Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
Re: Just look at this...
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2020, 11:39:35 AM »
I see you pasted a link in your response but it doesn't render on the monitor.

Looks like you have it tagged incorrectly in your post.

Could you try again?

I don't know what's wrong with your computer that it keeps failing to load images, but it's tagged correctly and works fine on all my computers and others I've asked to look at it. You might want to have that looked at. Anyone else having problems?

Here are the direct links for the page and the image.  I'd upload it as an attachment bu it's too large.

https://ibb.co/HFLNxGr

https://i.ibb.co/7YxgRrG/Solar-System-Motion.gif

totallackey

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2020, 12:00:12 PM »

Could you try again?

I don't know what's wrong with your computer that it keeps failing to load images, but it's tagged correctly and works fine on all my computers and others I've asked to look at it. You might want to have that looked at. Anyone else having problems?

Here are the direct links for the page and the image.  I'd upload it as an attachment bu it's too large.

If you look at your link, it fails to include the [img] tag.

Can you post an animated gif that moves like the one I posted, but uses the correct Newton/Kepler/Einstein math?

Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2020, 12:06:00 PM »

Could you try again?

If you look at your link, it fails to include the [img] tag.

Can you post an animated gif that moves like the one I posted, but uses the correct Newton/Kepler/Einstein math?

My first post included the [img] tag but you said you couldn't see it, so I included the raw links for you.  Try copying and pasting them into your browser.  Just select the entire Solar-System-Motion URL with the mouse, press ctrl-c and then use ctrl-v to paste it into your web browsers navigation bar.

Here it is again.

The image is an animated gif using the correct math.

totallackey

« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2020, 12:09:14 PM »
My first post included the tag but you said you couldn't see it, so I included the raw links for you.  Try copying and pasting them into your browser.  Just select the entire Solar-System-Motion URL with the mouse, press ctrl-c and then use ctrl-v to paste it into your web browsers navigation bar.

Here it is again.

The image is an animated gif using the correct math.
That link directs me to a site containing possible malware and is blocked by my firewall.

Perhaps you can use the [img] and post it directly here so I can see it here in thread.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 01:04:11 PM by totallackey »

Rama Set

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2020, 12:16:22 PM »
I could see all of them just fine.

totallackey

« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2020, 01:06:03 PM »
I could see all of them just fine.
That's great.

Thank you for letting us know that.

Unfortunately for those keeping track in the thread, they cannot see, in direct response to the thread, an image of what is claimed to be represented.

So I am sure that would be of keen interest to some.

Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2020, 01:20:04 PM »
That link directs me to a site containing possible malware and is blocked by my firewall.

Perhaps you can use the img and post it directly here so I can see it here in thread.

Thanks.

How ironic.  I only used that site because it's the same one your image was hosted at and I wanted to make sure you could see it.  I'm unclear why you can see the image you linked but not mine, they are both hosted at the same site. You should update your firewall, that site is no longer blocked on updated systems.

Anyway. Here is another copy hosted on imgur.  I posted both your picture and mine for comparison.

totallackey

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2020, 01:25:41 PM »

Perhaps you can use the img and post it directly here so I can see it here in thread.

Thanks.

How ironic.  I only used that site because it's the same one your image was hosted at and I wanted to make sure you could see it.  I'm unclear why you can see the image you linked but not mine, they are both hosted at the same site. You should update your firewall, that site is no longer blocked on updated systems.

Anyway. Here is another copy hosted on imgur.  I posted both your picture and mine for comparison.

Thanks you very much!

Can you verify the code utilized to generate your gif makes use of Newton/Kepler/Einstein math in its rendering of the image?

If so, do you know what forces where taken into account for the measurement of g, which bodies were responsible for generation of the g, and how long of a sequence the gif represents?

Further, do you know why your rendering only includes four bodies and not the rest?

Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2020, 01:56:55 PM »

Thanks.

Thanks you very much!

Can you verify the code utilized to generate your gif makes use of Newton/Kepler/Einstein math in its rendering of the image?

