What do you think about this map?
« on: January 03, 2021, 05:47:22 PM »
Hello guys, I'm new here. Recently read this : https://www.amazon.fr/Earth-Flat-Illuminati-Secrets-English-ebook/dp/B06XFQ9M17 and it made me wonder about a lot of stuff. I found this map :
What do you guys think about this map ? Is it in any way realistic ?

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
Re: What do you think about this map?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 06:51:02 PM »
What do you guys think about this map ?
Well its not really a map, is it? It's a fantasy drawing.

Is it in any way realistic ?
Well no. Someone just made it up. I can post another map below. Also utterly made up.

I don't really understand your OP. You post a map that we've never seen before that was made up by someone irrelevant that we have never heard of and then ask "Is that what the world looks like?". I'm not really sure what response you were hoping for?

Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Tron

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 10:51:17 PM »
Thhis would have had to be mapped out years ago during a period of very warm weather where the worlds ice melted and revealed these lands. 
From the surface Earth looks flat.  From space Earth looks round.  Now what?

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 09:03:46 PM »
Hello guys, I'm new here. Recently read this : https://www.amazon.fr/Earth-Flat-Illuminati-Secrets-English-ebook/dp/B06XFQ9M17 and it made me wonder about a lot of stuff. I found this map :

I find these images incredibly interesting. Space, as we are told, is a vast expanse of boring nothingness. But once you stop believing in it your mind opens up to all sorts of wonders that get ignited by pictures like this. Imagine if each of those worlds had their own races, animals, societies, histories, wars? Maybe societies that are far more advanced than ours and have cures for all kinds of illnesses. It all just blows my mind.

Would you recommend this book? I'm thinking of getting it but it may not have anything I don't already know.
Lex I: Corpus omne perseverare in statu suo quiescendi vel movendi uniformiter in directum, nisi quatenus a viribus impressis cogitur statum illum mutare.
-Hooke, Halley, Newton

Nos appropinquare

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2021, 10:27:10 PM »

Space, as we are told, is a vast expanse of boring nothingness.

Whoever taught you about space needs to be slapped! Sure there's a lot of boring nothingness out there, as far as we know, but scattered around are billions of planets and stars and comets and black holes and supernovae, colliding galaxies, each containing hundreds of millions of stars, each having the potential to have orbiting planets, which could share similarities with Earth, or harbours other life forms which are unimaginable to us.

We have 7 other planets in our own solar system, that are both very similar and wildly different to our own. Mars once had a giant ocean, and polar ice caps but lost most of its lighter  elements over time.

Looking up at the stars at night is one of the most awe-inspiring things I do on a regular basis, and that feeling only grows as new discoveries are made.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2021, 11:29:39 PM »

What's boring about this:

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 01:04:49 AM »

Whoever taught you about space needs to be slapped! Sure there's a lot of boring nothingness out there, as far as we know, but scattered around are billions of planets and stars and comets and black holes and supernovae, colliding galaxies, each containing hundreds of millions of stars, each having the potential to have orbiting planets, which could share similarities with Earth, or harbours other life forms which are unimaginable to us.

We have 7 other planets in our own solar system, that are both very similar and wildly different to our own. Mars once had a giant ocean, and polar ice caps but lost most of its lighter  elements over time.

Looking up at the stars at night is one of the most awe-inspiring things I do on a regular basis, and that feeling only grows as new discoveries are made.

We have nothing but probability figures that there are planets that are earth-like, could sustain living beings or are currently habitable/habitated. We can't even visit Mars, let alone our nearest extra-terrestrial neighbours. In that sense I find it boring. Even if I believed in space the way I used to, nothing exciting would ever happen in my lifetime. Even a lot of the fantasy space movies are incredibly boring, with the exception of maybe Interstellar amongst others. The idea of the planet with the huge waves for example was quite interesting I have to say. Why can't NASA come up with stuff like this? Shake the story up a bit please, NASA!

There are far more exciting places left unexplored on Earth that we should be looking into.

In contrast, the flat-earth map above no matter how inaccurate, sparks a wonderment in me. Thoughts of vast landmasses maybe 10,000-100,000km away beyond a barrier that we either can't pass or are not allowed to pass. Even the prospects of civilizations that know we exist but we know nothing about them! What if the Antarctic Treaty or the barrier out of this world is enforced by the beings of Gemina, Aten or Thoth civilizations?

