Re: Ask a Jew anything.
« Reply #940 on: October 14, 2014, 10:14:39 PM »
What makes pork more unhealthy than any other meat product? Of course you're keeping in mind that they would have come across wild pigs, and not domestic ones, so the meat from them was probably leaner than any well fed domestic animals at the time.
Quote from: Saddam Hussein
I don't know what you're implying, but you're probably wrong.

Rama Set

« Reply #941 on: October 14, 2014, 10:24:09 PM »
So I'm curious, why is it that so much is forbidden to eat? Let's use the standard pork and lobster as examples.

Well, there are a variety of answers I could give to the question that is posted here on the quoted page. But pork is simple. One, its EXTREMELY unhealthy for you. Two, its damned hard to cook without getting worms, especially over an open fire.

Now, why the original message asked about penguins, I am still trying to figure out! I don't know anything about penguins, let alone whether one is aloud to eat them, so I can't answer that question.

Pork is neither "extremely" unhealthy for you nor difficult to cook even over an open fire.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: October 14, 2014, 10:42:54 PM »
So I'm curious, why is it that so much is forbidden to eat? Let's use the standard pork and lobster as examples.

Well, there are a variety of answers I could give to the question that is posted here on the quoted page. But pork is simple. One, its EXTREMELY unhealthy for you. Two, its damned hard to cook without getting worms, especially over an open fire.

Now, why the original message asked about penguins, I am still trying to figure out! I don't know anything about penguins, let alone whether one is aloud to eat them, so I can't answer that question.

Wait... Jews can't even cook pork right and think its Extremely unhealthy?  Wow...

Wait, no.  I'm sorry: God thinks they can't cook it and that its bad for them.  That rule came from God did it not?
So God thinks the Jews can't cook meat right.  No wonder he had to give you the safety scissors of food.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #943 on: October 14, 2014, 11:38:18 PM »
Why would God make an animal that tastes so good also be very unhealthy to eat? Checkmate, Jews.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: October 14, 2014, 11:53:22 PM »
Oh I forgot to answer:
If God gave me a bunch of rules, I would not have a lot of questions.  He's GOD for God's sake!  If he says to jump off a bridge, you jump off the bridge.  I would, however, expect God to at least update the rules once in a while.

Once the microwave came into being, you'd think Bacon would be totally ok. 
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #945 on: October 15, 2014, 12:29:24 AM »
What makes pork more unhealthy than any other meat product? Of course you're keeping in mind that they would have come across wild pigs, and not domestic ones, so the meat from them was probably leaner than any well fed domestic animals at the time.

Try to cook pork over an open fire, and try to make absolutely certain that it is cooked all the way through. Its damned hard to do. And if you don't, you get worms. Furthermore, they eat filth. If you want to eat that, feel free, but I damned sure don't.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #946 on: October 15, 2014, 12:31:01 AM »

My apologies for sounding unpleasant. As far as lobster goes, they are bottom feeders, as are most shellfish. I certainly don't want to eat them.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #947 on: October 15, 2014, 12:41:11 AM »
Best evidence for a lack of a God I've ever heard.
Or perhaps just further evidence that you were too unintelligent to comprehend my response. Again, I strongly advise Special Education. If you like, tell me what city you're in, and I'll track down the aid that they have for Special Needs adults in that city, County, and State. I won't even charge you for the privilege. On the house.
I understand you have personal experience with being specially educated but I can assure you I've passed all intelligence tests with high marks.  But I appreciate the concern for my well being.

Actually, no, I am just good at getting people help. My intelligence is fine, thank you.
You see, most of us appreciate being able to use our brains in concert with God to understand ourselves. We leave being told what to do in dictatorial fashion to the Southern Baptists.

Ummm.... the Torah seems to disagree with you on that. 

And we leave the idea of thinking we have complete control over everything to people like you

I control myself.  I do not control the Universe (though I do control some small parts of it such as my TV, my computer, and the glass I am currently drinking from).

, who have such limited intelligence that they honestly believe themselves when they say that the universe occurred by itself. Or even worse, that humans have complete control over their own lives.

