Is this 'cover' for the 'story'?
« on: July 20, 2019, 06:13:16 PM »
In Naval artillery aiming charts the compensate for curvature of the earth.
Did they do this to maintain the globe conspiracy?  Seems like al lot of work.  And if used would make you miss the target!?

Unless they told all involved don't use it it's only for 'show'.  But wouldn't they expose the 'lie'?  10,000's would know for decades from many nations?

http://mathscinotes.com/2017/12/earths-curvature-and-battleship-gunnery/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
Re: Is this 'cover' for the 'story'?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 12:34:21 AM »
hog wash like the moon landing. A helo hovering for 1 hr. would have the earth pass under them when in fact they stay in exact spot as liftoff. No ordinance aloft for 5 seconds is going to move crap except from wind and rotation of projectile. Thank you for creating an alt to help me understand more fake science.
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 02:09:46 AM »
hog wash like the moon landing. A helo hovering for 1 hr. would have the earth pass under them when in fact they stay in exact spot as liftoff. No ordinance aloft for 5 seconds is going to move crap except from wind and rotation of projectile. Thank you for creating an alt to help me understand more fake science.

An ordinance doesn't have a pilot nor onboard flight controls.

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 01:38:41 AM »

For your helo scenario to be true the air would have to be stationary since it supports the helo
And the earth moving 1000 mph
Strong wind lol
The air moves with the earth, gravity assures that

The Paris gun had to compensate for earth rotation
It had a flight time of ~180 sec
The earth moved 0.28 mi/sec x 180 or 50 miles at equator
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2019, 03:32:24 AM »

PHYSICS:
   1) The Basics
      1a) Inertia

Offline somerled

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2019, 06:28:46 AM »
If you fire a shell against the supposed spin of the earth then surely you would have to apply force to overcome inertia ? Can't see any column in the fire chart allowing for direction of fire v spin direction of earth (or rotation v latitude ) .

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2019, 07:32:06 AM »
If you fire a shell against the supposed spin of the earth then surely you would have to apply force to overcome inertia ? Can't see any column in the fire chart allowing for direction of fire v spin direction of earth (or rotation v latitude ) .

No. You’re misunderstanding.

Get on a constant velocity train, bus, or airplane, stand in the middle with one person on each end. Throw a rock as hard as you can at person A standing at the front of the car then throw a rock at person B standing at the back of the car.
You will hit both people equally hard and potentially injure them. They are on your train. They are moving the same speed you are. Inertia.

Now if you want to throw a rock at a pedestrian on the sidewalk from your train after you pass them, THEN you would have to overcome your inertia if you wanted to hit them with that same amount of force.
Or if you wanted to shoot a spaceship that is at rest in relation to the earth.

Offline somerled

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2019, 08:08:37 AM »
You are equating the earth with a closed system such as a train , bus or airplane - these have definite boundaries to the containing environment in which they move .
           The logical conclusion is that earth is an enclosed environment . Where are the boundaries ?

totallackey

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2019, 11:00:39 AM »
These recommendations have nothing to do with the curvature of the earth.

They simply take into account the velocity and weight of the projectile.

All math.

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2019, 05:09:55 PM »
You are equating the earth with a closed system such as a train , bus or airplane - these have definite boundaries to the containing environment in which they move .
           The logical conclusion is that earth is an enclosed environment . Where are the boundaries ?

No, lol, the earth is not a closed system.

However, the atmosphere and objects on the planet are moving WITH the earth in the same way that the air and rocks and people inside a plane, train, or car is moving with it, AKA inertia.
My analogy isn’t flawed, your understanding is.
There doesn’t need to be definite boundaries on anything. There is no sharp line between space and the atmosphere. There doesn’t need to be a dome separating it. The fact that everything is moving together is enough to explain this. INERTIA.
Learn the basics.

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2019, 11:24:07 PM »
These recommendations have nothing to do with the curvature of the earth.

They simply take into account the velocity and weight of the projectile.

All math.
Yes math

Did you read the article?

"In this post, I want to examine how the curvature of the Earth affected the gunnery direction. Curvature corrections are only needed for very long-range artillery."