Even the mystery of what lies below polaris gets me excited. I've read about giants of the north that like to keep to themselves. Funnily enough, I used to take 3-4 trips per year to Stockholm for work in the last few years. I was sitting in the airport waiting for a flight home when two people passed quickly, a man and a woman - they were huge! They looked at least 7ft tall and were slouching as if they were trying to hide it. And I'm well aware of how tall Scandinavians are in general but this was something out of the ordinary. I just remember their disproportionately large jawlines too as they scampered through the terminal trying not to attract too much attention. I often fantasize that they were giants of the north coming to explore distant lands! Exciting stuff.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 01:08:14 AM by Mark Antony »
Lex I: Corpus omne perseverare in statu suo quiescendi vel movendi uniformiter in directum, nisi quatenus a viribus impressis cogitur statum illum mutare.
-Hooke, Halley, Newton

Nos appropinquare

Offline Tron

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2021, 01:33:43 PM »
Mark, what if I were to tell you that every galaxy you see is a habitable world just like galaxy earth?  What if I told you that we have visited mars and other planets using advanced space craft you could only dream of?  What if I told you there are unvisited territories of land bigger you can imagine here on earth if you travel beyond 60n latitudes?  Would that encourage your enthusiasm?
From the surface Earth looks flat.  From space Earth looks round.  Now what?

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2022, 05:08:41 PM »
I question the validity of this map. I think if it were accurate or close to accurate, we would have seen more ancient depictions of maps like this one. I think it is trying to add confusion into the flat earth theory and lead people on a wild goose chase instead of teaching them the truth.
Take for example the Azimuthal Equidistant map. Many ancient civilizations have very similar ideas on what the map or world looks like.
I have also came across that ancient 1000 year old Buddhist map that seems to be the only one in existence.
I have never really heard much about all this extra land outside of the outer rim of our plane.
There would also need to be a separate light source like we have from the sun and moon, since we can trace the path of our sun and moon and we know it doesn't go beyond the ice rim of Antarctica.
Also, who were the people that went 'beyond' the ice rim and discovered and charted all these 'extra lands'?
They would have had to cross a vast expanse of inhospitable weather and even in modern times we would have a hard time doing that in 100 below 0 weather (Admiral Byrd claimed that Antarctica can get as cold as 100 below 0).
The 'elites' throw out all kinds of nonsense to keep the real truth from being known.
In the Canonical Bible and even the Apocrypha, there is no mention of any extra lands beyond our known plane.
Between the mid 1940's up until the 1960's when the government went to Antarctica to test the strength of the firmament, such as in Operation Fishbowl of 1962, where they repeatedly fired nukes straight up into the firmament don't you think that if the knew of extra lands, they would have pressed on to discover the edge?
Admiral Byrd mentions land that was not discovered, however, the top of the ice wall (or ice rim) would have had an expanse of land unknown in size to us that went from the ocean to where the ice wall starts to where it meets the firmament.
Based on the globe model, Antarctica is a smaller piece of land, but on the flat earth model it surrounds the entire plane and who knows the depth of it as I said from the ocean to the firmament.
There's a reason why the Antarctica Treaty is in place now and that is to keep us from discovering the truth.
It is becoming ever increasingly difficult now to actually go there to prove as the Antarctica Treaty prevents personal travel and the government won't be issuing any visitor passes to allow discovery. They will further keep people away with military force and by other means such as preserving nature areas that nobody can go to so people don't question why they're being kept away.
You are not allowed to sail or go past past the 60th parallel south. I believe it is to prevent us from getting too close to the firmament and discovering the true nature of the plane we live on.
Antarctica, interestingly enough, is the only 'continent' that has it's shape on the flag. It's almost like they want you to 'know' the shape of it - thereby further fooling us and hiding the truth.
There's only a couple of tourist spots you can go but it is heavily guarded by military presence.
The U.N. uses the Azimuthal Equidistant map as their logo. They are hiding the truth right out in plain (plane) site.
Admiral Byrd in his expeditions to Antarctica mentioned that there was 1000 mile long ice walls and separating those sections were 11000 feet mountains - this is probably where the unexplored land was that he mentioned.
An explorer by the name of George W.F. Rayner, a photographer and biologist was on an expedition to Antarctica in 1929 led by Australian explorer Hubert Wilkins and American publisher William Randolph Hearst. Rayner took many photos which are on display at the Museums Victoria in Australia (https://collections.museumsvictoria.com.au/articles/2669).
There is one photo in particular that stands out to me. Behind a mountain range, it appears as the whole sky is glassy and could perhaps be the firmament (attached photo). Of course, given the cold climate there, it could be some sort of photographic anomaly but none of the other photos taken on that expedition show this.
The Bible correlates very well with what we know of the flat earth and there is no mention of extra lands beyond and they are trying to ultimately hide our creator from us.

