Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Bernie 2020
« Reply #200 on: March 07, 2020, 04:51:58 PM »
I like how Democratic nominations have devolved into arguing over what nominee has the best personal characteristics to appeal to a given racial group.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 07, 2020, 05:22:58 PM »
I like how Democratic nominations have devolved into arguing over what nominee has the best personal characteristics to appeal to a given racial group.

Right, personal appeal has never had a place in politics. At any rate Rush brought it up and was renounced as racist for it. I don't think it's so popular to talk about.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 07, 2020, 05:28:24 PM »

Right, personal appeal has never had a place in politics. At any rate Rush brought it up and was renounced as racist for it. I don't think it's so popular to talk about.

"Personal appeal" plastered across an entire race is not personal appeal. Attaching something like "homophobia" to an entire race is the literal definition of racism.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 07, 2020, 05:44:05 PM »

"Personal appeal" plastered across an entire race is not personal appeal. Attaching something like "homophobia" to an entire race is the literal definition of racism.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm being racist. But obviously I'm not saying all black people are homophobic. It's just something that's at least perceived to be prevalent in the community.

Bringing it up about Hispanics may have been more of a mistake on my part. I was thinking about the fact that they are so predominantly Catholic but obviously that's more of a matter of religion than ethnicity and applies equally to all Catholics.

At any rate I do apologize if I happen to have offended anybody.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 07, 2020, 07:44:11 PM »
Trump got impeached trying to weaken Biden politically.
Turns out, Biden was weakened enough all on his own.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 07, 2020, 08:34:44 PM »
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-primary-forecast/?ex_cid=rrpromo

It looks like we're done here. The elite "left" want to keep their dank tax cuts. See you in 2024 bros.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 08:41:16 PM by Fortuna »

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 07, 2020, 09:36:04 PM »
1/10 of no one...
>_>
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 07, 2020, 11:03:26 PM »
1/10 of no one...
>_>

That's 538's way of saying there's a 10% chance a contested convention occurs (no one gets a majority of delegates).

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 07, 2020, 11:04:30 PM »
1/10 of no one...
>_>

That's 538's way of saying there's a 10% chance a contested convention occurs (no one gets a majority of delegates).

Ah.
I misunderstood.  I thought it was a poll.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 11, 2020, 02:03:44 AM »
Considering Bernie's recent primary performance:

totallackey

« Reply #210 on: March 11, 2020, 10:22:29 AM »

I agree with everything stated in this video, except I do hate Bernie Sanders.

totallackey

« Reply #211 on: March 11, 2020, 11:47:27 AM »

I agree with everything stated in this video, except I do hate Bernie Sanders.

Like we hate Trump?
Dave, why are you bringing up Trump in a Bernie thread??
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 11:53:36 AM by totallackey »

totallackey

« Reply #212 on: March 11, 2020, 03:25:54 PM »
Dave, why are you bringing up Trump in a Bernie thread??
Just for comparison.  Its hard to understand your hatred so best to find equivelent ones.
I do not know why it is hard to understand why I would hate someone who is in love with the idea of Castro, and in love with the idea of taking my toys to give them to Johnny to play with.

Fact is, many more people hate Bernie than they hate Trump.

A vast majority of people cannot stand Bernie...Bernie is a loser, spelled with a capital L.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 03:40:43 PM by totallackey »

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 11, 2020, 05:10:47 PM »
I'm getting very tired of Dave and totallackey constantly shitting up political threads with their kindergarten-tier discussions. Can you guys please make your own containment thread and suck each other off in that one while leaving the others alone?

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 11, 2020, 05:13:03 PM »
I'm getting very tired of Dave and totallackey constantly shitting up political threads with their kindergarten-tier discussions. Can you guys please make your own containment thread and suck each other off in that one while leaving the others alone?

As you wish.

« Reply #215 on: March 16, 2020, 02:25:53 PM »
Is racism a bad political strategy? Seems to have worked a lot, historically.
You don't think I'm going to post here sober, do you?  ???

I have embraced my Benny Franko side. I'm sleazy.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 17, 2020, 10:16:00 PM »
Is racism a bad political strategy? Seems to have worked a lot, historically.

I didn't remark on whether or not it's a bad strategy. Racism has its place in politics because there are qualities, both physical and mental, that loosely vary based entirely on race. To say otherwise is to lie and we all know lying has no place in politics. Now, the real political discussion should be why those variations exist, rather than trying to claim that they do not.

In any case, what Roundy said was racist, but there's nothing objectively wrong with being racist. Many traditionally racist ideas are, for good or ill, based on pattern recognition. Identifying patterns and thinking critically about them is a hallmark of intelligence, but unfortunately lots of people accomplish the former and do none of the latter.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 08, 2020, 03:30:29 PM »
Yep.  I had hoped he'd stick it out but alas...

totallackey

« Reply #219 on: April 08, 2020, 04:33:58 PM »