Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
Space travel is impossible
« on: January 30, 2018, 12:55:40 AM »
The vacuum will kill you. Suits can't handle it, you boil. The earth is flat and it's all Hollywood to make you believe the lie of round.

There is a quiz after the movie about fakery....

What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Re: Space travel is impossible
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 03:14:51 AM »
That is a REALLY bad video. Not only is the second half just the first half in a different order (literally, same footage and everything) but the presenter doesn't appear to understand *why* the planets appear the way they do when viewed from Earth. Hint, the moon has this same effect when viewed through such devices. It's the water in the air, something well known and documented. The first point is pure conjecture as well with no supporting evidence to his conclusions other than tenuous ideas based on a single report and the way something looks to him. That second bit seems vaguely familiar for some reason though....

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 05:28:14 AM »
I find it  amusing that he immediately erects a straw man of bubble wrap somehow being made of the same stuff as space suits, and then demonstrates by blowing up bubble wrap in a vacuum pump.

I find it interesting that he didn't notice that the container for the vacuum held up just fine. How is it possible to make a container to contain a vacuum? It's just like bubble wrap. Shouldn't the container have popped?

This is not even wrong, it's just ridiculous.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 01:41:18 PM »
Who knew that a pressurized bubble of air being held back by a paper-thin piece of plastic would burst in a vacuum? This guy clearly has a brilliant mind. I guess it is a good thing space suits are a whole lot tougher than bubble wrap.

I also like how the person who made the video finds the one video of a vacuum chamber accident and extrapolates that NASA just stopped there. There have been plenty of other, successful tests.
Another great post brought to us by J-Man! Thanks, it has been awhile.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50