WiiU & 3DS thred
« on: May 21, 2014, 10:29:04 PM »
Thought I'd start one of these since a few of us have one of these consoles.

Found this today while browsing. Cool little bit of news, I'd be overwhelmed playing SSB on a GC controller once again. Also, Mario Kart 8 is out next Saturday and I'm dying to get my hands on it. Apparently it comes with a free game once you register it on the Nintendo Club site, so I'll probably pick up The Wonderful 101 or Windwaker HD for free as well.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
Re: WiiU & 3DS thred
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 10:40:22 PM »
I hope those third party controllers aren't shit like most third party controllers are. I couldn't imagine playing Smash Bros. on anything but an official Nintendo GameCube controller.

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 10:47:42 PM »
I have 4 third party controllers, and besides being kinda weird with the joysticks they're alright. Got them all for $40 so I'm happy with it. Since these guys are partnering with Nintendo for the GC controller, hopefully it'll be good. The only shit part is that it has to go through the gamepad, but at least they're not gonna be $50 or something ridiculous.

Ghost of V

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 11:39:21 PM »
I have a Wii U and a 3DS. I also have three copies of SSB4 pre-ordered (2 for 3DS and 1 for Wii U).

Although, I haven't played anything on the Wii U since The Wind Waker HD remake. Was fantastic, of course. But I already knew that before buying it, having played the original.

The only games I plan on getting for it in the future are Hyrule Warriors, Smash, and the next inevitable Zelda game (this is usually why I buy Nintendo home consoles anyways). I don't care much for Mario, but I don't dislike the series. However, I couldn't care less about the new Mario Kart. I have never found any enjoyment in kart games. Maybe I'll pick this one up, but I don't really want to spend the money.

If you have one you should share your friend codes/nintendo ids.

Found this today while browsing.

That's awesome. I really hope this comes out. I have three classic controllers for the Wii and one of the new classic controllers for the Wii U, so I'm covered on control methods... but the gamecube controller would be much better for Smash. Not to mention, the new and improved classic controller for the Wii U has some questionable design choices.....

Edit.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/05/pdp_confirms_the_gamecube_inspired_wired_fight_pad_for_wii_and_wii_u

This is apparently their GameCube inspired controller. Huh??? Wait no. I got confused. The controller pictured is an old design. But the GameCube inspired one will be wireless, that's kinda shitty.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 01:21:30 AM by Vauxhall »

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 09:22:38 AM »
I am a happy Wii U/3DS owner. :D I have the Zelda edition of both consoles (of course) and use both pretty regularly. I'm going to get Mario Kart 8...but only because you get a free game with it, which I can use to pick up Pikmin 3, which I've been desperately wanting since its announcement but haven't had money for. I'm gonna buy Smash Bros U and Smash Bros 3DS, I need Hyrule Warriors (which I fully recognize probably won't be a very great game but I'll love to death anyway) and I'm pretty much in a writhing state of bliss anticipating the inevitable showing of Zelda U at E3 LESS THAN THREE WEEKS FROM NOW AFDSKLJF

If you want my 3DS code/Wii Username, PM me. :D

But the GameCube inspired one will be wireless, that's kinda shitty.

It will be wired, actually, which is even shittier. :/ That alone will stop me from getting it. I don't want to have to plug it into a freaking Wiimote just to use it.
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 11:10:53 AM »
I'll put my Wii U username up when I get MK8. Don't play it much now since I finished Rayman and Super Mario Bros U.

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 01:41:32 PM »
I bought my 3DS to replace my broken old DS. I'm very much looking forward to SSB on the 3SD.

Ghost of V

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 06:32:55 PM »
I am a happy Wii U/3DS owner. :D I have the Zelda edition of both consoles (of course) and use both pretty regularly. I'm going to get Mario Kart 8...but only because you get a free game with it, which I can use to pick up Pikmin 3, which I've been desperately wanting since its announcement but haven't had money for. I'm gonna buy Smash Bros U and Smash Bros 3DS, I need Hyrule Warriors (which I fully recognize probably won't be a very great game but I'll love to death anyway) and I'm pretty much in a writhing state of bliss anticipating the inevitable showing of Zelda U at E3 LESS THAN THREE WEEKS FROM NOW AFDSKLJF

If you want my 3DS code/Wii Username, PM me. :D

But the GameCube inspired one will be wireless, that's kinda shitty.

It will be wired, actually, which is even shittier. :/ That alone will stop me from getting it. I don't want to have to plug it into a freaking Wiimote just to use it.

It will be wired to the wiimote, which is wireless. So its essentially wireless. I'd prefer it to plug directly into the console.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 07:06:51 PM »
No one on TFES can beat me at SSB, but you're all welcome to try once the new one is released.

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2014, 07:23:09 PM »
No one on TFES can beat me at SSB, but you're all welcome to try once the new one is released.

It's on. I haven't played in years but I was a pro when I was 13.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2014, 07:54:07 PM »

It's on. I haven't played in years but I was a pro when I was 13.

I've played SSBM almost every day since it came out and won two tournaments. It won't be fun.

Ghost of V

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2014, 08:09:29 PM »

I will accept this challenge. Let's hope the 3DS version has online multiplayer. If not, I'll have the Wii U version too.

TFES SMASHFEST 2014

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2014, 08:21:12 PM »

I will accept this challenge. Let's hope the 3DS version has online multiplayer. If not, I'll have the Wii U version too.

TFES SMASHFEST 2014

The 3DS version will have online play. And I think it's supposed to be out in the next couple of months.

Ghost of V

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2014, 10:25:31 PM »

TFES SMASHFEST 2014

The 3DS version will have online play. And I think it's supposed to be out in the next couple of months.

I think its coming out in November. Maybe sooner.

Also, Snupes. Hyrule Warriors is going to be awesome. Koei games are mindless but very fun.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 11:33:16 PM by Vauxhall »

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2014, 07:48:27 AM »
So which game do you guys think I should download with MK8?

Pikmin 3
Wind Waker HD
Wonderful 101

I never played Wind Waker either.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2014, 08:08:06 AM »
W101

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2014, 09:59:44 AM »
Also, Snupes. Hyrule Warriors is going to be awesome. Koei games are mindless but very fun.

That's what I meant. I don't think it'll be what I'd call a "good game", but I'll still enjoy the mindlessness of playing as Zelda characters in that scenario.

Pikmin 3
Wind Waker HD
Wonderful 101

Wind Waker HD, easily. I've played Wind Waker so many times and it has some of the best music ever in a video game.
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Ghost of V

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2014, 04:44:33 PM »

Pikmin 3
Wind Waker HD
Wonderful 101

Wind Waker first, then Wonderful 1010, then Pikmin.

Wind Waker is pretty much a must play game.  No buts.

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2014, 07:03:45 PM »
but balkno said W101

Ghost of V

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2014, 07:25:22 PM »
but balkno said W101

Does he even have a Wii U?  ::)