Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #2860 on: June 18, 2018, 06:58:06 AM »
And, unsurprisingly, they love Iran and Assad...
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: June 18, 2018, 07:04:00 AM »
This is not shown in the data.

You can hate someone while still thinking someone else is a bigger threat.  Trump threatens the world.  Iran and Syria threaten their small corner of it.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: June 18, 2018, 01:00:02 PM »

You can hate someone while still thinking someone else is a bigger threat.  Trump threatens the world.  Iran and Syria threaten their small corner of it.

How, exactly, does Trump threaten world peace?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: June 18, 2018, 01:56:17 PM »

How, exactly, does Trump threaten world peace?
By pissing off more of it than others.

Right now he's got a trade war with: China, Mexico, Canada, the entire EU, and Japan.
He has personally angered Iran,  the Canadian prime minister (to harsh words, no less), and Palestine.
He is speaking highly of North Korea and canceling military drills, which is confusing the shit out of South Korea.
He's upset a few African nations with direct insults.

His influence is also much wider.  His words and actions send ripples through the world since be leads one of the most powerful nation on Earth: both militarily and economically.

If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: June 18, 2018, 03:51:52 PM »
He is speaking highly of North Korea and canceling military drills, which is confusing the shit out of South Korea.

I'd love to know where you get this stuff. Everything I've read suggests SK is extremely pleased with the way the summit went.

And I think you're comfused if you think a trade war is really a threat to world peace. Canada's not gonna declare war on us, and neither are those African countries Trump insulted for that matter, war is usually started over something more serious than feelings being hurt.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2865 on: June 18, 2018, 04:49:19 PM »

I'd love to know where you get this stuff. Everything I've read suggests SK is extremely pleased with the way the summit went.

And I think you're comfused if you think a trade war is really a threat to world peace. Canada's not gonna declare war on us, and neither are those African countries Trump insulted for that matter, war is usually started over something more serious than feelings being hurt.

Pleased, yes.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/12/world/asia/trump-military-exercises-north-south-korea.html

But confused.

Why would open warfare be the only thing that can make the world non-peaceful?  The US and USSR had a cold war yet "world peace" was not a thing.

I never said these things would create open warfare, but it won't make the world peaceful.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: June 18, 2018, 04:59:26 PM »
President Trump halted military exercises near the North Korean border after a peace summit? Shocking!

Rama Set

« Reply #2867 on: June 18, 2018, 05:03:40 PM »
His influence is also much wider.  His words and actions send ripples through the world since be leads one of the most powerful nation on Earth: both militarily and economically.

I dont think any rational actor will really threaten global peace.  It seems much more likely that an irrational actor, like a religious fundamentalist terrorist will disrupt the world in this way.

President Trump halted military exercises near the North Korean border after a peace summit? Shocking!

Considering how strongly he opposed negotiating with nuclear dictators less than 2 years ago, it is surprising.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: June 18, 2018, 05:46:19 PM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/18/ben-sasse-will-hurd-susan-collins-push-trump-to-stop-immigrant-family-separation.html

Trump’s lies on this subject seem especially feeble, not that it matters to his fans. I'd prefer him to build the wall then keep up this cartoonishly evil policy.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: June 18, 2018, 06:01:06 PM »
Why would open warfare be the only thing that can make the world non-peaceful?  The US and USSR had a cold war yet "world peace" was not a thing.

We had a cold war with the USSR because the threat of real war was always present. Again I don't think that's an issue with Canada or in all likelihood the EU.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: June 18, 2018, 08:35:51 PM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/18/ben-sasse-will-hurd-susan-collins-push-trump-to-stop-immigrant-family-separation.html

Trump’s lies on this subject seem especially feeble, not that it matters to his fans. I'd prefer him to build the wall then keep up this cartoonishly evil policy.

Manufactured outrage and fake news.

What evil policy? Are you arguing that if a police officer catches a thief stealing with his children, that the thief's children should go to jail with him?

This policy was put in place by liberal court judges long before Trump entered office, ironically to protect children.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: June 18, 2018, 09:12:27 PM »

We had a cold war with the USSR because the threat of real war was always present. Again I don't think that's an issue with Canada or in all likelihood the EU.
True.But again, you can't have world peace if you have hatred, violent or not.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: June 18, 2018, 09:31:05 PM »

What evil policy? Are you arguing that if a police officer catches a thief stealing with his children, that the thief's children should go to jail with him?

