Offline Tintagel

• Full of Tinier Tintagels
    • View Profile
Electromagnetic Accelerator
« on: December 26, 2013, 04:58:35 PM »
Was doing some research this morning in relation to light in FET when I remembered this formula existing in our wiki on this page: http://wiki.tfes.org/Electromagnetic_Accelerator

I searched the old forums for where this simple formula came from, but all I could find was a thread where Euclid derived the following equation for how light from polaris bends moving rimwards from the north pole: 

Success!  I have derived an equation for the path of light from the north star in the north south direction that exhibits the above assumptions.

y(x) = h - x Cot[r/h] - (x^2 (3 h - 2 r Cot[r/h] - r Tan[Pi/2 (1 - r/R)]))/r^2 - (x^3 (-2 h + r Cot[r/h] + r Tan[Pi/2 (1 - r/R)]))/r^3

y is the height of the light beam as a function of x, the distance from the north pole.  h is the height of the Sun.  r is distance of a ground observer of the light beam from the north pole.  R is the distance from the equator to the north pole.

This is a cubic equation.  Further degrees of polynomials could be used up to an infinite Taylor series, but they would require more unknown parameters.  Perhaps a theory for cause of bendy light could provide values for these unknown parameters.  Quadratic and lower polynomials are unable to satisfy the assumptions.

The thread goes on for a while, but ends with Parsifal:

I have recently come to the realisation that for any function y = f(x) that models the curvature of light, its derivative function f'(x) must be an injective function. Otherwise, the action of Dark Energy on rays of light at a particular gradient will be ambiguous. Euclid's equation does not fit with this requirement, as its derivative function is a quadratic whose value therefore approaches positive infinity as x approaches either positive or negative infinity.

I enjoy maths, so I'd like to continue the discussion here.  Parsifal, was any more work done beyond this, and how does that thread relate to the EA equation that is found in the Wiki?

Offline BillyBob

• View Profile
Re: Electromagnetic Accelerator
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 02:04:17 PM »
It's called gravity, moron. 

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 03:49:01 PM »
I can't find the derivation of this equation.

Offline Tintagel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 04:01:56 PM »
It's called gravity, moron.
Thank you for your enlightening contribution to this calculation. 

Not that you have any idea what you're talking about, but for the sake of debate... The EA has nothing to do with the force of gravity (or UA, if you prefer) as it pertains to physical matter.  The EA is responsible for the bending of light upward inside the atmoplane.   All of these things are connected, it's true, but this is to determine the effects of EA (part of UA, which causes gravity) on light, and has nothing to do with the graviation effect of UA.  The idea is to develop a mathematically sound theory which accounts for a large number of observations others try to interpret as indicating a spherical earth.  Intuitively, I know it will work.  I'm just trying to work out the math of how to get there.

Offline BillyBob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 06:20:04 PM »
We went to the moon, for fuck's sake.  You people just deny everything.  How in the hell could NASA fake going to the moon?

Offline Tintagel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 06:54:44 PM »
We went to the moon, for fuck's sake.  You people just deny everything.  How in the hell could NASA fake going to the moon?

If you aren't going to stay on topic, there's little point in debate.  I assume you strawman'd over to the topic of the NASA / the Conspiracy, because you don't have a good rebuttal for EM, or any idea what I'm talking about. 

There are several threads on NASA and the conspiracy, which I am admittedly not an expert nor an aficionado.  I'm a Flat Earth Theorist, not a conspiracy theorist.  However, I'm sure Tom Bishop would love to educate you, as he knows volumes more about that subject than I.

Offline BillyBob

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 07:06:17 PM »
Electromagnetism does exist.  However, please tell me how electrical current flowing through a coil has to do with the earth supposedly accelerating indefinitely through space?