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2022, 05:19:04 PM »
The Three Stooges also made a map, clearly for fun. But it goes to show you, we can't blindly trust everything out there.

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2022, 08:04:36 PM »
The map is pure fantasy.  It doesn't even show Essos, Westeros or Narnia. 

SteelyBob

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2022, 08:10:06 PM »
The U.N. uses the Azimuthal Equidistant map as their logo. They are hiding the truth right out in plain (plane) site.

There are numerous obvious problems with the FET idea that the AE map is a true, dimensionally and spatially accurate scale representation of the earth.

As I pointed out in this thread - https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=19193.msg274182#msg274182, and as others have pointed out in others, if the AE map (or north centred monopole) is correct, then the distances between places that we expect from the RET earth model cannot be true. But the evidence for these RET distances being correct is substantial - I used long-haul flight times in the adjacent thread, but there are plenty of others. 

Do you have a view on this? How do you explain the flight times between Perth and Johannesburg, for example, if the earth is indeed laid out as per the AE map?

Offline GoldCashew

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2022, 08:11:46 PM »

We have nothing but probability figures that there are planets that are earth-like, could sustain living beings or are currently habitable/habitated. We can't even visit Mars, let alone our nearest extra-terrestrial neighbours. In that sense I find it boring. Even if I believed in space the way I used to, nothing exciting would ever happen in my lifetime. Even a lot of the fantasy space movies are incredibly boring, with the exception of maybe Interstellar amongst others. The idea of the planet with the huge waves for example was quite interesting I have to say. Why can't NASA come up with stuff like this? Shake the story up a bit please, NASA!

There are far more exciting places left unexplored on Earth that we should be looking into.

In contrast, the flat-earth map above no matter how inaccurate, sparks a wonderment in me. Thoughts of vast landmasses maybe 10,000-100,000km away beyond a barrier that we either can't pass or are not allowed to pass. Even the prospects of civilizations that know we exist but we know nothing about them! What if the Antarctic Treaty or the barrier out of this world is enforced by the beings of Gemina, Aten or Thoth civilizations?

Even the mystery of what lies below polaris gets me excited. I've read about giants of the north that like to keep to themselves. Funnily enough, I used to take 3-4 trips per year to Stockholm for work in the last few years. I was sitting in the airport waiting for a flight home when two people passed quickly, a man and a woman - they were huge! They looked at least 7ft tall and were slouching as if they were trying to hide it. And I'm well aware of how tall Scandinavians are in general but this was something out of the ordinary. I just remember their disproportionately large jawlines too as they scampered through the terminal trying not to attract too much attention. I often fantasize that they were giants of the north coming to explore distant lands! Exciting stuff.

Can you clarify your comments further as follows:

"We can't even visit Mars"?
        - To date, humans have landed probes on Mars that have helped humanity to see the wonderment of that planet's surface with Rovers that scout the land and conduct various experiments on the Mars' surface and soil.

"Even if I believed in space the way I used to, nothing exciting would ever happen in my lifetime."
        - On the flip side, even if you believed in the wonderment of different maps and lands beyond, I don't think nothing exciting would ever happen in your lifetime as well.

"why can't NASA come up with stuff like this? Shake the story up a bit please, NASA!".
        - It's not NASA's job to create fantasy so that wonderment can be provided to you. If NASA did come up with fantasy stuff as your are suggesting would they not then be accused of being a bunch of liars and faking things?

"I've read about giants of the north that like to keep to themselves. Funnily enough, I used to take 3-4 trips per year to Stockholm for work in the last few years. I was sitting in the airport waiting for a flight home when two people passed quickly, a man and a woman - they were huge! They looked at least 7ft tall and were slouching as if they were trying to hide it. And I'm well aware of how tall Scandinavians are in general but this was something out of the ordinary. I just remember their disproportionately large jawlines too as they scampered through the terminal trying not to attract too much attention. I often fantasize that they were giants of the north coming to explore distant lands!"
        - There are also really really short humans that exist among us, that have dwarfism. But, I wouldn't go so far as to believe that they were hobbits from another distant land.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 09:29:46 PM by GoldCashew »

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2022, 11:08:35 PM »

You are not allowed to sail or go past past the 60th parallel south. I believe it is to prevent us from getting too close to the firmament and discovering the true nature of the plane we live on.
Antarctica, interestingly enough, is the only 'continent' that has it's shape on the flag. It's almost like they want you to 'know' the shape of it - thereby further fooling us and hiding the truth.

