Offline Action80

• View Profile
Re: Bye Bye Abortion
« Reply #580 on: August 04, 2022, 07:29:56 AM »
Basically, every poll is taken from areas where the population is most dense.
That’s a yes, isn’t it?

The areas where the population is less dense are often the areas where the population is most dense…
It seems double speak has struck again?
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 04, 2022, 01:44:20 PM »
QED… :)
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 04, 2022, 01:52:02 PM »
I'm noticing a distinct Action80 motivated devolution of discussion. Do not post low effort nonsense in upper threads (looking at you, Action80) and do not reply to his low effort nonsense with more of it (looking at you, AllAroundTheWorld).

This isn't a 2016 presidential election debate. Do better.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 04, 2022, 02:12:24 PM »
"Mr Biden said the result showed "the majority of Americans agree that women should have access to abortion". - Evidently, the BBC thinks like Biden (for shame), that Kansans represent all of citizens of the US.
Doesn’t basically every poll show that Americans are largely pro choice?

In fairness, he's not entirely wromg.
Random sampling means there is a higher chance of getting someone from a high dense area vs a low one.  Tho you can adjust polls so they do random sampling of target regions to minimize that problem.  But only so many people you should poll per area and if the area has like 1,000 people, well... No need to poll more than one or two.
But a city with a few million?  Need to poll a several hundred.

I’m not sure Lackey’s point is fair because he is asserting that polls over sample people living in cities without any evidence.
Polls cannot help but oversample populations with higher population density.

Just curious, what sample should they take?
Like lets say a county has 9,000 people.  What sample of them, of a state with a population of 3 million, should be taken to be fairly sampled?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 04, 2022, 05:20:23 PM »
Even Fox polls seem to agree with all of those high-population density biased polls from everywhere else:

Seems to still be true 10 months later:

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #585 on: August 04, 2022, 07:31:34 PM »
"Mr Biden said the result showed "the majority of Americans agree that women should have access to abortion". - Evidently, the BBC thinks like Biden (for shame), that Kansans represent all of citizens of the US.

Random sampling means there is a higher chance of getting someone from a high dense area vs a low one.  Tho you can adjust polls so they do random sampling of target regions to minimize that problem.  But only so many people you should poll per area and if the area has like 1,000 people, well... No need to poll more than one or two.

I’m not sure Lackey’s point is fair because he is asserting that polls over sample people living in cities without any evidence.

Like lets say a county has 9,000 people.  What sample of them, of a state with a population of 3 million, should be taken to be fairly sampled?
I don't care what samples they take.

I am fairly convinced you have the same feeling.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 04, 2022, 09:20:25 PM »

I don't care what samples they take.

I am fairly convinced you have the same feeling.

You clearly do.  You said you think they're undersampling low density areas.  So just want to know what you consider to be accurate sampling.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 05, 2022, 10:27:04 AM »
You clearly do.  You said you think they're undersampling low density areas.  So just want to know what you consider to be accurate sampling.
I wrote no such thing.

To me, an adequate sampling would be none at all.

Polls, and the reports thereof, are an example of "tail wagging the dog," thus falling within the realm of unnatural events.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 11:56:26 AM by Action80 »

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 05, 2022, 03:02:41 PM »
I wrote no such thing.

Wouldn't this mean the converse:

(my bold)

Meaning, Polls cannot help but undersample populations with lower population density?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 06, 2022, 11:38:27 AM »

One wonders why a 10-year old girl had to travel to Indiana from Ohio to have an abortion, if Indiana is the first state to ban abortion after Roe v Wade...

Segue to more defense of the obvious media spin...

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 06, 2022, 11:44:44 AM »
Oh my god!!!

Even the media cannot keep track of its narrative...
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 02:42:10 PM by Action80 »

Rama Set

« Reply #591 on: August 06, 2022, 11:49:38 AM »

One wonders why a 10-year old girl had to travel to Indiana from Ohio to have an abortion, if Indiana is the first state to ban abortion after Roe v Wade...