Well considering I'm living comfortably and happy: I have a job I love that pays well enough, a wonderful wife, and a newborn son.  If God has any control over my life, you'd think I'd be suffering right?  I mean, I'm against his chosen people, or at least you.  If God has control, why would he give me what one could easily consider a perfect life? 

So, good on you. In all these posts, you have managed to prove nothing except your own limitations, which appear to me to be quite severe. That is unfortunate. For the briefest moment, I thought you were actually going to be a challenge.
NOT!Oh, well. A pity.
Said the guy who can't learn to use the quote feature.  Just saying..

And your life is relevant to me how? I tend to think my life is close to perfect also. A beautiful wife (just married), a nice dog, no kids (don't want any of the little buggers). So, the fact that your life is in your mind perfect, and mine is likewise, doesn't change things one bit, now does it?

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #948 on: October 15, 2014, 12:44:03 AM »

Wait... Jews can't even cook pork right and think its Extremely unhealthy?  Wow...

Wait, no.  I'm sorry: God thinks they can't cook it and that its bad for them.  That rule came from God did it not?
So God thinks the Jews can't cook meat right.  No wonder he had to give you the safety scissors of food.

And the fact that they eat filth. Along with shellfish, and catfish, and other things that Gentiles eat.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #949 on: October 15, 2014, 12:47:12 AM »
Why would God make an animal that tastes so good also be very unhealthy to eat? Checkmate, Jews.

Ah, your point? Antifreeze tastes good to a dog. Why not give him some for dinner tonight? I am sure some very poisonous berries probably taste delightful. You're free to eat them if you wish, of course. You're not a good chess player. I wouldn't try that move again.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: October 15, 2014, 12:48:08 AM »
Can you provide a source for pigs "eating filfth"?
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Ghost of V

« Reply #951 on: October 15, 2014, 12:49:52 AM »
What is the "pot party"?

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: October 15, 2014, 12:51:27 AM »

Try to cook pork over an open fire, and try to make absolutely certain that it is cooked all the way through. Its damned hard to do. And if you don't, you get worms. Furthermore, they eat filth. If you want to eat that, feel free, but I damned sure don't.
I went to a pig roast with a pig that was cooked under ground.
Perfectly.

So yeah, not very hard.
And you can't get worms if the pig doesn't have worms.  Worms don't magically appear in pig meat from the fire.

Pigs eat Filth?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig#Diet_and_foraging

In the wild, they are foraging animals, primarily eating leaves, grasses, roots, fruits and flowers. In confinement pigs are fed mostly corn and soybean meal with a mixture of vitamins and minerals added to the diet.

You like to call people stupid and "special education" but you don't even know what pigs eat.  What, did you think they ate poop or something?

You need an education in biology.   Specifically the food chain.
You probably think Grass is "gross".

Actually, no, I am just good at getting people help. My intelligence is fine, thank you.
So far you've confused and insulted people here more than educated.  If you're good at getting people help, maybe you should find some for yourself.  You clearly need it if you're going to interact with non-jews.  Or at least try to educate them.
And your life is relevant to me how? I tend to think my life is close to perfect also. A beautiful wife (just married), a nice dog, no kids (don't want any of the little buggers). So, the fact that your life is in your mind perfect, and mine is likewise, doesn't change things one bit, now does it?
Makes me wonder: If God is controlling both of our lives, even a little, why are we equal in our happiness?  It's almost like it doesn't matter if you follow the laws of God or not.  And doesn't it make you a bit jealous?  Here I am, not following the laws of God, disrespecting his chosen people, insulting him directly, and God gives me the same level of happiness as you.  You, who have suffered and sacrificed to follow his law.

And the fact that they eat filth. Along with shellfish, and catfish, and other things that Gentiles eat.
Define "Filth" because I don't think you know what that means.

Antifreeze is a man-made chemical.
Delicious tasting berries do so to spread their seeds.  The dead body of the organism who ate them provide nutrients for the seeds to grow.  Better question: Why would god make a berry that is poisonous?

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #953 on: October 15, 2014, 01:05:34 AM »
What is the "pot party"?

