Questions on the latest Space X launch
« on: June 08, 2020, 10:30:14 AM »
first time posting and need some answers.  Honestly, i don't believe the Earth is flat, but I noticed something and can't find answers online.  In fact, it seems like no one has the answers, so I thought I'd check here.

1.  When the space X was in flight, I noticed the view from one side, there was a nice curve to the earth.  On the other view, the Earth was flat.  I don't care about the curve/no curve.  Just why the difference?   

2.  Why would we not show a large view of the Earth?  Like instead of the camera showing the rocket and a little piece of the Earth, I want to see the whole USA.  I think my samsung could have gotten more than a sliver of the corner of the earth that was seen.  Am I wrong?  How much should we be seeing at 60K feet.

3.  When docking, why the really small view again?   Like barely enough to see anything going on?

4.  The the boosters landed, they like lose the signal and then it comes back after they landed.   

5.  Did snarky millennials take over launching rockets?  What's with the fake cheering and all the snarky comments?   It didn't sound real to me, but I can't comprehend why.  It feels like the Matrix.

I'll save my lunar questions for another day.   

As I stated earlier, I don't believe the Earth is flat (plz let me be I'm not looking to debate anything).  But I do believe that spacex video was a bunch of bullshit.  Also, I used to be able to find cool videos of people breaking this stuff down, now I can't find them anywhere. Are they banned or something?  Someone else has had to notice this and have some answers or ideas about why that spacex launch looked so shady to me.   

I apologize for hijacking this forum, but if there's a spacex is bs, please get me to that forum so I can dialogue and get some answers.

First Time Here, I need some answers about that launch I saw
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 10:36:17 AM »
first time posting and need some answers.  Honestly, i don't believe the Earth is flat, but I noticed something and can't find answers online.  In fact, it seems like no one has the answers, so I thought I'd check here.

1.  When the space X was in flight, I noticed the view from one side, there was a nice curve to the earth.  On the other view, the Earth was flat.  I don't care about the curve/no curve.  Just why the difference?   

2.  Why would we not show a large view of the Earth?  Like instead of the camera showing the rocket and a little piece of the Earth, I want to see the whole USA.  I think my samsung could have gotten more than a sliver of the corner of the earth that was seen.  Am I wrong?  How much should we be seeing at 60K feet.

3.  When docking, why the really small view again?   Like barely enough to see anything going on?

4.  When the boosters landed, they like lose the signal and then it comes back after they landed.   

5.  Did snarky millennials take over launching rockets?  What's with the fake cheering and all the snarky comments?   It didn't sound real to me, but I can't comprehend why.  It feels like the Matrix.

I'll save my lunar questions for another day.   

As I stated earlier, I don't believe the Earth is flat (plz let me be I'm not looking to debate anything).  But I do believe that spacex video was a bunch of bullshit.  Also, I used to be able to find cool videos of people breaking this stuff down, now I can't find them anywhere. Are they banned or something?  Someone else has had to notice this and have some answers or ideas about why that spacex launch looked so shady to me.   

I apologize for hijacking this forum, but if there's a spacex is bs, please get me to that forum so I can dialogue and get some answers.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 10:38:08 AM by NWOpenMindDude »

Re: Questions on the latest Space X launch
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2020, 11:38:28 AM »

Without looking at the images, probably some sort of image distortion. Wide angle lenses such as GoPros often exhibit this kind of thing.   

At 60K feet? You're not going to see a lot. At 40K feet in an aeroplane, how much of the world do you see out of your window? To view the earth properly (i.e. to see something close to a complete hemisphere), you need to be thousands of miles away. Try putting your Samsung a few mm from the surface of a desktop globe and see how much you can capture.

4.  The the boosters landed, they like lose the signal and then it comes back after they landed.   

The landing platforms on the ocean broadcast to a satellite and have to be very precisely positioned. When the rockets get very close they literally rock the boat. Imagine watching satellite TV and someone suddenly starts shaking your house around. The dish simply loses lock for a brief period. There are ways they could get around it, but it's not worth the effort. Cameras on the platforms record the whole thing anyway, so they're only losing a few seconds of live broadcast. Of course if you're looking for a conspiracy, it looks suspicious, but it really isn't.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
Re: Questions on the latest Space X launch
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2020, 01:34:30 PM »
1. Different camera angles, different placement of surface of Earth within camera's field of view. Distortion from use of wide-angle lens

2. Because the rocket didn't go far enough away. Simple geometry, based on circles, tangents and angles.

4. Only affects the barge landings, sometimes. SpaceX have landed numerous first-stages on land, at Cape Canaveral, where the public have watched them from start to finish. It's not an issue, however much you dress it up. This wasn't their first mission with this rocket configuration; it might have been the first you watched, but it wasn't their first rodeo. They're making it routine.

5. SpaceX have chosen to have their commentators present from within the control room area, and have chosen to place microphones which pick up the cheers of staff around the area. NASA and others have not done this in the past, so it sounds ... different from what has gone before. As far as I can gather, staff who do not have a role in the launch or mission control watch from communal areas outwith the control room, and appear to have a sightline to the view screens therein. 
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 01:52:10 PM by Tumeni »
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?