Are you saying you don’t understand how time works?  Have you noticed the weeks separating her abortion and the passing of the law? Or did your YouTube overlord not tell you of the time-like separation of these events in space-time?

Just so you can’t deflect here is a brief timeline:

• an abortion performed on a ten year girl, victim of an alleged rape, was reported by the doctor on July 2nd, 2022
• For the next few weeks you made a series of poorly reasoned assertions attempting to poke holes in the story and failed
• August 6th, 2022 the Indiana legislature passed a law banning nearly all abortions.
• August 6th, 2022 the Indiana governor signs the law but even still, it does not come in to effect until September 15th, 2022.

So in short, what the fuck are you talking about?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 12:29:09 PM by Rama Set »

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 06, 2022, 11:58:16 AM »

Are you saying you don’t understand how time works?  Have you noticed the weeks separating her abortion and the passing of the law? Or did your YouTube overlord not tell you of the time-like separation of these events in space-time?

Just so you can’t deflect here is a brief timeline:

• an abortion performed on a ten year girl, victim of an alleged rape, was reported by the doctor on July 2nd, 2022
• For the next few weeks you made a series of poorly reasoned assertions attempting to poke holes in the story and failed
• August 6th, 2022 the Indiana legislature passed a law banning nearly all abortions.
• August 15th, 2022 the Indiana governor signs the law but even still, it does not come in to effect until September 15th, 2022.

So in short, what the fuck are you talking about?
Refraining from profanity (unlike you) and referring back to the post I made, dealing with how the media is treating and reporting on this topic.

Care to examine and comment, or not?

Rama Set

« Reply #593 on: August 06, 2022, 12:23:13 PM »
Aww did da bad word hurt your feelings?

I did watch your video by the way. It begs the question if you understand how time works or not. Please let us know. 

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 06, 2022, 02:39:30 PM »

I did watch your video by the way. It begs the question if you understand how time works or not. Please let us know.
Not at all.

Still refraining from profanity, the video actually begs the question as to whether or not you know how time works...

So, please, let us know.

Rama Set

« Reply #595 on: August 06, 2022, 02:55:20 PM »

Not at all.

Still refraining from profanity, the video actually begs the question as to whether or not you know how time works...

So, please, let us know.

Yeah. I gave you a timeline. Feel free to discuss it in detail. This law passing has no effect on the abortion done over a month before.

I take it back, maybe it’s entropy and not time that is giving you fits. So, just so you know, events in the present or future can not affect events in the past.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 06, 2022, 03:18:34 PM »

Not at all.

So, please, let us know.

Yeah. I gave you a timeline. Feel free to discuss it in detail. This law passing has no effect on the abortion done over a month before.

I take it back, maybe it’s entropy and not time that is giving you fits. So, just so you know, events in the present or future can not affect events in the past.
Now that you have posted the timeline, you can elucidate on how a person would or should travel from a state where, according to the media, abortion was not banned.

Rama Set

« Reply #597 on: August 06, 2022, 03:40:14 PM »

Not at all.

So, please, let us know.

Now that you have posted the timeline, you can elucidate on how a person would or should travel from a state where, according to the media, abortion was not banned.

She travelled from Ohio to have an abortion in Indiana. You know that right?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 06, 2022, 03:56:54 PM »

Not at all.

So, please, let us know.

She travelled from Ohio to have an abortion in Indiana. You know that right?
According to the media, yes she did.

The question is why?

According to the media, Indiana is the first state to ban abortion, as of yesterday.

Meaning abortion wasn't banned in Ohio.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 04:04:38 PM by Action80 »

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 06, 2022, 04:16:36 PM »
According to the media, Indiana is the first state to ban abortion, as of yesterday.

Meaning abortion wasn't banned in Ohio.
Because the Ohio heartbeat abortion law is vague enough that it was hard to know if the 10 year old would qualify for an exception.  The fact that Ohio looked at charging the Indiana doctor with a crime suggests that she probably would not have.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/07/14/what-ohio-law-says-about-10-year-old-rape-victim-abortion/
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.