• View Profile
Re: Ask a Jew anything.
« Reply #1880 on: March 27, 2015, 10:14:51 PM »
Why did Noah curse Canaan?
The Mastery.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #1881 on: April 03, 2015, 04:51:39 PM »
Yaakov, what do you think about the more recent studies in Egypt indicating that the Egyptians didn't use slave labor and actually had paid farmers work the pyramids when the growing season was done?

In fact, I never claimed that the Jews built the pyramids at all, and I agree, that you never said I did. As much studying as I have done regarding the pyramids showed me the following:

They were built by a combination of corvee labour, slave labour, and paid labour. Corvee labour (and there should be an accent over that last "e", but my computer is not geared for that) was what many nations used in lieu of taxes. A person would pay his taxes in the form of labour rather than money. It wasn't quite slavery, but it was damned close to it.

Now, the fact that the Jews were slaves in Egypt does NOT imply that they built the pyramids. I suppose children grow up thinking that because of what they learn in Sunday school, but we Jews are not taught that in Cheder. We are simply taught what Exodus says, namely,

Exodus 1:11King James Version (KJV)

11 Therefore they did set over them taskmasters to afflict them with their burdens. And they built for Pharaoh treasure cities, Pithom and Raamses.

So, if that answers your question, there you are.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: April 03, 2015, 04:53:11 PM »
What do you think of the deal with Iran being forged?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Ghost of V

« Reply #1883 on: April 03, 2015, 04:56:20 PM »
What do you think about David Icke and his claim that the Jews are all reptilian aliens from the Draco constellation?

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #1884 on: April 03, 2015, 05:04:48 PM »
Why did Noah curse Canaan?

Wow, that is a hell of a question. And to be honest, I am not certain of the answer. I can do some research and try to find an answer, but it may take a bit of time.

I think that even talking to Iran is the stupidest thing we could possibly do. Just a few days ago, one of their highest ranking generals was talking about wiping Israel off the map, and just a few days before that, they had people in the streets chanting "death to America". I hope Israel decides to take out their reactors. Obama is a traitor to the American people and should be tried for treason, found guilty, and treated as such. Even Arab nations such as Saudi Arabia, the which I normally hold in contempt, are questioning this deal with the Devil.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: April 03, 2015, 07:42:25 PM »
Brought here from the same-sex marriage thread:

In a society that is not governed by religious law, I agree with you entirely. And frankly, I am not so sure I would want to live in a Halachic State (meaning one that is governed by Halacha, or Jewish Law). I mean, it would depend. If Halacha were used as an inspiration for law, that is one thing. I wouldn't mind that at all. But if it in fact WERE the law, that would not be a state I would want to live in.

I'm curious as to why you wouldn't want this. Is it just a belief in secularity, or is there some feature of Halacha that would make it undesirable?

Right now, there is a debate going on in Israel, that started before the last election. A "Nationality Law" was proposed that would define Israel as a Jewish State and would make Halacha "the inspiration for Israeli law". Furthermore, although all citizens would have their rights respected as individuals, their current status as separate national groups would dissolved. The State would be defined as a State of its Jewish citizens. Other citizens would have individual rights, but not group rights, as they do now.

Would that distinction be made on the basis of ethnicity or religion? That is, what rights would an Arab who converted to Judaism have? What about an ethnic Jew who converted to Islam?

I'm not sure if this actually happens in practice, I'd just like to understand where the line is drawn.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: April 03, 2015, 08:22:35 PM »

I think that even talking to Iran is the stupidest thing we could possibly do. Just a few days ago, one of their highest ranking generals was talking about wiping Israel off the map, and just a few days before that, they had people in the streets chanting "death to America". I hope Israel decides to take out their reactors. Obama is a traitor to the American people and should be tried for treason, found guilty, and treated as such. Even Arab nations such as Saudi Arabia, the which I normally hold in contempt, are questioning this deal with the Devil.
"highest ranking generals"? 
Seriously?

First off, the only english news paper I found that had this information was an Israeli one.  So forgive me if I don't take their word for it.
Secondly, he isn't high ranking.
Mohammad Reza Naqdi, commander of Iran's Basij force is not, by any definition, a man of actual political clout.  He runs the Basij and can't even get a law to force women to wear the veil.  If he's the only one calling for death of Israel, I wouldn't worry.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #1887 on: April 03, 2015, 09:42:00 PM »
Brought here from the same-sex marriage thread:

In a society that is not governed by religious law, I agree with you entirely. And frankly, I am not so sure I would want to live in a Halachic State (meaning one that is governed by Halacha, or Jewish Law). I mean, it would depend. If Halacha were used as an inspiration for law, that is one thing. I wouldn't mind that at all. But if it in fact WERE the law, that would not be a state I would want to live in.

I'm curious as to why you wouldn't want this. Is it just a belief in secularity, or is there some feature of Halacha that would make it undesirable?