This policy was put in place by liberal court judges long before Trump entered office, ironically to protect children.
Actually....If a cop catches a thief stealing with their children, the children are given to the closest available relative.  But they have visitation rights, unless said parent is a danger to the child. 

So... kinda not the same thing.
Also: Detention centers are not prisons or even county lock up but rather a spot where people stay until their asylum case is called, which can take a while.  So it's not prison and thus your analogy is irrelevant.

Offline Boots

• ---- Cogito, ergo sum. ---- -Descartes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: June 18, 2018, 10:11:19 PM »

Actually....If a cop catches a thief stealing with their children, the children are given to the closest available relative.  But they have visitation rights, unless said parent is a danger to the child. 

So... kinda not the same thing.
Also: Detention centers are not prisons or even county lock up but rather a spot where people stay until their asylum case is called, which can take a while.  So it's not prison and thus your analogy is irrelevant.
Either way, the law limits the amount of time a child can legally be held in detention. The simple solution would be to amend the law. If it was me I would be making every effort to do just that, post-haste!
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: June 18, 2018, 11:07:24 PM »

Actually....If a cop catches a thief stealing with their children, the children are given to the closest available relative.

Your example is separating children from their thieving parents. Monster!

Just like the thief example, U.S. Border Guards are also willing to give the children to relatives, or provided a safe home if none are available. They are reluctant to put the children in adult prisons. Children are not prosecuted or punished at all, being children.

Why do you want children in adult prisons with their parents?  ???

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: June 18, 2018, 11:17:11 PM »
https://www.vox.com/2018/6/11/17443198/children-immigrant-families-separated-parents

1) How is the government separating families at the border?

To be clear, there is no official Trump policy stating that every family entering the US without papers has to be separated. What there is is a policy that all adults caught crossing into the US illegally are supposed to be criminally prosecuted — and when that happens to a parent, separation is inevitable.

Typically, people apprehended crossing into the US are held in immigration detention and sent before an immigration judge to see if they will be deported as unauthorized immigrants.

But migrants who’ve been referred for criminal prosecution get sent to a federal jail and brought before a federal judge a few weeks later to see if they’ll get prison time. That’s where the separation happens — because you can’t be kept with your children in federal jail.

What happens to the children:

4) What happens to the children?

In theory, unaccompanied immigrant children are sent to the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) within 72 hours of being apprehended. They’re kept in government facilities, or short-term foster care, for days or weeks while ORR officials try to identify the nearest relative in the US who can take the child in while his immigration case is being resolved.

All of this sounds pretty straight forward to me. You can't bring your children to jail with you. What outrage!  ::)

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: June 19, 2018, 01:43:38 AM »
It's also easy to forget a lot of people bringing kids through the border are possible human traffickers. There's no easy way to verify that these people are actually the parent or guardian of the kids they bring with them because they don't have any paperwork. Maybe you're a family looking for a better life for your kids or maybe you're thug looking to sell three children into sex slavery. It's impossible to eyeball which one is which.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: June 19, 2018, 08:21:51 AM »

Typically, people apprehended crossing into the US are held in immigration detention and sent before an immigration judge to see if they will be deported as unauthorized immigrants.But migrants who’ve been referred for criminal prosecution get sent to a federal jail and brought before a federal judge a few weeks later to see if they’ll get prison time.

Found the problem.
They're treating asylum seekers as criminals.  Just stop doing that.

It's also easy to forget a lot of people bringing kids through the border are possible human traffickers. There's no easy way to verify that these people are actually the parent or guardian of the kids they bring with them because they don't have any paperwork. Maybe you're a family looking for a better life for your kids or maybe you're thug looking to sell three children into sex slavery. It's impossible to eyeball which one is which.

This applies to any adult with a child out in public.
I sure as hell don't carry either of my kid's birth certificate around with me.

[/font]
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 10:10:47 AM by Lord Dave »

Offline Boots

• ---- Cogito, ergo sum. ---- -Descartes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: June 19, 2018, 08:54:45 AM »
They are not treating asylum seekers who enter legally through legal ports of entry as criminals. They are treating people who break the law and cross the border illegally and then, once caught, seek asylum as criminals. Big difference.
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: June 19, 2018, 09:33:26 AM »
They are not treating asylum seekers who enter legally through legal ports of entry as criminals. They are treating people who break the law and cross the border illegally and then, once caught, seek asylum as criminals. Big difference.

That's not what I've read.
People who go to legal ports of entry to seek asylum get persecuted as illegals.

And seems I was wrong.They're being turned away.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 10:11:14 AM by Lord Dave »