They favour the national legalisation of marijuana in the United States.

I went to a pig roast with a pig that was cooked under ground.
Perfectly.

So yeah, not very hard.
And you can't get worms if the pig doesn't have worms.  Worms don't magically appear in pig meat from the fire.

Pigs eat Filth?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig#Diet_and_foraging

In the wild, they are foraging animals, primarily eating leaves, grasses, roots, fruits and flowers. In confinement pigs are fed mostly corn and soybean meal with a mixture of vitamins and minerals added to the diet.

Pigs forage for anything they can get and will eat carrion when they can as well.

You like to call people stupid and "special education" but you don't even know what pigs eat.  What, did you think they ate poop or something?

You need an education in biology.   Specifically the food chain.
You probably think Grass is "gross".

So far you've confused and insulted people here more than educated.  If you're good at getting people help, maybe you should find some for yourself.  You clearly need it if you're going to interact with non-jews.  Or at least try to educate them.
Makes me wonder: If God is controlling both of our lives, even a little, why are we equal in our happiness?  It's almost like it doesn't matter if you follow the laws of God or not.  And doesn't it make you a bit jealous?  Here I am, not following the laws of God, disrespecting his chosen people, insulting him directly, and God gives me the same level of happiness as you.  You, who have suffered and sacrificed to follow his law.

You seem to forget that non-Jews are not obligated to follow God's laws. They are obligated only to the Laws of Noah. I would encourage you to look those up under the designation "Noahide Laws".

Define "Filth" because I don't think you know what that means.

Antifreeze is a man-made chemical.
Delicious tasting berries do so to spread their seeds.  The dead body of the organism who ate them provide nutrients for the seeds to grow.  Better question: Why would god make a berry that is poisonous?
[/size]

Its probably not poisonous to the animal that needs to eat it. And if it is, as you correctly point out, it serves its purpose, as all things do.

Oh I forgot to answer:
If God gave me a bunch of rules, I would not have a lot of questions.  He's GOD for God's sake!  If he says to jump off a bridge, you jump off the bridge.  I would, however, expect God to at least update the rules once in a while.

Once the microwave came into being, you'd think Bacon would be totally ok.

So you are the kind that likes being told what to do. Well, you ought to do just fine in North Korea. Actually, microwaves are even harder to determine whether bacon is thoroughly cooked, because the cooking time with them varies so much from device to device.

Rama Set

« Reply #954 on: October 15, 2014, 01:06:53 AM »
Yaakov, you  obviously don't cook much.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #955 on: October 15, 2014, 01:23:01 AM »
QUOTE: "Pigs are omnivores, which means that they consume both plants and animals." Source, Wikipedia, article, Pig.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: October 15, 2014, 01:23:42 AM »
QUOTE: "Pigs are omnivores, which means that they consume both plants and animals." Source, Wikipedia, article, Pig.

Therefore, filth? What?

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #957 on: October 15, 2014, 01:32:31 AM »
QUOTE: "What do feral hogs eat?

Feral hogs are omnivorous, meaning they eat both plant and animal matter. They are very opportunistic feeders and much of their diet is based on seasonal availability. Foods include grasses, forbs, roots and tubers, browse, mast (acorns), fruits, bulbs and mushrooms. Animal matter includes invertebrates (insects, snails, earthworms, etc.), reptiles, amphibians, and carrion (dead animals), as well as live mammals and birds if given the opportunity. Feral hogs are especially fond of acorns and domestic agricultural crops such as corn, milo, rice, wheat, soybeans, peanuts, potatoes, watermelons and cantaloupe. Feral hogs feed primarily at night and during twilight hours, but will also feed during daylight in cold or wet weather."

source: http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/wild/nuisance/feral_hogs/

Invertebrates and especially carrion constitute filth, yes.

Corrected.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 01:57:07 AM by Yaakov ben Avraham »

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: October 15, 2014, 01:47:32 AM »
You don't eat any invertebrates?

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: October 15, 2014, 01:48:23 AM »
Jews have a strange definition of Filth.  It doesn't seem to match any other definition.

I guess god didn't bother to give Moses a biology or cooking lesson.