before God?The Earth existed well before humans made God.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline timterroo

• domo arigato gozaimashita
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 05:39:19 PM »

This is a philosophical debate. Describing something as having no beginning and no end is a concept that 3-dimensional perspective cannot really understand. I think this is why it is so hard for us (people) to imagine a universe with no beginning and no end. It doesn't work on a Cartesian plane. You cannot 'picture' a 3-dimensional object in this way because there is always a beginning and an end to our perspective. Higher dimensions would better describe an infinite system. Unfortunately, our concept of reality doesn't include any dimensions higher than 3rd. That is why this debate of god, the universe, and infinite existence will always be that, a debate.

I prefer to think of it like this:

Without a shadow of doubt, I know that I am here, now. I can't say that I remember when "I" came into existence, but I do know that "I" exist - at least to me, that is true. This perspective is what makes each and every conscious being a narcissist - unavoidable narcissism.

NOTE: The modern definition of narcissism has become something of an evil. Traditionally, however, narcissism simply means a love of oneself.
"noche te ipsum"

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."  - Albert Einstein

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2018, 03:09:42 AM »
some people say god created everything, such as life, the earth, and every living creature. but who created him? did he create himself? what do you fine intellectuals think?

As a few have said, there is no beginning or end. God does not follow the laws of time, God is outside of time. We can't understand that because we are stuck in this 3D existence...truth and real answers are way way out of our pay grade.

I like string theory as a way to understand it a bit.

Offline nickrulercreator

• It's round. That much is true.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2018, 09:42:06 PM »
Mankind did. Simple.
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space. If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you will not go to space today.

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2018, 12:50:48 PM »
Hi all! The question to ask is: HOW DO I KNOW?

How do I know anything? All I seem to know is memory, and that is all stuff put in there by what I have heard, read, seen etc. But how do I know? There appears to be a piece of me that does not know, and I do not like it. It is scary eh? This is the part we all try to fill with knowing! This is the life quest, to fill this hole of not knowing. But then again, "HOW DO I KNOW?"

Yours (always) in distress

toolmaker

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2018, 04:02:04 PM »
Hi all! The question to ask is: HOW DO I KNOW?

How do I know anything? All I seem to know is memory, and that is all stuff put in there by what I have heard, read, seen etc. But how do I know? There appears to be a piece of me that does not know, and I do not like it. It is scary eh? This is the part we all try to fill with knowing! This is the life quest, to fill this hole of not knowing. But then again, "HOW DO I KNOW?"

Yours (always) in distress

toolmaker

Many people don't know because they've let too much dark in their lives. We are born pure and have unlimited knowledge abilities. We don't need to know when to breathe, it just happens, we don't need to know when we help the little old lady across the street, we feel good, we don't need to know that murdering a fellow human is bad. These things like the origin of God don't put me in distress, no no, more like joy.

What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2018, 04:19:11 PM »

God explains he is the beginning and the end. No one here knows when their spark of life was created, it's our beginning with no end, we exist for eternity just like God. Where's your crib?

Do you grow spiritually or dwell on human nonsense? Pick up a sword and slash some demons.......
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2018, 05:02:53 PM »
Many people don't know because they've let too much dark in their lives. We are born pure and have unlimited knowledge abilities. We don't need to know when to breathe, it just happens,
Yes, the Medulla does that.  Also regulates heartrate. 

we don't need to know when we help the little old lady across the street, we feel good,
Not everyone feels good.  We are not born with this as it a social and emathetic feeling more than intrinsic.
we don't need to know that murdering a fellow human is bad.
Ya, we do.  We call them laws.  Also empathy but before we understand death, murder is just sleeping.

Offline Spingo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2018, 10:34:04 PM »

Only in your opinion, as you have no definitive proof of either.

Offline Spingo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2018, 10:46:11 PM »

Which god are you reffering to?

Since the dawn of time the estimate of the number of God’s created or believed in by man is around 2500 or there about, take your pick.

As to who created god, some would say it’s purely a human construct. The world and the cosmos at large appeared to get on quite happily before we humans came along, invented all these gods, and made up all the stories to go along with them. For most of the age of the universe the gods that most people believe in at the present time didn’t exist,  so obviously they had no hand in the creation of the universe, as it was here before the idea of them was.

Gods...who needs them?

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2018, 01:52:19 AM »
a common argument used by christian creationist is that for intelligent design to occur, there must be an intelligent designer. i mean how plausible is it that every single dna strand in my body is perfectly spaced and perfectly in a row.
Thats what many of them think.

"Is chaos able to turn into order?"
Many christian creationists think that idea is impossible:
for order, there must be an orderer, and for every building there is a builder.
however i find that ideology quite hypocritical when you actually think about it. god would also have a creator would he not? and that creator would therefor also have a creator. in an endless cycle that will never end.
If by any chance. god does not have a creator. They have just contradicted themselves.

thats just my personal opinion though. take it with a grain of salt.

Offline It’s round

• Round earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2018, 02:45:17 PM »
He never existed, I’m an atheist.
I only kill round earthers.

Oh no

Max_Almond

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2018, 02:50:08 PM »
Some people say god created everything, such as life, the earth, and every living creature. but who created him? did he create himself? what do you fine intellectuals think?

Why would you ask a question like this on the internet? Do you expect someone here to actually know the answer?

If you really want to know - go into the wilderness for thirty days and thirty nights, staying in one spot, and abstaining from distraction. That is, no reading, no writing, no cooking, no fires, no cell phone, etc, etc. Then ask your question with all your heart and all your mind and see what happens.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2018, 03:42:21 PM »
Some people say god created everything, such as life, the earth, and every living creature. but who created him? did he create himself? what do you fine intellectuals think?

Why would you ask a question like this on the internet? Do you expect someone here to actually know the answer?

If you really want to know - go into the wilderness for thirty days and thirty nights, staying in one spot, and abstaining from distraction. That is, no reading, no writing, no cooking, no fires, no cell phone, etc, etc. Then ask your question with all your heart and all your mind and see what happens.
Considering that you need water and food, that seems like it's doomed to fail.  I mean, you can only bring so much food and water with you.  And what about bathroom breaks?  Should you dig a hole first and sit on that for a month? 

Offline Cain

• This is the line of division.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2018, 06:17:28 PM »

Considering that you need water and food, that seems like it's doomed to fail.  I mean, you can only bring so much food and water with you.  And what about bathroom breaks?  Should you dig a hole first and sit on that for a month?
Maybe that's the point. There is no god, and we're all doomed to die.
You just made my list, buddy.  >:(
this world does not have room for another mind as intelligent as yours.