Sydney Hostage event
« on: December 16, 2014, 06:34:54 AM »
Does anyone want to talk about this? Seems like it got international attention.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
Re: Sydney Hostage event
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 06:48:09 AM »
Much respect to the hostages who lost their lives for trying to escape or thwart their captors.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Ghost of V

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 07:07:50 AM »
It makes sense.

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 07:18:33 AM »
Much respect to the hostages who lost their lives for trying to escape or thwart their captors.

All 1 of them :)

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 01:03:56 PM »
I thought two hostages were fatalities?

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 06:26:29 PM »
I believe she had a heart attack after all the drama. The final breach would have been pretty disorienting. Police threw 3 or 4 flashbangs and fired a couple of shots in a small proximity:

#t=48

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 06:33:05 PM »
They probably only threw one flashbang. Modern day flashbang grenades detonate multiple times and release tear gas.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 06:39:14 PM »
It's all a false flag.  None of this really happened.

Wake up sheeple!!!!!

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 06:42:24 PM »
Saddam, we finally have the ability to have threads and not have Katsung/Levee/etc. post about how literally all major events are manufactured. Why do you insist on posting these satirical "false flag lolololol" when it isn't funny and anyone new to the forum is just going to think you're the nutjob.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2014, 06:52:23 PM »
Did levee say those things?  I thought he just argued that historical events were made up, not current ones.

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2014, 07:30:33 PM »
They probably only threw one flashbang. Modern day flashbang grenades detonate multiple times and release tear gas.

Na it was 3 or 4. Their flash rounds are pretty distinct. A faulty one even goes off a minute late. They breach around 40 seconds in, I think.

Offline Hoppy

• Posts 6892
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2014, 09:58:09 PM »
I am glad that ITT Saddam is finally coming to his senses.
God is real.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2014, 06:02:55 PM »
Apparently the guy was arrested for multiple sexual assaults in the past and once mailed offensive letters to the families of dead Australian soldiers. How the hell did he get a gun in Australia?
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2014, 07:31:20 PM »
Apparently the guy was arrested for multiple sexual assaults in the past and once mailed offensive letters to the families of dead Australian soldiers. How the hell did he get a gun in Australia?

I don't know if he obtained it legally. But yeah, he was on bail for a number of charges including murder. It's still very possible to get guns in Australia, just not as easy as the US.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2014, 08:42:57 PM »
Outlaw guns and only outlaws will own guns!

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2014, 08:47:43 PM »
Not really. Our worst massacre, and many leading up to it, were all committed with legally obtained weaponry. We used to have killings every now and then, with a few deaths in each one. Now we have none.

Of course, illegal gun crime has gone on largely unaffected. But at least we don't get public places being shot up every 2 years anymore. But extrapolating any of this to the US is a very stupid thing to do. Even when it was easy to get guns, not many people owned them, certainly no where near the ownership levels of the US. So a gun ban and buy back scheme was pretty effective given the small amount of guns spread among the populace. That's not the case in America at all.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 08:49:18 PM by Vindictus »