Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Ask a Jew anything.
« Reply #1560 on: December 08, 2014, 07:05:26 PM »
You didn't answer my question.

The question didn't deserve an answer.

Then why did you reply to it? It's okay, you can admit you're not jewly enough for Israel. I'm sure they'll understand that you're not willing to fight for your god or heed the call to the holy land.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #1561 on: December 08, 2014, 07:08:29 PM »
I haven't had the opportunity, financially or otherwise, to immigrate. And my personal circumstances make it difficult or impossible to live there.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: December 08, 2014, 07:20:01 PM »
How heavy is your jew gold bag?

Take it to the lower fora, beardo.

Ghost of V

« Reply #1563 on: December 08, 2014, 07:22:12 PM »
I haven't had the opportunity, financially or otherwise, to immigrate. And my personal circumstances make it difficult or impossible to live there.

It's not that expensive. You could probably catch a flight during tax season.

Until then, you are not a real Jew. You're a faker.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 07:27:16 PM by Vauxhall »

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: December 08, 2014, 07:26:45 PM »
How heavy is your jew gold bag?

Take it to the lower fora, beardo.
This ain't it?
The Mastery.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #1565 on: December 08, 2014, 07:28:09 PM »

Its not the plane flight. Its the fact that living in Israel is extremely expensive, and I am not working at present, being on disability, although that is hopefully not permanent. Even when I do return to work, though, the fact remains that my wife is Lutheran. She is NOT going to agree to live in Israel deep in the heart of the Middle East. Living with one Jew, maybe. Living in a country of Jews, that is something yet again. Plus, she works, but would her education degree be recognised there? Probably not.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: December 08, 2014, 07:30:11 PM »

Offline spoon

• Foxy wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: December 08, 2014, 07:32:02 PM »
So you reject god out of inconvenience?
inb4 Blanko spoons a literally pizza

Ghost of V

« Reply #1568 on: December 08, 2014, 07:32:17 PM »

Its not the plane flight. Its the fact that living in Israel is extremely expensive, and I am not working at present, being on disability, although that is hopefully not permanent. Even when I do return to work, though, the fact remains that my wife is Lutheran. She is NOT going to agree to live in Israel deep in the heart of the Middle East. Living with one Jew, maybe. Living in a country of Jews, that is something yet again. Plus, she works, but would her education degree be recognised there? Probably not.

You don't have to live there. I'm sure your wife would understand your motives for a short trip to Israel. If you are truly Jewish, like you say (not just playing one on the internet), then I'm sure she understands your deep conviction for the religion and wouldn't have a problem with you visiting. If she has a problem with it, then you married the wrong woman.

Also, Lutheran? How did this happen? Don't you realize that Judaism is against interfaith marriages? It goes as far to state that "the children of such marriages would be lost to Judaism". Why would you do this to your offspring?

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: December 08, 2014, 07:36:03 PM »
The Mastery.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #1570 on: December 08, 2014, 07:39:05 PM »
SPOON, it has nothing to do with inconvenience. VAUX, as far as visiting, I agree with you. I will, or we will, one day visit. As to how I married a Lutheran, well, it was interesting. LONG story, but to make a long one short, I am a Traditional Jew, but not explicitly Orthodox. I am trans-denominational. And my wife and I are not having children. We married with my Rabbi's agreement. If we had been wanting children, the marriage would probably have never occurred.

Back to you, Spoon. Inconvenience is one thing. My wife being able to function as a human being is more than an inconvenience. She would be unable to work. I am presently unable to work. We could not survive in Israel. Like I said, of course we will visit. Or at least I will. But living there isn't practical.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #1571 on: December 08, 2014, 07:39:53 PM »
Its only humourous when it isn't offensive and degrading.

Ghost of V

« Reply #1572 on: December 08, 2014, 07:40:41 PM »
SPOON, it has nothing to do with inconvenience. VAUX, as far as visiting, I agree with you. I will, or we will, one day visit. As to how I married a Lutheran, well, it was interesting. LONG story, but to make a long one short, I am a Traditional Jew, but not explicitly Orthodox. I am trans-denominational. And my wife and I are not having children. We married with my Rabbi's agreement. If we had been wanting children, the marriage would probably have never occurred.

Back to you, Spoon. Inconvenience is one thing. My wife being able to function as a human being is more than an inconvenience. She would be unable to work. I am presently unable to work. We could not survive in Israel. Like I said, of course we will visit. Or at least I will. But living there isn't practical.

You claim that you are on disability. What for?

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #1573 on: December 08, 2014, 07:45:48 PM »
You claim that you are on disability. What for?

That is a rather personal question. But, what the hell. I had a heart attack at 35, five years ago. I have dangerously high blood pressure, an aneurism (sp?) that can't be fixed, and several other medical problems.

Up until about 6 years ago, I was in and out of mental hospitals on avg about twice a year for reasons of deep emotional troubles related to severe Bipolar Disorder with Psychosis. I am now on heavy medication and therapy which has kept me out of the hospital, but, combined with my medical problems, has made me unable to work.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: December 08, 2014, 07:46:29 PM »
Have you tried yoga?
The Mastery.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1575 on: December 08, 2014, 07:48:13 PM »
I thought Israel was for Jews, not specifically rich Jews. Are you telling me rich Jews screw over other Jews too? That's pretty messed up.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #1576 on: December 08, 2014, 07:50:12 PM »
Have you tried yoga?

No. I am not flexible enough physically to be able to do so without serious injury. Like I said, I have many other medical troubles as well. Yoga would be very difficult for me at my age. I have a hard time even sitting on the floor and then standing up again.

IRUSH, no, I am NOT telling you that. I am telling you that Israel, like many countries, is an expensive place to live, just like California is much more expensive to live in than Iowa is.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: December 08, 2014, 07:55:17 PM »
Have you tried yoga?

That is racist. 

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #1578 on: December 08, 2014, 07:56:40 PM »
I don't know how asking about Yoga constitutes being racist, but ok.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: December 08, 2014, 07:58:09 PM »
IRUSH, no, I am NOT telling you that. I am telling you that Israel, like many countries, is an expensive place to live, just like California is much more expensive to live in than Iowa is.

California gives a lot of free money to people, though. Does Israel not have any free money for Jews?