Yaakov ben Avraham

Re: Ask a Jew anything.
« Reply #1960 on: April 06, 2015, 10:53:42 AM »
When I use my phone, I am on the WAP2 Interface. Ignore doesn't work on that. I switched back to my computer, but I still had to read it.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: April 06, 2015, 01:04:20 PM »
When I use my phone, I am on the WAP2 Interface. Ignore doesn't work on that. I switched back to my computer, but I still had to read it.
This actually makes no sense.
WAP2 is a WiFi encryption.
Ignore is a forum level flag that doesn't display a specific user's post.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Online beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: April 06, 2015, 01:27:08 PM »
Maybe the script that hides ignored users just doens't work properly in his phone web browser.
The Mastery.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: April 06, 2015, 01:31:30 PM »

He means this: http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?action=forum;wap2

WAP2 isn't WiFi encryption. You're thinking of WPA2.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: April 06, 2015, 01:33:40 PM »
I think you're thinking of WPA2.

The WAP2 interface is what SMF displays for older phones. You can see it here: http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?action=forum;wap2

EDIT: *shakes fist at Parsifal*
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1965 on: April 06, 2015, 01:57:53 PM »
A correction so sweet, Dave had to hear it at least twice.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: April 06, 2015, 02:29:14 PM »

He means this: http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?action=forum;wap2

WAP2 isn't WiFi encryption. You're thinking of WPA2.
God Damnit!
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #1967 on: April 06, 2015, 04:36:43 PM »
Don't worry, people. It's no big deal. So I occasionally see what he says. Sometimes, especially when it comes to things like that, its helpful. Here's my blanket advice. When he comes up with weird shit about Jews and calls it fact, I would ask me first before I accept it as such. The Kol Nidre Prayer is a perfect example of one that can be take and twisted out of context very easily. I am sure that next you will probably hear about "The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion", which were supposedly written by Rabbis as a secret treatise on how to take over the world. In fact, its a forgery of the Okhrana, the Czarist Secret Police from about 1871. After that he'll probably accuse the Talmud of saying its ok to rape three year old girls. They usually cite a non-existent section of the Tractate on Marriage for that one.

Seriously, I find it really humourous how much power people think we've got. If 2.2% of the world really has that much power over 97.8% of the world, the rest of you have got to be a bunch of fucking morons! Obviously I don't really believe that. But how can we have that kind of control, and still manage to allow 1/3 of our population to be annihilated in 12 years? Clearly we aren't that good with our control. Something obviously went wrong.

Anyway, my take on Mister Bickles. I think he needs a seriously long nap. He seems tired.

« Reply #1968 on: April 24, 2015, 10:04:19 AM »
What does מָגֵן mean?
"Oh, just wait 'til Mickey Richardson hears about THIS!"

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: April 24, 2015, 10:45:02 AM »
Don't worry, people. It's no big deal. So I occasionally see what he says. Sometimes, especially when it comes to things like that, its helpful. Here's my blanket advice. When he comes up with weird shit about Jews and calls it fact, I would ask me first before I accept it as such. The Kol Nidre Prayer is a perfect example of one that can be take and twisted out of context very easily. I am sure that next you will probably hear about "The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion", which were supposedly written by Rabbis as a secret treatise on how to take over the world. In fact, its a forgery of the Okhrana, the Czarist Secret Police from about 1871. After that he'll probably accuse the Talmud of saying its ok to rape three year old girls. They usually cite a non-existent section of the Tractate on Marriage for that one.

Seriously, I find it really humourous how much power people think we've got. If 2.2% of the world really has that much power over 97.8% of the world, the rest of you have got to be a bunch of fucking morons! Obviously I don't really believe that. But how can we have that kind of control, and still manage to allow 1/3 of our population to be annihilated in 12 years? Clearly we aren't that good with our control. Something obviously went wrong.

Anyway, my take on Mister Bickles. I think he needs a seriously long nap. He seems tired.
You weren't wiped out.  You were able to get the US into the war, which likely saved the Jewish race.

As for control, money is power and you said it yourself: Jews are good with money.

Offline JRowe

• Slowly being driven insane by RE nonsense
    • View Profile
    • Dual Earth Theory
« Reply #1970 on: June 19, 2015, 08:47:53 PM »
If circumcision is the sign of the Covenant with God, does this mean women cannot be as close to God as men?
My DE model explained here.
Open to questions, but if you're curious start there rather than expecting me to explain it all from scratch every time.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #1971 on: June 20, 2015, 03:26:07 AM »
Good question, but no. Circumcision is simply a symbol of the Covenant. Why that particular thing was chosen I am not certain. The fact that it can only be done to males is obvious. But in fact, Judaism believes that women are inherently more spiritual than men. We need the reminder of the Covenant. Women do not. Men, for example, are required to pray three times a day. Women need pray only once a day. Men need to go to the synagogue. Women may pray at home. It has been determined by our scholars that women have a connection with G-d that men lack.

On a sexual level, Judaism is much more liberal than Christianity. Both partners in a marriage have rights over each other. My wife has rights over me, and I over her. She has the right to sex, and to the expectation that it will be pleasurable to her. I have the same rights. If one party wants sex, and the other party is not ill or menstruating, then they are expected to provide it. And it is expected that each party fulfill that obligation toward the other. This is especially true on the Sabbath.

