Legit question. Who would win?  ;D

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Goku vs Superman
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 11:06:32 PM »
Death Battle already did this.

I'll post a link later.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Ghost of V

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 11:08:25 PM »
Death Battle already did this.

I'll post a link later.

I've watched the Screwattack Death Battle. Superman wins. I don't want answers based off the video... I want answers based off what you think.

Although, I do agree that Superman would win if they actually went all out. I think the video mentions this, but if they met each other I don't think they would even fight in the first place.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 11:21:32 PM by Ghost of V »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 11:18:01 PM »
Superman would win because he's an American conservative, and those always win by a landslide.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 01:16:00 AM »
I want to watch Dragonball Z now.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 01:31:03 AM »
For those curious about the video:
http://www.screwattack.com/shows/originals/death-battle/death-battle-goku-vs-superman

Anyway, as much as I'd like to say Goku, Superman would win.

Goku has more martial arts experience than Superman.  In theory, he could hold his own due to this alone.  However, Superman isn't going to slow down as much as Goku would.  Invulnerability vs Energy Level.  Superman wins.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Ghost of V

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 01:55:50 AM »
http://www.screwattack.com/shows/originals/death-battle/death-battle-goku-vs-superman

Goku has more martial arts experience than Superman.  In theory, he could hold his own due to this alone.  However, Superman isn't going to slow down as much as Goku would.  Invulnerability vs Energy Level.  Superman wins.

Superman is weak to magic, would Ki be considered magic?

Superman would win because he's an American conservative, and those always win by a landslide.

Obama and Clinton say otherwise.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 03:07:37 AM »

Superman is weak to magic, would Ki be considered magic?
No.
Magic is magic.  Ki is life energy or soul.  It's power but not the ability to warp the fabric of reality.

Ghost of V

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2014, 03:10:41 AM »
Instaneous transmission seems like it warps space/time?

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2014, 08:17:32 AM »
Goku. Instantaneous transmission to either get kryptonite or bring Superman somewhere with kryptonite. Proceed to Super Saiyan 3 and kill him.
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2014, 08:25:18 AM »
Can't pretty much anyone defeat Superman, as long as they have kryptonite?

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2014, 08:25:29 AM »
What are you som kinda nerds?
The Mastery.

Ghost of V

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2014, 08:35:16 AM »
Goku. Instantaneous transmission to either get kryptonite or bring Superman somewhere with kryptonite. Proceed to Super Saiyan 3 and kill him.

How would Goku know his weakness upon meeting him? I don't think Superman would just tell him.

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2014, 09:13:24 AM »

How would Goku know his weakness upon meeting him? I don't think Superman would just tell him.

It's superman.. everyone knows his weakness.

It's both a dumb and interesting question. Superman has been defeated by things that aren't kryptonite before, but Goku is basically just a skilled fighter with flying and teleportation. I think Superman would win because he can last longer in a fight.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 09:16:41 AM by Vindictus »

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2014, 10:08:46 AM »
The only advantage Goku has is his martial skills, but that won't help him when he's fighting someone who can take anything he can throw at him. Superman is stronger, faster, and he can go longer without rest. He could literally deflect Gokus most powerful Kamehameha or Genki Dama (didn't watch the dub, so I don't know what they call it there) with but a flick of his wrist. By then, Goku would be so exhausted he'd pass out.
The Mastery.

Offline Crudblud

• A Moist Delectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2014, 12:17:29 PM »
I never understand how these fights are supposed to work when the characters are from different universes which operate differently.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2014, 12:37:02 PM »
It doesn't.  Its some kind of energy manipulation.  The explanation in the series sucks.  It claims to convert the user to pure energy and movement at the speed of light.  But when you teleport to other planets instantly, it sounds crap.

Rama Set

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2014, 12:52:01 PM »
According to special relativity, when you travel at the speed of light there is no passage of time from your perspective. It would however be an issue for whoever he was travelling to.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2014, 12:59:27 PM »
The laws of physics isn't the same in the DB universe as in ours.
The Mastery.

Ghost of V

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2014, 04:49:53 PM »
It doesn't.  Its some kind of energy manipulation.  The explanation in the series sucks.  It claims to convert the user to pure energy and movement at the speed of light.  But when you teleport to other planets instantly, it sounds crap.

Superman can't travel at the speed of light, as far as I'm aware, so at least Goku would be able to beat him in a race. Right?