Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Just Watched
« Reply #1160 on: April 12, 2015, 10:25:02 PM »
It's basically just a massive exposition dump with plot progression being dictated by contrivances.

You just described every movie ever created.

Quiet, you don't even watch movies.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: April 12, 2015, 10:30:08 PM »
It's basically just a massive exposition dump with plot progression being dictated by contrivances.

That doesn't change the fact the you just described all movies simultaneously as a justification for someone to hate it. It's like saying "they hate the movie because it is a movie." Are you saying that the only people who could have hated Interstellar just hate movies in general?

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: April 12, 2015, 10:38:16 PM »

That doesn't change the fact the you just described all movies simultaneously as a justification for someone to hate it. It's like saying "they hate the movie because it is a movie." Are you saying that the only people who could have hated Interstellar just hate movies in general?

Uh, no, I'm saying you're wrong in your insinuation that all movies are like that.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #1163 on: April 12, 2015, 10:38:47 PM »
Yes, such astute science, like the magical space stations being conjured out of nowhere at the end of the movie and how being sucked into a black hole means you get to go on a whimsical journey through dimensions to see your loved ones.

Like PP2000 said, love had nothing to do with it. It was a man-made construct. Also at the end, what do you mean the station came from nowhere? They showed that massive space station like thirty minutes into the movie, they couldn't get it into space without the equation that apparently allows you to ignore gravity.

ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: April 12, 2015, 10:49:51 PM »
Uh, no, I'm saying you're wrong in your insinuation that all movies are like that.

How so? What kind of movie has no exposition or contrivance? Are you suggesting there exists a movie that both naturally occurred and has no meaningful information portrayed in it? I'm starting to think you have no idea what you said.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: April 12, 2015, 10:55:51 PM »

How so? What kind of movie has no exposition or contrivance? Are you suggesting there exists a movie that both naturally occurred and has no meaningful information portrayed in it? I'm starting to think you have no idea what you said.

No, that's not what I said at all. Why are you trying to rush me when I'm only trying to help you?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: April 12, 2015, 11:11:28 PM »
No, that's not what I said at all. Why are you trying to rush me when I'm only trying to help you?

You made a pointless comment about how people would only hate Interstellar if they hate movies in general. That isn't helping. If anything your presence in this thread made it ostensibly worse.

« Reply #1167 on: April 12, 2015, 11:28:14 PM »
I finally got around to seeing Interstellar and I have to say it was very good. I'm not sure how anyone completely hated this movie; especially considering I know quite a few people who did.

Christopher Nolan.

Ghost of V

« Reply #1168 on: April 13, 2015, 06:50:43 AM »
Some of the fight scenes in Daredevil are really well done. I especially liked the fight scene at the end of episode 2.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #1169 on: April 13, 2015, 12:16:59 PM »
Some of the fight scenes in Daredevil are really well done. I especially liked the fight scene at the end of episode 2.

Most directors would probably have gone in really close with a shaky handheld and edited the hell out of all the fight scenes so they showed up onscreen as a confusing mess of flailing limbs.  I like how they were all coherent in this show.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 02:19:04 AM by Saddam Hussein »

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: April 13, 2015, 12:55:19 PM »
I wonder if that's Cox doing all the fighting himself, or if it's a double.
The Mastery.

Rama Set

« Reply #1171 on: April 13, 2015, 01:06:18 PM »

Most directors would probably have gone in really close with a shaky handheld and edited the hell out of all the fight scenes so they showed up on screen as a confusing mess of flailing limbs.  I like how they were all coherent here.

Not only was this fight well shot but the acting was awesome with daredevil being so exhausted he can barely keep his hands up. The image of him as an animal cornered in the neighborhood he is protecting is really effective I think. I also loved the storyline with his father in this episode. Nothing too innovative, but a really authentic telling of a classic tale.

Ghost of V

« Reply #1172 on: April 13, 2015, 03:39:25 PM »

I was wondering the same thing.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #1173 on: April 13, 2015, 03:54:20 PM »

His double was almost certainly the one doing all the fancy kicks and flips.  Honestly, I think they may have gone a little overboard with the stunts.  They always seemed to clash in a jarring way with Daredevil's more lo-fi style of martial arts.  And while I'm on the subject of criticizing the show, Cox's American accent wasn't all that great.  It wasn't awful, but you could always hear the British influence creeping around the edges of it, and he didn't sound even remotely like a New Yorker.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 04:35:05 PM by Saddam Hussein »

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: April 13, 2015, 04:11:03 PM »
For what it's worth, I thought he was American and I usually notice bad accents. He definitely didn't sound like a New Yorker, though.
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: April 13, 2015, 04:44:47 PM »
I don't even know what a New Yorker is supposed to sound like as opposed to any other north stater.
The Mastery.

Rama Set

« Reply #1176 on: April 13, 2015, 05:13:46 PM »
He sounds a little more New England, but meh, I could care less.

Ghost of V

« Reply #1177 on: April 13, 2015, 05:49:10 PM »
I don't even know what a New Yorker is supposed to sound like as opposed to any other north stater.

Like a f**king asshole.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 05:50:48 PM by Vauxhall »

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #1178 on: April 13, 2015, 05:58:34 PM »

Ghost of V

« Reply #1179 on: April 13, 2015, 06:03:07 PM »