Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
Re: Veganism is a handicap of the religions
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2016, 04:58:54 AM »
You are talking as you are a peacefully man but defending as a warrior. This is a contradiction.

How very Christian of him.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is round. Prove I'm wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2016, 07:40:13 PM »

I don't seek blood. I'm just saying that the Bible doesn't speak against all wars. I'm against wars of aggression and for defensive wars. In fact I would try to avoid war if at all possible.

You are talking as you are a peacefully man but defending as a warrior. This is a contradiction.

No it's not. Peace according to the Bible doesn't mean "never resist", it means "don't start fights." Don't be the aggressor.

What did i say? Bible  opposed to killing, opposed the war. These are the general rules.

Yes it is, however the Bible allows for hunting for food, self defense, capital punishment, and defensive wars. What I'm saying which may not be translated right in Turkish is there isn't a blanket condemning of ALL killings.
Course consists of mandatory state and Bible tells how that will happen. Where are you appealing wrong here. then you say you do not like blood.
There is no contradiction, in fact I think you and I agree. I'm just clarifying that (1) the Bible doesn't condemn all killings in context and (2) there is a time when its not only allowed, not only condoned, but sometimes even commanded.

God says you that "thou shall not kill" and later tells you what you should do if you have to kill.

Correct.

God says you that "nation do not war to nation" and later tells you what you should do if situations that require a fight occurred.

I would like to see where.
Where is contradiction here or with Bible?

Neither I don't think.
Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth"

Scripture, science, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion. Can dumb luck create a smart brain?

Please PM me to explain sunsets.

İntikam

« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2016, 12:42:20 PM »

Surely he is.  :)

God says you that "nation do not war to nation" and later tells you what you should do if situations that require a fight occurred.

"He shall judge between the nations, and shall decide disputes for many peoples; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)

To understand what i mean while saying "God tells you what you should do if situations that require a fight occurred." meanwhile a bit brain requered.

I hope you be happy. So why don't you smile?

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2016, 08:48:51 PM »

Surely he is.  :)

Thanks, I think.

"He shall judge between the nations, and shall decide disputes for many peoples; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)

Like I said, this is in future reference when God reigns, not a command to not war now. I'm not saying peace is bad, in fact I desire when we can beat our swords into plowshares, but as long as evil exist on the earth I'll keep my sword sharp and train to defend myself, my family, my friends, my neighbors, complete innocent strangers, and my country.
To understand what i mean while saying "God tells you what you should do if situations that require a fight occurred." meanwhile a bit brain required.

I'm not sure what your last sentence meant but I agree about that the Bible gives guidelines for warfare.
I hope you be happy. So why don't you smile?

I pretty much smile all the time. I'm a happy-go-lucky guy. I've noticed though that we've gone off topic. This was about eating meat, not war.

İntikam

« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2016, 10:02:01 AM »

I pretty much smile all the time. I'm a happy-go-lucky guy. I've noticed though that we've gone off topic. This was about eating meat, not war.

Okey. You can eat something that listed on your book which you believing, but "Thou shall not kill."
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 10:04:55 AM by İntikam »

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2016, 08:01:28 PM »

Okey. You can eat something that listed on your book which you believing, but "Thou shall not kill."

In context that's saying "thou shalt not murder". If we are to take that literally then we can't kill bugs, plants and bacteria. Plus lets not forget that the punishment for murdering someone according to the Bible is to kill the murderer.

« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2016, 11:39:15 PM »
Okay I apologize in advance as I only read the first page of this thread. I realize some people might come here trying to get information.

The information is already on the internet. Eat meat/cheese if you want to. Drink milk if you want to. This stuff is harmful though.
IT'S A CHOICE.

But in no world is it okay to treat animals the way we are in the U.S..

In no way is taking milk from a cow the same as picking an apple from a tree. Not in this world, buddy. Not in the U.S.

Please go educate yourself. Animals are being tortured and enslaved.

-find your own truth if you care-

Also it is incredibly cheap to eat as a vegan. You have to prepare, and be more creative (AKA) (look stuff up on youtube)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 11:41:01 PM by StarlightDrifter »