T minus 5 minutes to launch
« on: May 30, 2020, 07:18:21 PM »
Space x launch in 5 minutes. Flat earthers tune in!

Re: T minus 5 minutes to launch
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 07:40:05 PM »
Qualifies as an investigation, but moved to the lower fora. Figures.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 07:42:28 PM »
What is the investigation?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2020, 07:46:10 PM »
Qualifies as an investigation
Welcome to Flat Earth Investigations!

The purpose of this board is to investigate authoritative claims on virtually any topic.

Whose authoritative claims are you questioning by saying "A thing is happening soon!"?
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline GoldCashew

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2020, 07:56:12 PM »
Congratulations to the SpaceX and NASA teams for the successful launch into space! Very proud of USA.

Beautiful on-board capsule camera view from launch to space showing the beautiful curvature of globe Earth.

I'm always nervous when I watch these launches, but so far so good on this one.

I believe the docking to the ISS occurs about 19 hours or so from launch.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 07:58:20 PM by GoldCashew »

Offline Stagiri

• You can call me Peter
    • View Profile
    • Stagiri Blog
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2020, 08:26:53 PM »
Congratulations to the SpaceX and NASA teams for the successful launch into space!(...)

I'm always nervous when I watch these launches, but so far so good on this one.

I believe the docking to the ISS occurs about 19 hours or so from launch.

Same and true.

(...)
Beautiful on-board capsule camera view from launch to space showing the beautiful curvature of globe Earth.
(...)

Sorry, I have to disagree. The camera lenses distorted the view heavily. From one view, the curvature was greater than even the GET predicts, from the other, the Earth even appeared to have slight negative curvature.
Dr Rowbotham was accurate in his experiments.
How do you know without repeating them?
Because they don't need to be repeated, they were correct.

Rama Set

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2020, 11:58:55 PM »
Very proud of USA.

Ugh, what a terrible sentiment. It’s awesome that NASA has more autonomy over their missions but why prop up a geo-political power over the work of Space X? This success belongs to the few thousand people working there and the several thousand that came before and made it possible.

Offline GoldCashew

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2020, 01:27:18 AM »
Very proud of USA.

Ugh, what a terrible sentiment. It’s awesome that NASA has more autonomy over their missions but why prop up a geo-political power over the work of Space X? This success belongs to the few thousand people working there and the several thousand that came before and made it possible.

Probably no different than being proud of USA, just like USA Olympic basketball dream team winning gold, USA hockey team winning gold at Lake Placid, or USA swim team winning gold.

These accomplishments also belong to the few whom trained hard, but nonetheless it's pride of the country, similar to the way any country would celebrate a significant accomplishment or achievement.

Go SpaceX / NASA, and go USA!

Tomorrow will be fun to watch the Dragon Capsule docking maneuvers to the ISS; hoping all goes well and safe.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 01:33:49 AM by GoldCashew »

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2020, 08:40:37 AM »
Very proud of USA.

... for FINALLY ceasing their reliance on 1960s Soyuz rockets as a taxi service?

Is it really a matter of pride in your country that while the govt agency was happily shipping their astronauts off to Kazakhstan, a private company was proving the concept, providing transport/cargo services to that govt agency, and now is collaborating on launching the human cargo ... ?
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline GoldCashew

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2020, 10:11:43 AM »
The specific time for the docking maneuvers of Dragon capsule to the ISS occur today at 10:29 AM eastern time.

Will be fun and exciting to watch.

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2020, 03:38:25 PM »
Sorry, I have to disagree. The camera lenses distorted the view heavily. From one view, the curvature was greater than even the GET predicts, from the other, the Earth even appeared to have slight negative curvature.

The SpaceX live stream is currently showing a view of dragon docked with the ISS. You can clearly see the curvature of the earth, as well as the ISS's flat solar panels which rules out a fish eye camera. Either SpaceX is broadcasting a doctored video stream or the earth is round.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 04:46:14 PM by Airplane »

Offline GoldCashew

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2020, 04:06:42 PM »
There is also an 18 - 20 minute continuous feed shot of ISS Commander Chris Cassidy doing the docking procedures. The shot shows his weightlessness throughout the entire 18-20 minutes as he does various body spinning, body superman, body tumbling procedures as he maneuver's to do various tasks. Either he is in space and we are seeing weightlessness or he is riding one heck of a vomit comet for a constant 20 minute period which wouldn't be able to produce weightlessness for such long periods.

Also watching continuous long feeds of astronauts Bob and Doug doing procedures, with weightlessness.

They are about to open the hatch.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 04:08:29 PM by GoldCashew »

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2020, 05:37:58 PM »
In descending order of importance I'm a Yorkshireman, Earthling, British and European; you don't need to be American to appreciate that the result of the efforts by USA, NASA and Space-X, culminating in the events of the last 24 hours, is awesome. 

That said, like any meaningful endeavour, I'm sure that they would be the first to say it would not have been possible without the pioneering work and professional-bond of all space-fareing nations and organisations and, sometimes, the sacrifices of their crews. 

Offline Stagiri

• You can call me Peter
    • View Profile
    • Stagiri Blog
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2020, 06:47:32 PM »

The SpaceX live stream is currently showing a view of dragon docked with the ISS. You can clearly see the curvature of the earth, as well as the ISS's flat solar panels which rules out a fish eye camera. Either SpaceX is broadcasting a doctored video stream or the earth is round.

Well, at least one camera view was distorted:

(The shots are the same view like a minute apart.)
Dr Rowbotham was accurate in his experiments.
How do you know without repeating them?
Because they don't need to be repeated, they were correct.

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2020, 07:16:46 PM »
Because the camera is quite close to the nozzle its using a lens with a short focal length ("fisheye") to get a wide image.  This distorts the image, which is why some RE correspondants are saying don't read too much into the apparent curvature. 

In the first image the edge of the earth is close to the centre of the field-of-view, so there is less distortion.  In the second, as the spacecraft has moved, the edge of the earth has moved away from the centre of the field, so the distortion will be more pronounced. 

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2020, 05:04:25 PM »

Well, at least one camera view was distorted:

(The shots are the same view like a minute apart.)

It looks so fake it must be real. Then pops the demons to explain away NASA/Space X being caught above flat earth taking pics.

They must be worried that in fact their days are numbered now on earth....Feeling HOT HOT HOT !!!
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2020, 07:13:38 PM »
Very proud of USA.

Agree, Space X proves that we don't need the military-industrial complex to go to space.  We can do it on time and under budget and without blank check contracts.

Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?