What flag?

And what's with the "go past the 60th parallel south" thing.  What law is that?  What is the jurisdiction?  Who enforces it?  As I write this, Qantas Boeing 787 Dreamliner Registration VH-ZNB, operating as flight number QF1336, is on FR24 out of Melbourne and at 67deg South 165deg East.  Should we be telling the World Police? 

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2022, 11:26:22 PM »
It is becoming ever increasingly difficult now to actually go there to prove as the Antarctica Treaty prevents personal travel and the government won't be issuing any visitor passes to allow discovery. They will further keep people away with military force and by other means such as preserving nature areas that nobody can go to so people don't question why they're being kept away.
Hmmm...  Maybe someone should tell the Antarctic tourism industry that they're breaking international law.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/joemicallef/2020/11/08/the-north-and-south-poles-have-become-the-ultimate-travel-bucket-list-heres-how-to-get-there/
https://explore.quarkexpeditions.com/blog/can-i-travel-to-antarctica
https://www.swoop-antarctica.com/adventures/south-pole
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2022, 01:31:01 PM »
Looks like yesterday's Qantas QF1336 was a chartered sightseeing flight to Antarctica (Google it). 

Obviously Qantas aren't aware of the Forbidden Zone thingy, and the Global Space Force F-16s failed to shoot it down. 

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2022, 01:55:47 PM »
Obviously Qantas aren't aware of the Forbidden Zone thingy, and the Global Space Force F-16s failed to shoot it down.
Keep your shitposting out of the upper.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline jimster

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2022, 08:14:20 PM »
I have questions, and will try to express them respectfully. I think they are reasonable valid questions, but maybe I am inadvertently shitposting.

From OP, "What do you think of this map? Is it in any way realistic?"

To answer your question respectfully, I think the distances and directions on the center part of the map that corresponds to the RE maps does not match the distances and directions in google maps, airline schedules, gps, and many more things from daily life and RET. For example, on your map, Australia looks bigger than Russia. Is RET wrong, or maybe your map still needs work?

RE the part outside the ice wall, I think I would like a way to observe, investigate, and measure the lands beyond. Until then, I will follow the advice in the FE wiki:

"We must, at the very least, know exactly how conclusions were made about the world, and the strengths and weaknesses behind those deductions. Our society emphasizes the demonstration and explanation of knowledge.

How can I do this? How can you demonstrate those lands? Where did you get the information? If you are presenting it as a possibility, aren't there an infinite number of possibilities? How do you know which is true?

Summary: the part of your map inside the ice wall seems distorted. I do not know how to have any opinion about the part outside the ice wall, only the question of how to find out.
I am really curious about so many FE things, like how at sunset in Denver, people in St Louis see the dome as dark with stars, while people in Salt Lake City see the same dome as light blue. FE scientists don't know or won't tell me.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2022, 09:36:53 PM »
Map origin...

The World Beyond the Ice Wall 2.0

A little over a year ago, I had made a fantasy world map based on <u><b><a href="www.reddit.com/r/MapPorn/comme…">this flat earth map</a></b></u>, which I have yet to track down the original creator of:

Yes, the original map seems to be made a flat earther, showcasing a model of the earth some flat earthers ascribe to: that beyond Antarctica, which acts as a sort of barrier surrounding the known world, there are many vast undiscovered continents, which are habitable and rich with life, there could even be multiple barriers, concentric rings of glaciers which lie at the edges of their sun’s light.

Lets disregard the sheer absurdity of actually believing that our world is like this for a moment, and instead treat it as a fictional setting. Isn't this idea totally fascinating? Just think of the possibilities for fantasy stories, alternate history, speculative evolution and all the in-depth worldbuilding that could be done here! That’s what inspired me to make the enhanced version I put out last year.

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2023, 07:51:10 AM »
I think the map is definitely interesting. As to whether it has validity, I would first have to be convinced of FE Theory, and then of a particular map. I could be convinced if I saw scientific evidence favouring FE Theory. My mind is definitely open to the idea that FE might be true, but I have to see evidence first.