Re: A few genuine questions from a "round earther "
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2016, 02:41:43 PM »
Ok. For the arguments sake let's say space travel is not possible. (purely for argument sake. I still believe space travel is not an illusion)

Why would part of the illusion be in convincing the public that the earth is spherical? If what is being claimed by FE's as proof to support a FET is so obvious. Why has so much time and money been spent on supporting a consipiracy of the world being spherical?

I can see a reason why creating an illusion of space travel could be advantageous. I cannot see a reason for concealing the truth regarding the planet is spherical.

P.s. In regards to your comment about Antarctica being ice on top of Rock. You are right, I don't know why I though it would ice all the way down. My mistake. (Although I still disagree that Antarctica is an ice wall around a flat earths perimeter for the record)

Offline CableDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2016, 03:24:39 AM »
Sexwarrior; you refer to "the ice wall" am i right in assuming that the general belief is that there is a large ice wall that prevents anyone actually getting to the edge? And for it to be generally un heard of to speculate what is beyond it seems a little ignorant in regards of the natural human instinct of knowledge.

And I actually feel that question number 4 was very important. There are many conspiracy theory behind many different aspects of the world. And behind every conspiracy theory there is always an advantage into successfully hiding the truth.
For example; aliens. The world leaders would have a lot to gain by successfully hiding the fact they do exists.

9/11, the world leaders need the public to believe this act was committed by extreme Islamic terrorists to keep support against the war on terror.

In contrast. There is no benefit (as far as I can see) of covering up the space travel fantasy. The knowledge we can gain from space travel and possibilities of being able to maintain life in space or even find another planet for humans to survive on is hugely advantageous.

My point being that it is would take a lot of resources and time to successfully mask the "illusion" of space travel without any real benefit. Whereas there is a lot to gain from genuine space travel.

It's not that we don't speculate what is beyond the ice wall, but that, as the sun only reaches so far, it is more-or-less impossible for humans to travel that far. So, while it is interesting to consider what may lie out there, it's just not something many of us consider all that important.

There are a few key reasons for faking space travel: money, greed, and power. For example, Lyndon B. Johnson, a former president of the United States, said this on outer space in his memoirs:

"Control of space means control of the world, far more certainly, far more totally than any control that has ever or could ever be achieved by weapons, or by troops of occupation."

Really?  So once the sun goes down,  or whatever it does in FE theory, and it becomes dark everything comes to a grinding halt?  There is absolutely no way to light up this darkness?

What kind of control has actually been gained by space exploration?  The United States has, by far, spent more time in space than any other nation yet the United States doesn't come anywhere near controlling the world.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 04:10:07 AM by CableDawg »

Offline CableDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2016, 03:48:36 AM »
Ok. For the arguments sake let's say space travel is not possible. (purely for argument sake. I still believe space travel is not an illusion)

Why would part of the illusion be in convincing the public that the earth is spherical? If what is being claimed by FE's as proof to support a FET is so obvious. Why has so much time and money been spent on supporting a consipiracy of the world being spherical?

I can see a reason why creating an illusion of space travel could be advantageous. I cannot see a reason for concealing the truth regarding the planet is spherical.

P.s. In regards to your comment about Antarctica being ice on top of Rock. You are right, I don't know why I though it would ice all the way down. My mistake. (Although I still disagree that Antarctica is an ice wall around a flat earths perimeter for the record)

The only viable option, in my opinion, as to why the FES disbelieves anything to do with space travel centers around their belief in how gravity works.

They believe that the FE is flying through space at a constant rate which keeps everything pinned to the ground (their theory of gravity).

If you take this view a space ship could never be launched for one of two reasons.

1.  The space ship would have to be launched at a speed which would have to be orders of magnitude more than the FE travels through space.  Otherwise it would never leave the ground or would shortly be overcome by the FE.

2.  If a space ship were launched tangentially to the FE the FE, in its constant forward motion, would leave the ship behind in very short order and the ship would never be able to make it back to the FE.

A third, less viable, option is that they didn't see it with their own eyes so it's all fake.  Such is the zetetic worldview.

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2016, 03:20:11 AM »
Hi guys.

The diversity of humans never ceases to amaze me. I have just stumbled across FET in the past hour and I'm very interested. I have taken the time to read your FAQ's and it is all very interesting. I have some questions that I'm confident are not covered in the FAQ's.

1) If the world is flat and Antarctica acts as "a wall around the edge" (referring to the diagram  in FAQ's). How does the very outer edge of Antarctica not erode away and inevitably dissappear completely? I would be so bold as to say that everything on this planet errodes/decays over time. If Antarctica is acting as a wall and therefore keeping the ocean "on" the earth what happens when Antarctica is not large/strong enough to with stand the enormous pressure of the entire world's ocean pushing against it?
2) how deep/thick is the flat earth? And what is the underside like? Is that immune to erosion?

3) why has no one ever seen the edge or fallen off? Human's have explored the vast majority of the planet..

4) is space travel a conspiracy? Are all the astronauts in on it? When a space shuttle takes off to go to the moon or to the ISS does it just go and land somewhere an hour later and then all the fake footage starts being fed to the public?

5) (this is in relation to previous question) what would the conspiritors have to gain from tricking the entire planet into believing we are on a spherical planet?

I am asking these questions with genuine intrigue and I am asking them with respect towards all beliefs held by anyone reading them.

In return I ask you to reply to them with respect and avoid any "you've been brainwashed by nasa" -esk replies

Nobody actually first question. They all skirted around it to make a different question entirely. I'm interested in the answer to his real question.