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 07:10:39 PM »
Electromagnetic Acceleration Theory (sometimes referred to as bendy light or EAT) has nothing to do with the acceleration of the flat earth.  That would be Universal Acceleration Theory.  EAT concerns the bending of light to explain RE phenomena such as the sinking ship effect.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline BillyBob

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 07:13:11 PM »
markjo, electromagnetism does not affect light, in case you did not know. 

Thork

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2014, 07:15:19 PM »
The other theory (the one I subscribe to) is that celestial light bends due to refraction as it passes through the firmament.

Maybe our new guest will find that more palatable in his acceptance that the earth is flat?

Offline Tintagel

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2014, 07:15:31 PM »
Electromagnetism does exist.  However, please tell me how electrical current flowing through a coil has to do with the earth supposedly accelerating indefinitely through space?

If you think that electromagnetism only applies to the device we call an electromagnet, then you certainly have no place debating anything related to physics.

Offline BillyBob

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2014, 07:18:00 PM »
The other theory (the one I subscribe to) is that celestial light bends due to refraction as it passes through the firmament.

Maybe our new guest will find that more palatable in his acceptance that the earth is flat?

You seem to have a wild imagination, but I will bite.  Refraction happens when light passes through a medium with different densities.  Please explain yourself. 

Offline BillyBob

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2014, 07:20:04 PM »

If you think that electromagnetism only applies to the device we call an electromagnet, then you certainly have no place debating anything related to physics.

Electromagnetism occurs when electrons flow through a conductor.  In other words, you need a conductor and an electrical charge in order for electromagnetism to occur. 

Thork

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2014, 07:25:18 PM »

You seem to have a wild imagination, but I will bite.  Refraction happens when light passes through a medium with different densities.  Please explain yourself. 
The firmament is defined as a crystalline material that enshrines the earth. Think of it as a big glass bubble and all of us living in a snow dome.

Its a very popular FE theory. Above is a picture of the Flammarion woodcut. You can google that if you want to know more.

The firmament is also mentioned in the Bible. (Historical references throughout Hebrew texts).

Quote from: http://creationwiki.org/Crystalline_canopy
The crystalline canopy is a model of the canopy theory used as a source of the 40-day rain that fell during Noah's flood. It is envisioned as a blanket of polarized hydrogen ice crystals and is believed by some[Reference needed] to have formed a huge magnetic shield that surrounded the earth. This is not to be confused with the Dyson sphere
Anyway, you can see how that would bend the light of the sun and stars.

Offline BillyBob

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2014, 07:29:37 PM »
Oh, I did not know that you believed the same crap as that sceptimatic guy on the other flat earth site.  Can you tell us how this dome was created? 

Offline Tintagel

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2014, 07:29:54 PM »

Electromagnetism occurs when electrons flow through a conductor.  In other words, you need a conductor and an electrical charge in order for electromagnetism to occur.

Electromagnetism is defined as one of the four fundamental forces of nature.  The process you're referring to is electromagnetic induction.  Not the same thing.

Thork

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2014, 07:31:54 PM »
Oh, I did not know that you believed the same crap as that sceptimatic guy on the other flat earth site.  Can you tell us how this dome was created? 
Hydrogen is lighter than air. Is formed with the rest of the atmosphere.

Offline BillyBob

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2014, 07:35:00 PM »
Electromagnetism is defined as one of the four fundamental forces of nature.  The process you're referring to is electromagnetic induction.  Not the same thing.
lol, iduction is a totally different subject.  It means that a charge is induced from one conductor to another through a non conductive medium. 

Offline BillyBob

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2014, 07:35:54 PM »

Hydrogen is IN the air.  I have no idea what you are actually trying to say.

Thork

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2014, 07:45:31 PM »

Hydrogen is IN the air.  I have no idea what you are actually trying to say.
Hydrogen is in the air at sea level because it is attached to oxygen (water vapour). Hydrogen particles on their own dwell in the upper atmosphere because hydrogen is lighter than the other components in it. Hydrogen at sea level (H2) on its own only forms 0.00005% of the air. The rest is way up high.