Well, Halacha is 4,000 years old, in other words, the Bronze Age. Some of the punishments were, well, a bit ridiculous. Walk too far on Sabbath. I KILL YOU!!!

I can understand using Halacha as the basis for legislation, in other words, using it as a starting point, but the punishments would have to go.

Right now, there is a debate going on in Israel, that started before the last election. A "Nationality Law" was proposed that would define Israel as a Jewish State and would make Halacha "the inspiration for Israeli law". Furthermore, although all citizens would have their rights respected as individuals, their current status as separate national groups would dissolved. The State would be defined as a State of its Jewish citizens. Other citizens would have individual rights, but not group rights, as they do now.

Would that distinction be made on the basis of ethnicity or religion? That is, what rights would an Arab who converted to Judaism have? What about an ethnic Jew who converted to Islam?

I'm not sure if this actually happens in practice, I'd just like to understand where the line is drawn.

Actually, yes, it does rarely occur in both directions, although doing so in either direction can be downright dangerous for a person because of extremism on both sides. and a Jew is a Jew whether they are born that way or convert, and they lose their Jewish status if they formally change their religion to something else, but not if they simply cease to practice Judaism. In other words, if you are an atheist Jew, you are still considered a Jew, but if you are a Hindu, you are no longer considered a Jew. The same would apply to a Jew who became a Christian or a Muslim.

And, to answer your question regarding whether there are secular unions in Israel, the answer is no. If you wish to have your marriage recognised in any way, you must do so in the rites of Judaism, Christianity, or Islam, or the Druze Faith. There is no way to unite with another person in a secular way. Civil unions do not exist.

Offline mister bickles

• while there's life, there's hope!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: April 04, 2015, 11:19:17 AM »
Even Arab nations such as Saudi Arabia, the which I normally hold in contempt, are questioning this deal with the Devil.

uh.......rotfl....have a listen to this member of that tribe of baby-butchering psychopaths talking about "the Devil".....their filthy anti-"religion" (really: just a criminal conspiracy) are the Devil!  >:(

and...they do the Devil's work and always have done
wrecking nations;
starting wars;
destroying families;
murdering the helpless and the innocent!

i think it was Martin Luther who said if any jew approached me professing Christ, i would throw him into the Rhine with a mill-stone around his neck!   ::)
nisi Dominus frustra

Offline mister bickles

• while there's life, there's hope!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: April 04, 2015, 11:34:08 AM »

First off, the only english news paper I found that had this information was an Israeli one.  So forgive me if I don't take their word for it.
Secondly, he isn't high ranking.
Mohammad Reza Naqdi, commander of Iran's Basij force is not, by any definition, a man of actual political clout.  He runs the Basij and can't even get a law to force women to wear the veil.  If he's the only one calling for death of Israel, I wouldn't worry.

Iran is a peaceful and prosperous nation which has never threatened any-one;
it tolerates non-Islamic faiths like Christianity and jews live there in peace;
many of the Iranian jews think Israelis and US jews like this "Yakov" are nut-cases and psychos!
the "death to Israel" malarkey is, more likely than not, just that.....malarkey!
(uh.....how would you know what was said unless yr a Farsi speaker?.....OTW...yr just relying on the jew-controlled media for a translation)
as for nukes....well.....first off...you gotta believe that nukes are real;
the evidence i'v looked into recently strongly indicates that they're just a hoax ;
https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=2508

once again, the jews are endeavouring to get the gullible goyim of the US to do their "dirty work" for them like they did in Iraq;
in fact: what they're really after is starting WWIII because Russia and China will come down very heavily indeed on the side of Iran.....who are quite heavily armed any-way and will, more likely than not, give the US one big, bloody nose!

« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 11:37:23 AM by mister bickles »
nisi Dominus frustra

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #1890 on: April 04, 2015, 01:23:59 PM »
Well, he's on ignore. Pretty sorry excuse for a human being, if all he has time to do is come in here and threaten and insult one person. What I find interesting is that he has all this time to be pissed at 2.2% of the world population. Well, since he hates us so much, he should voluntarily not be vaccinated against things like polio, which vaccination was invented by a Jew, and he should also refuse to accept the Hebrew Bible, which is also our patrimony... I could go on, but why bother?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: April 04, 2015, 04:43:06 PM »
Haven't we been over this, Yaakov? Just because X thing was done or invented by a Jew does not mean Jewish culture is responsible for its creation. If that logic were sound, then we could just extrapolate that everything done by Jews was done by humans because Jews are humans and therefore because we are humans we are collectively responsible for everything.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: April 04, 2015, 05:54:09 PM »

Why is your side better than theirs? They say call America the Great Satan, you call them the Devil. They say 'Death to America', you hope Israel bombs them. Both sides are war-mongering bastards.

