Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: Adding an email account to messaging apps
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2014, 02:56:01 AM »
That info graphic doesn't display hangouts numbers. You have just implied that all of these apps have better numbers than hangouts
The enquiry in question investigated 10 most commonly-used mobile chat applications. You are correct that Google Hangouts is not displayed. Since the research was performed after Google Hangouts hit its peak, the conclusion should be obvious.

Oh, and g+ users are hangouts users.
No. People who use Google Hangouts are Google Hangouts users. Of course, in this particular case we're talking about users of the Google Hangouts app, so your point is irrelevant anyway.

Xmpp.... Yes, not a complete implementation. There is nothing standardizing about what Facebook does for xmpp.
Incorrect.

If anything its making it proprietary
Incorrect.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2014, 03:00:05 AM »
So if we are just talking about the hangouts app then that means nothing really

I don't see how that helps xmpp be a standard. For your purposes. A few messenger of sorts. Do you want to add random FE people to your personal friends list. Is this something anyone wants to do. Like I said earlier when I brought up fb. People treat it like a silo. They are choosy about their friend lists.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2014, 03:02:59 AM »
So if we are just talking about the hangouts app then that means nothing really
I agree, but that was your original claim. Perhaps now you understand why we thought it was dumb.

I don't see how that helps xmpp be a standard.
Well, I'm tired of explaining words to you.

Do you want to add random FE people to your personal friends list.
Yup, done it many times, loads of people here have me on FB.

Is this something anyone wants to do.
Yes.

Like I said earlier when I brought up fb. People treat it like a silo. They are choosy about their friend lists.
And like I said before, and as is usually the case with your random allegations about what people do on Facebook, you do not actually know how people use Facebook. Don't speak for everyone just because you're one of those old guys who are afraid to add more than 200 people to your list.

« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2014, 03:07:33 AM »
The whole point of markjo making this thread was satisfy some members fears of revealing a phone number. That's exactly the type of thing that would make me think they wouldn't want to do this with Facebook.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2014, 03:17:58 AM »
That's exactly the type of thing that would make me think they wouldn't want to do this with Facebook.
And why would they want to use G+? It's literally the same thing, only less popular.

« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2014, 03:24:59 AM »
That's exactly the type of thing that would make me think they wouldn't want to do this with Facebook.
And why would they want to use G+? It's literally the same thing, only less popular.
G+ isn't for close friends. Well, it turned out to not be for that. It turned out to be for connecting to people with like minded interests.