If so, do you know what forces where taken into account for the measurement of g, which bodies were responsible for generation of the g, and how long of a sequence the gif represents?

Further, do you know why your rendering only includes four bodies and not the rest?

1. The developers state it uses Newtonian n-body calculations.  I can verify they are doing this as I've been writing n-body simulators for 30 years and if they were not, their simulations would be wildly inaccurate.

2. Opening the simulator settings shows that G is set to 0.0000000000667 Newtons(m/kg)^2 which is also correct.
     The time frame is about 687 days, as that is how long Mars takes to orbit the sun once.

3. I only included the inner bodies in the gif as if I zoomed out to show the outer ones the inner ones would be too small to see.  You can't fit the whole solar system into a small gif due to the scale.  But the full simulation has all the planets, a hundred or so moons and several thousand asteroids and comets, I can watch it all.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2020, 03:45:29 PM »
Unfortunately for those keeping track in the thread, they cannot see, in direct response to the thread, an image of what is claimed to be represented.
Yes they can. Your firewall or browser is blocking the imgbb site. I suggest you change the settings as that is not a malicious site.
I could see the image fine.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

totallackey

« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2020, 04:51:37 PM »
Yes they can. Your firewall or browser is blocking the imgbb site. I suggest you change the settings as that is not a malicious site.
I could see the image fine.
Thanks, but he was able to post an image.

totallackey

« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2020, 04:58:59 PM »

1. The developers state it uses Newtonian n-body calculations.  I can verify they are doing this as I've been writing n-body simulators for 30 years and if they were not, their simulations would be wildly inaccurate.

Can you clarify for the lay person exactly what this means?
2. Opening the simulator settings shows that G is set to 0.0000000000667 Newtons(m/kg)^2 which is also correct.
Fantastic.

Now, what portion of the galaxy (according to the developers) is most responsible the generation of and use of that figure you provided for this possibly accurate (but definitely incomplete) rendering?
The time frame is about 687 days, as that is how long Mars takes to orbit the sun once.
Thank you.
3. I only included the inner bodies in the gif as if I zoomed out to show the outer ones the inner ones would be too small to see.  You can't fit the whole solar system into a small gif due to the scale.  But the full simulation has all the planets, a hundred or so moons and several thousand asteroids and comets, I can watch it all.
Well, I find that interesting.

The gif I presented had all the bodies.

Plus, tell me what you find visually different between the way things are modeled in each.

Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2020, 05:47:18 PM »

Can you clarify for the lay person exactly what this means?

If you want to understand Newtonian n-body simulations, the wiki page is a good read at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N-body_simulation

An n-body simulation is just using Newtons formulas on a set of bodies, like the solar system or stars.  It's how most gravity simulations are done, including when NASA plans space missions.

Fantastic.

Now, what portion of the galaxy (according to the developers) is most responsible the generation of and use of that figure you provided for this possibly accurate (but definitely incomplete) rendering?

The gravitational constant is measured in a variety of ways, none of which have anything to do with the galaxy.  It's simply a number that indicates how much matter is attracted to itself.   You can read about it here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitational_constant

Thank you.

You're welcome.

Well, I find that interesting.

The gif I presented had all the bodies.

Plus, tell me what you find visually different between the way things are modeled in each.

The image you posted has shrunk the orbits of all the planets so they all fit into the animation.  In reality, the orbits of the outer plants is vastly larger than the inner ones.  So if you show them all, the inner planets are all shrunk down so small it's hard to make them out.

I included a screensho of the whole solar system, and you can see that it's very hard to see any detail about the inner planets without magnifying.  Plus, the orbits of the outer planets are so long compared to the inner planets that the animation doesn't look as good.

My images are accurate in size and orbital speed and so don't look as nice as the one you linked. That one is meant to show the concept and messes with both scales to fit everything into a cool looking fast moving image with over-sized planets so people can recognize the Sun and Saturn and Earth.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2020, 08:42:38 PM »

Your original question was:

The question is this...

Where is the model that actually does use Newton/Kepler/Einstein that I can see on my computer screen?

Seems like your OP has been satisfied several times now. Are you looking for something different now?