Anyway, why is peacekeeping treason? What, exactly, has Obama done that is treasonous?
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #1893 on: April 04, 2015, 07:19:50 PM »

Why is your side better than theirs? They say call America the Great Satan, you call them the Devil. They say 'Death to America', you hope Israel bombs them. Both sides are war-mongering bastards.

Anyway, why is peacekeeping treason? What, exactly, has Obama done that is treasonous?

I consider Obama a traitor for far more reasons than just betrayal of our ally in the Middle East and coddling up to one of our worst enemies on the entire planet, although that alone would be enough. But, since you asked, let's play a little game, you and I. Let's list a few things, shall we?

To wit:
1. Benghazi.
2. Fast and Furious.
3. His "apology" tour at the beginning of his Aministration.
4. Bowing to the Saudi King.
5. Spending taxpayer money to attempt to prevent Netanyahu from being re-elected. Whether or not you like the Israeli Prime Minister, spending taxpayer money in an attempt to influence another nation's election is, by any definition of the word, illegal. And before anyone starts yapping about AIPAC, AIPAC is not in any way paid for using Israeli government funds. Although it may function in the interest of Jews, and thus, by definition, Israel, the Israeli State did not invent it, nor do they fund it.

I could go on, of course, but those five points are sufficient, I think.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 07:58:33 PM by Yaakov ben Avraham »

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: April 04, 2015, 09:30:02 PM »

I consider Obama a traitor for far more reasons than just betrayal of our ally in the Middle East and coddling up to one of our worst enemies on the entire planet, although that alone would be enough. But, since you asked, let's play a little game, you and I. Let's list a few things, shall we?

To wit:
1. Benghazi. - Unless you have evidence that he knew the compound was going to be attacked and wanted it to happen, you've got nothing.
2. Fast and Furious - A good plan that didn't end well.  Following the guns is a good strategy but somehow they found out the guns were marked.
3. His "apology" tour at the beginning of his Aministration - If an apology is an act of a traitor then clearly no human should ever apologize to another.  It would be an act of personal treason.
4. Bowing to the Saudi King - Yes, let's never show respect for foreign officials. 
5. Spending taxpayer money to attempt to prevent Netanyahu from being re-elected. Whether or not you like the Israeli Prime Minister, spending taxpayer money in an attempt to influence another nation's election is, by any definition of the word, illegal. And before anyone starts yapping about AIPAC, AIPAC is not in any way paid for using Israeli government funds. Although it may function in the interest of Jews, and thus, by definition, Israel, the Israeli State did not invent it, nor do they fund it. - Didn't hear this one.  You'll have to elaborate.  Like which budget code the money came from.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: April 04, 2015, 10:29:51 PM »
I've gotta be honest, Yaakov, I find your outrage at Obama's attempts at normalizing relations more disgusting than I do your Hitler complex. Honestly man, just because they're our enemies today doesn't mean they have to be our enemies forever. That attitude is actively evil.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #1896 on: April 04, 2015, 10:40:42 PM »
I've gotta be honest, Yaakov, I find your outrage at Obama's attempts at normalizing relations more disgusting than I do your Hitler complex. Honestly man, just because they're our enemies today doesn't mean they have to be our enemies forever. That attitude is actively evil.

Unless they are explicitly willing to guarantee that Israel, one of our major allies, has the right to exist, and quit calling for it to be wiped off the map, any normalisation of relations with them is an act of treason against the State for which Obama should be promptly arrested, tried, and punished as a convicted traitor.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #1897 on: April 04, 2015, 10:47:40 PM »
Let's face it, if country X wanted to wipe our ally Canada off the map, and wanted to "normalise relations" with us, as you put it, which is not at all what Iran wants to do (they have said that themselves), but if country X wanted cooperation from us in any way, wouldn't we demand that they leave Canada alone? How is Israel different, given that it is an ally of ours that is at least as close to us diplomatically as Canada?

Rama Set

« Reply #1898 on: April 04, 2015, 10:56:26 PM »

Unless they are explicitly willing to guarantee that Israel, one of our major allies, has the right to exist, and quit calling for it to be wiped off the map, any normalisation of relations with them is an act of treason against the State for which Obama should be promptly arrested, tried, and punished as a convicted traitor.

This is completely illogical Yaakov. Do you know what treason means?  Betraying an ally, which is the worst thing you could accuse Obama of in this case, is not treason by any definition.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #1899 on: April 04, 2015, 11:03:34 PM »

This is completely illogical Yaakov. Do you know what treason means?  Betraying an ally, which is the worst thing you could accuse Obama of in this case, is not treason by any definition.

I am inclined to disagree. And I would feel that way about any ally, whether it were Israel, or England, or Canada, or any other ally we've got. It just so happens that it is Israel in this case. And that does not address the other things I've listed. I don't have time to go into a long defence of everything I listed right now, but taking Benghazi, Hilary stood by while 4 people were killed. She knew what was happening and did nothing to stop it. And since the buck stops at the Oval Office, that guilt lands on him as well as her.