Re: Getting a new smartphone
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2014, 01:36:21 AM »
There's a tab on the right side that gives you several options. They are pretty self explanatory.  Unread and Timeline are very useful for finding recent posts. Just tap into the thread, scroll to the bottom, and click on the text field. Alternatively you can tap someone's post and then go to quote icon at the top to automatically quote that post and respond.

I see! So that's how the little bugger works! I'll have to mess around with it a bit tomorrow and get to comprehend it a bit! Thanks for all your help, Vaux! I take back some of the things I said about you! *GRIN*

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2014, 02:34:17 AM »
VAUX, that was only meant to be a joke. Don't get offended, man!

Ghost of V

« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2014, 03:10:38 AM »
I'm pissed.

« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2014, 03:17:17 AM »
Dude, seriously. Relax, I was kidding.

Thork

« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2014, 10:56:17 PM »

Ghost of V

« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2014, 12:26:49 AM »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/11197797/Tim-Cook-comes-out-as-proud-to-be-gay.html

And now we know why all those new iPhones are bent. #bendergate

Why do you think Apple consumers are called 'applefags'? I think the answer is fairly obvious.

Offline Gayer

• I am a cunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2014, 08:49:43 PM »
I have a new smartphone. My first ever smartphone. I still use my old phone more. I don't like change.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2014, 01:50:57 AM »
I'm going to get a new phone soon. I've pretty much already decided on the new Motorola Droid Turbo since it seems to have the best features and I've had a Droid phone since 2011 leaving me more familiar with its interface. If anyone has any other suggestions I'd look at them. Remember that I live in 'murica and I don't won't any cheesy chinese knockoff (also, verizon only allows phones with a huge ass VERIZON logo on them).

I thought about getting a Note 4 because the Gear VR is coming out in December, but from what I could tell, they're not going to allow it to output video from the computer.

Ghost of V

« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2014, 02:03:32 AM »
I'm going to get a new phone soon. I've pretty much already decided on the new Motorola Droid Turbo since it seems to have the best features and I've had a Droid phone since 2011 leaving me more familiar with its interface. If anyone has any other suggestions I'd look at them. Remember that I live in 'murica and I don't won't any cheesy chinese knockoff (also, verizon only allows phones with a huge ass VERIZON logo on them).

I thought about getting a Note 4 because the Gear VR is coming out in December, but from what I could tell, they're not going to allow it to output video from the computer.

Motorola X is a really great smartphone. It's what I use. I believe a new model just came out. But the turbo just seems like a supercharged Moto X, so might as well stick with the Turbo.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2014, 06:18:11 PM »
So, apparently I wasted my time at a Verizon store yesterday...

•From launch until the end of this year, upgrade and activation fees are being waived for customers who purchase the DROID Turbo. Waived activation and upgrade fees will be credited to the customer’s bill, and may take up to two billing cycles to process.

They tried to bait and switch me to using Verizon Edge, which is Verizon's fancy name for paying the full price of the phone over 24 months. Am I missing something in the wording of this article? It doesn't say "new customers" anywhere in it, it simply mentions customers wishing to purchase the Droid Turbo.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2014, 06:27:25 PM »
So, apparently I wasted my time at a Verizon store yesterday...

•From launch until the end of this year, upgrade and activation fees are being waived for customers who purchase the DROID Turbo. Waived activation and upgrade fees will be credited to the customer’s bill, and may take up to two billing cycles to process.

They tried to bait and switch me to using Verizon Edge, which is Verizon's fancy name for paying the full price of the phone over 24 months. Am I missing something in the wording of this article? It doesn't say "new customers" anywhere in it, it simply mentions customers wishing to purchase the Droid Turbo.

Not sure what you mean.  The activation fees are being waived but you still gotta pay for the phone.  Either it's with a 2 year contract or you pay full price over a period of time.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2014, 06:30:06 PM »
Not sure what you mean.  The activation fees are being waived but you still gotta pay for the phone.  Either it's with a 2 year contract or you pay full price over a period of time.

No, I mean they're waiving the upgrade fee, which should mean I can upgrade before my free upgrade comes up and I don't pay extra. I would renew with a contract at $200 for the phone + contract, but they claimed I can't upgrade in that manner unless I wait for the free upgrade or pay the extra fee, but the article states they're waiving the fee. The edge program was completely irrelevant. I'm not even sure why the sales agent even brought it up.

The phone should have been an easy $200 upgrade, but the agent wanted me to use the Edge program, essentially paying the full price for it.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 06:40:09 PM by Irushwithscvs »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2014, 06:36:00 PM »

No, I mean they're waiving the upgrade fee, which should mean I can upgrade before my free upgrade comes up and I don't pay extra. I would renew with a contract at $200 for the phone + contract, but they claimed I can't upgrade in that manner unless I wait for the free upgrade or pay the extra fee, but the article states they're waiving the fee. The edge program was completely irrelevant. I'm not even sure why the sales agent even brought it up.

The phone should have been an easy $200 upgrade, but the agent wanted me to use the Edge program, essentially paying the full price for it.
Based on the article I'd wager this was a Motorola promotion and not a Verizon.  Once the phone get's processed Motorola pays the fee, hence why it takes up to 2 billing cycles to get a credit.

Also, of course they want you on the edge.  It's better to not have to subsidize the phone than get a customer for 2 years.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2014, 06:39:59 PM »
Alright, so after some investigation it looks like the article is referring to a new upgrade fee that didn't exist when I signed my first contract. It isn't referring to the old upgrade fee for upgrading mid-contract. Apparently they charge $30 now just for upgrading to a new phone and renewing your contract.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 06:41:46 PM by Irushwithscvs »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2014, 06:44:49 PM »
Alright, so after some investigation it looks like the article is referring to a new upgrade fee that didn't exist when I signed my first contract. It isn't referring to the old upgrade fee for upgrading mid-contract. Apparently they charge $30 now just for upgrading to a new phone and renewing your contract.
Verizon: the shittiest phone company around.

Granted, AT&T isn't much better.

« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2014, 06:50:10 PM »
They charge you money to sign a new contract? That seems like something that shouldn't exist, and would cause people to switch to a different carrier when their existing contract is up.
Quote from: Saddam Hussein
I don't know what you're implying, but you're probably wrong.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2014, 06:55:46 PM »
They charge you money to sign a new contract? That seems like something that shouldn't exist, and would cause people to switch to a different carrier when their existing contract is up.

It's how they can offer unlimited talk and text.  They just swap the cost to something more stable.

Ghost of V

« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2014, 06:56:09 PM »

I didn't know PP2 worked for Verizon.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2014, 06:58:31 PM »

I didn't know PP2 worked for Verizon.

ow the irony

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2014, 08:01:31 PM »
How is that ironic?
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.