Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
Re: Do debates ever convert anyone?
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2022, 03:27:29 PM »
I don't care if you were behind the wheel, I don't care if you were behind the joystick, I don't care if you were manning the conn...

The only thing that traveling a certain speed at a certain time renders is distance.

Distances have nothing to do with the shape of the earth.

Get that through your head.

Distances have everything to do with determining the shape of an object.  Measuring an object is how you determine it's shape.

If you have a set of points where you have measured the distance between them, you can find how they can be arranged, which will tell you the shape of the surface they are on.  If you have enough points you can eliminate some shapes and topographies entirely because they won't fit.

This is why knowing the distance between cities is useful for learning about the shape of the world they exist on.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2022, 03:35:57 PM »
Continuing what I started in my last post:

Flat world maps only exist as they do because they serve to perpetuate fundamental ruling class views and intentions toward the world population.

WORLD MAPS ARE NOT utilized for navigational purposes and NEVER HAVE BEEN .

And cannot be an accurate rendition of a sphere the purported shape and size of the earth on a flat surface.

So, what is the utility for providing them?

Primarily to provide easily accepted, subconciously absorbed messaging concerning how certain populations and areas of the world should be viewed.

More easy to justify murdering, raping, pillaging, and subjugation, when these images are so easily absorbed by the populace.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 03:45:42 PM by Action80 »
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2022, 03:43:47 PM »
I don't care if you were behind the wheel, I don't care if you were behind the joystick, I don't care if you were manning the conn...

The only thing that traveling a certain speed at a certain time renders is distance.

Distances have nothing to do with the shape of the earth.

Get that through your head.

Distances have everything to do with determining the shape of an object.  Measuring an object is how you determine it's shape.
Oh really? The sole and only way to do so is by distance...

Tell me, how do you know you are looking at a rhombus and not a square or a diamond?
If you have a set of points where you have measured the distance between them, you can find how they can be arranged, which will tell you the shape of the surface they are on.  If you have enough points you can eliminate some shapes and topographies entirely because they won't fit.

This is why knowing the distance between cities is useful for learning about the shape of the world they exist on.
One more time.

Just because I travel a certain speed in a certain amount of time, deriving a certain distance traveled, does not tell me the shape of the trip I took.

Trips that humanity engage in are such that regardless of the distance used:

* mythical spherical; or,
* REALITY BASED flat measures:

The alleged differences between the two are laughingly negligible.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 04:41:01 PM by Action80 »
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2022, 03:45:33 PM »
WORLD MAPS ARE NOT utilized for navigational purposes and NEVER HAVE BEEN .

How do you navigate across the world without using a map of the world?  If I want to travel from one side to the other (flat or round) how can I do this if I do not have a map showing me where to go?

If I want to travel from one town to another, I need a map showing those two locations.

If I want to plan a trip from one side of the Earth to the other, I need a map showing those two points and what is between them. How else would I know where to go?

World maps are exactly what one uses to plot plane and shipping routes.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2022, 03:51:22 PM »
I, uh, I'll try again one more time. You are currently not in AR, and this is not a thread for you to sperg about distances.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2022, 09:28:03 PM »
I, uh, I'll try again one more time. You are currently not in AR, and this is not a thread for you to sperg about distances.

Yes! Enough of these spergifications.

This particular thread is about the impact of debate on changing people's minds.

I can listen to a debate with an open mind. I want to learn something new, I want to find out the truth.

If someone has good evidence of Flat Earth I want to see it. I don't believe in the globe model because of some emotional attachment or childhood indoctrination. I believe in the globe model because it tells me exactly the size and shape the Australian continent, where it's located and what time it is there.  When I talk to people in Australia, they confirm everything the globe model reports. If you have some map or model that does a better job, I want to see it.

But typically in a debate when someone has no evidence, they collapse into name calling and angry shouting.
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.