Offline Venus

• View Profile
Questions for FE'ers ...

"What, if anything, would ever change your mind"?

"If you believe you will never change your mind, why not ??"
Because I live on the 'bottom' of a spinning spherical earth ...
*I cannot see Polaris, but I can see the Southern Cross
*When I look at the stars they appear to rotate clockwise, not anti-clockwise
*I see the moon 'upside down'
I've travelled to the Northern Hemisphere numerous times ... and seen how different the stars and the moon are 'up' there!
Come on down and check it out FE believers... !!

Offline Chris C

• View Profile
For what I understand nothing can change their mind. In order to believe the earth is flat, you have to become uneducated, and start your education over from a new path/perspective. Meaning Physics, and science, does not matter, because those things are what we have been programmed to understand( accordingly). We must only accept what we see with our eyes, because with out science, we are incapable or fully understanding how things work. So basically we have to be reborn again, forcing ourselves to remain willfully ignorant, never to explorer the world or discover how things work. Never to question the flat earth truths, which are only visible observations.

I can't help to feel mind controlled when I think about flat earth. With science I get to look at things from many angles, weigh my evidence then come to a conclusion. But as soon as you question a flat earther. You're an idiot or a shill.

Offline Venus

• View Profile
For what I understand nothing can change their mind. In order to believe the earth is flat, you have to become uneducated, and start your education over from a new path/perspective. Meaning Physics, and science, does not matter, because those things are what we have been programmed to understand( accordingly). We must only accept what we see with our eyes, because with out science, we are incapable or fully understanding how things work. So basically we have to be reborn again, forcing ourselves to remain willfully ignorant, never to explorer the world or discover how things work. Never to question the flat earth truths, which are only visible observations.

I can't help to feel mind controlled when I think about flat earth. With science I get to look at things from many angles, weigh my evidence then come to a conclusion. But as soon as you question a flat earther. You're an idiot or a shill.

I think looking at the lack of FE'ers answers to my question that indeed nothing would change their mind, but of course they are unwilling to admit that !!

The question came from the Bill Nye/Ken Ham evolution/creation debate right at the end
Ken Ham's answer was essentially "Nothing will ever change my mind ... the Bible is the inerrant word of God"
Bill Nye's answer "We would only need one piece of evidence, we would have to find the fossil which swam from one layer to another, evidence that rock layers can form in 4000 years, evidence that the universe is not expanding, etc etc etc"
It was absolutely brilliant !!
Because I live on the 'bottom' of a spinning spherical earth ...
*I cannot see Polaris, but I can see the Southern Cross
*When I look at the stars they appear to rotate clockwise, not anti-clockwise
*I see the moon 'upside down'
I've travelled to the Northern Hemisphere numerous times ... and seen how different the stars and the moon are 'up' there!
Come on down and check it out FE believers... !!