When men say in the prayers, "Blessed art thou, O L-rd our G-d, King of the Universe, for that thou hast not made me a woman," that is not intended as a rudeness. In fact, the reason we say it is because there is no man who could fulfill the duties of a woman. Women have it much harder than men. All men have to do is work a job, pray and study in synagogue, and be the master of the house.

A woman has to carry children before birth, give birth, do the lion's share of the raising of said children, keep a kosher home, do most of the cooking and cleaning, take care of her man, and on, and on, and on. What man can do all that a woman has to do? Our job in life is MUCH, MUCH easier than that of a woman's lot, and we Jews are smart enough to know that.

So, not all is as it seems. Westerners don't get Judaism at all. Hell, nowadays, many Jews (Liberal Jews) don't get it. I hope that explanation helped some.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 03:29:20 AM by Yaakov ben Avraham »

Rama Set

« Reply #1972 on: June 20, 2015, 10:37:59 PM »
A woman has to carry children before birth, give birth, do the lion's share of the raising of said children, keep a kosher home, do most of the cooking and cleaning, take care of her man, and on, and on, and on. What man can do all that a woman has to do? Our job in life is MUCH, MUCH easier than that of a woman's lot, and we Jews are smart enough to know that.

But not smart enough to know that the only one of those duties a man can not also perform is carry a child?

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #1973 on: June 20, 2015, 11:13:35 PM »
Well, its kind of hard for a man to take care of his man, unless he routinely drops the soap, but that's another matter. And I assure you, with my wife injured  and me having taken over almost all feminine duties in the home at present, I have come to realise that I shall NEVER do them as well as my wife does them. You can say what you like. And my response is that you have your head in the sand. When you are bashing Judaism, remember, we have been here for 3800 years, and will continue to be here long after atheism and every other current religion or belief has either disappeared or changed so much that it is unrecognisable.

Rama Set

« Reply #1974 on: June 20, 2015, 11:30:36 PM »
Well, its kind of hard for a man to take care of his man, unless he routinely drops the soap, but that's another matter. And I assure you, with my wife injured  and me having taken over almost all feminine duties in the home at present, I have come to realise that I shall NEVER do them as well as my wife does them. You can say what you like. And my response is that you have your head in the sand. When you are bashing Judaism, remember, we have been here for 3800 years, and will continue to be here long after atheism and every other current religion or belief has either disappeared or changed so much that it is unrecognisable.

I am more bashing antiquated gender roles and how you patted yourself on the back for having them but please feel free to turn it in to an attack on your religion.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #1975 on: June 20, 2015, 11:37:00 PM »
You have a personal problem, think. There is nothing wrong with traditional gender roles.

Rama Set

« Reply #1976 on: June 20, 2015, 11:44:16 PM »
You have a personal problem, think. There is nothing wrong with traditional gender roles.

Nope, but there is something wrong with thinking that they are intrinsically true.  It is a delusion.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #1977 on: June 21, 2015, 12:02:07 AM »
I don't know, Rama, I think your narcissism is beginning to display itself. The Torah tells us how men and women are to interact. Now, either Judaism is an inspired religion or not. If it is not, then what the fuck is the point? But if it is, then we do what the Torah tells us to do. Your issues with that are not my problem, but rather, your problem. I suggest you keep them that way. The Torah was not meant for the Goy anyway. So don't worry about it.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 12:07:28 AM by Yaakov ben Avraham »

Rama Set

« Reply #1978 on: June 21, 2015, 04:22:27 AM »
I don't know, Rama, I think your narcissism is beginning to display itself. The Torah tells us how men and women are to interact. Now, either Judaism is an inspired religion or not. If it is not, then what the fuck is the point? But if it is, then we do what the Torah tells us to do. Your issues with that are not my problem, but rather, your problem. I suggest you keep them that way. The Torah was not meant for the Goy anyway. So don't worry about it.

You are cherry picking now. Some parts of the Torah you feel fit to ignore because it was for a Bronze Age human culture but now it the Torah and it is inspired and you do what it tells you. Must be nice to be able to turn that switch on and off. How do you do that?

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #1979 on: June 21, 2015, 12:13:43 PM »
I'm not cherry picking at all. The only thing we have put into abeyance at all would be some of the punishments. And, to be straight, in a land ruled by Torah Law (Halacha) you never know, there might be a place for such. I won't know until Messiah gets here. That is the only way  to have a truly Halachic State. Without a King descended from David, without a Temple, without knowing who the High Priest is, etc, we can't have a Halachic State.

And the fact is that about half of Israel is secular. You can't have a Halachic State with half the population being secular. There are also non-Jews in the State. Until they have been removed, or informed as to what is expected of them, a Halachic State wouldn't even be fair.

I'm all in favour of strict Torah observance when the time is right, but now is not the time. So when the laws can be enforced, we will do that. Until then we will enforce what we can of Torah, and leave the remainder until a later date.

Of course, do keep in mind, if you go to KJ, don't try to wear shorts and a Tee. You will probably have rather large rocks launched at you by quite unappreciative Jews over your  lack of sufficient attire. So there is Torah, and then there is Torah.

It all comes down to the Messiah coming. When he does, the Temple will be built, the animal sacrifices will be renewed, and all the Torah laws will come into effect. At that point, any secularist, or any non-Jew, who happens to be in the way, will need to get clear or be made to get out of the way. It is that simple.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 12:15:36 PM by Yaakov ben Avraham »