Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #9260 on: October 14, 2021, 04:59:07 PM »
That's one way of interpreting it. Another would be that trump is urging republican politicians to make it their priority to destroy the integrity of our election system.

It's a threat he's followed through with in Georgia. His interference likely handed democrats control of the senate.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #9261 on: October 14, 2021, 05:07:31 PM »
That's one way of interpreting it. Another would be that trump is urging republican politicians to make it their priority to destroy the integrity of our election system.

And let's face it, between Republicans who are dumb enough to buy into the BS and Democrats fearing that Republicans are working to ensure they can steal elections more easily in the future, mission accomplished. Can our election system really be said to have integrity at this point? Does anybody trust that our future elections will be fair?

We might as well be living in North Korea, as much integrity as our democracy has right now.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline crutonius

• View Profile
« Reply #9262 on: October 14, 2021, 05:44:15 PM »
This might change in the future but as it is now I'm rather impressed by the integrity of our election system.  I don't think there's ever been an election more scrutinized than 2020 and they've found exactly nothing.  Likewise 2020 is the only election in this country that I'm aware of where one side made a full court press to steal it and didn't even manage to change enough votes to make a difference, nowhere near it. 

Think about how extraordinary that is.  The most powerful man in the world made it his sole focus for 6 months to steal an election and he didn't even make a dent in it.

Regarding faith in future elections, with the way republicans talk it doesn't seem like an issue with faith in our elections.  It seems more like a desire to abandon democracy for autocracy because the numbers aren't in their favor.

Rama Set

« Reply #9263 on: October 23, 2021, 11:13:16 AM »
Republican who was publicly outraged that some stole his dead wife’s vote is charged with being the thief:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/10/22/nevada-republican-who-claimed-someone-voted-his-dead-wife-is-charged-with-voter-fraud/?utm_source=reddit.com

Offline Tron

• View Profile
« Reply #9264 on: October 23, 2021, 01:24:42 PM »
"The case was one that local and national Republican leaders touted last year as concrete evidence of voter fraud. Even before Election Day, then-president Donald Trump had already been pushing baseless claims that the election was rigged against him, something he would continue to do for nearly a year more."

I stopped reading once the editor starting adding his own personal beliefs..
From the surface Earth looks flat.  From space Earth looks round.  Now what?

Rama Set

« Reply #9265 on: October 23, 2021, 01:41:32 PM »
"The case was one that local and national Republican leaders touted last year as concrete evidence of voter fraud. Even before Election Day, then-president Donald Trump had already been pushing baseless claims that the election was rigged against him, something he would continue to do for nearly a year more."

I stopped reading once the editor starting adding his own personal beliefs..

Do you always stop reading when you encounter something you disagree with?

Offline Tron

• View Profile
« Reply #9266 on: October 23, 2021, 01:44:15 PM »
I thought it was a news article not an editorial.
From the surface Earth looks flat.  From space Earth looks round.  Now what?

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #9267 on: October 23, 2021, 02:18:33 PM »
When the basis for Trump's claims are more concrete than "But I wanted to win the election!"  please let us know. Until then saying that the claims were baseless is a statement of fact, not editorializing.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #9268 on: October 23, 2021, 05:08:50 PM »
It's been pretty well established by now that the claims of a rigged election are in fact baseless. Indulging false equivalencies or entertaining obvious lies as possibly being true is not good journalism.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Rama Set

« Reply #9269 on: October 23, 2021, 06:13:07 PM »
Giving credence to Trump’s claims is about as dishonest an act as I could imagine in journalism.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #9270 on: November 02, 2021, 03:12:22 PM »

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9271 on: November 02, 2021, 03:21:46 PM »
https://www.newsweek.com/qanon-claim-jfk-jr-reappear-dallas-texas-announce-donald-trump-president-1644851

Hey look, Qanon is still at it and as batshit crazy as ever!  :D

These dumbasses would be absolutely hilarious except that they are allowed to vote and buy guns.

Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9272 on: November 02, 2021, 04:59:21 PM »
https://www.newsweek.com/qanon-claim-jfk-jr-reappear-dallas-texas-announce-donald-trump-president-1644851

At this point I can't help but wonder if these are just rich, thrill seeking trolls.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #9273 on: November 02, 2021, 05:14:36 PM »

At this point I can't help but wonder if these are just rich, thrill seeking trolls.

I recommend watching the documentary series on HBO Max, “Q: In to the Storm”. He makes a pretty good case for it being the admin of 8chan/8kun.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #9274 on: November 12, 2021, 11:02:35 PM »
https://www.axios.com/trump-hang-mike-pence-january-6-audio-4f147245-becf-4766-ac60-7acece6862be.html

Trump's words aren't being twisted or taken out of context. He explicitly defended people who were specifically yelling to hang his own VP for not falsely declaring Trump the real winner. And people still support this egomaniac.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9275 on: November 13, 2021, 10:00:57 AM »
https://www.axios.com/trump-hang-mike-pence-january-6-audio-4f147245-becf-4766-ac60-7acece6862be.html

Trump's words aren't being twisted or taken out of context. He explicitly defended people who were specifically yelling to hang his own VP for not falsely declaring Trump the real winner. And people still support this egomaniac.

He defenda them as being angry but goes shy of supporting hanging Pence.

Tho I'd love to see Pence vs Trump for the GOP nom.  The dirt Pence would sling is gonna be very real...
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #9276 on: December 10, 2021, 05:41:03 PM »
Only two things will ever make US presidential elections "fair"  (inerrant, accurate, true, valid etc).
One is to disband the Electoral College in totality;  secondly limit the archaic filibuster procedure.

And in any true democracy, one person = one vote.  This simply doesn't occur in the US because of the EC.

I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9278 on: December 23, 2021, 03:50:38 PM »

Offline crutonius

• View Profile
« Reply #9279 on: December 23, 2021, 07:37:49 PM »
https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/587073-trump-admits-he-suddenly-finds-it-very-tough-to

Then there's this. Exactly how unloved was trump as a child? Maybe if his dad gave him one hug in his entire life then us history would have unfolded differently.