Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #280 on: January 23, 2017, 12:06:45 AM »
i genuinely don't understand what could even be in there that he's worried about.
Fat paycheques from Russia?
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 23, 2017, 12:36:49 AM »
in other news: guess who decided not to release his tax returns?  is anyone surprised?

i genuinely don't understand what could even be in there that he's worried about.  even if he somehow avoided his entire tax bill, doesn't that just fit the "don't hate me because i'm savvy" narrative he's already asserted?  i can't imagine how it could really affect his popularity/ratings one way or another.

If it shows he's failing, that his businesses are failing, it'll destroy said businesses.  All his investors will jump ship, thinking his company is going to go belly up.  Keep it hidden, maybe turn the company around before it fails.  I mean, he's president now, he's got a fuck ton of power to do just that.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #282 on: January 23, 2017, 01:57:45 AM »
i genuinely don't understand what could even be in there that he's worried about.
Fat paycheques from Russia?
he probably just doesn't want anyone to know how much he spends on rare pepes.

srsly tho i guess from anther point of view it's the only smart move: even if you think there's nothing in there worth hiding, you don't change your approval by not releasing it, and nothing in it is going to improve your approval, so the only remaining outcomes are bad.  optimal move is not to release.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 23, 2017, 08:17:31 AM »
Or he's going to show his tax returns at a formal dinner several years from now, while mercilessly making fun of his opponents. I reckon he's still bitter after Obama's birth certificate release so he might want to copy it.

« Reply #284 on: January 23, 2017, 12:00:28 PM »
Or he's going to show his tax returns at a formal dinner several years from now, while mercilessly making fun of his opponents. I reckon he's still bitter after Obama's birth certificate release so he might want to copy it.

Well if he wanted to copy Obama with the birth certificate, he would've released the top pages of his 1040 return before the election.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: January 23, 2017, 01:02:09 PM »
Well if he wanted to copy Obama with the birth certificate, he would've released the top pages of his 1040 return before the election.
Surely you mean falsified top pages :^)

« Reply #286 on: January 23, 2017, 03:41:13 PM »

I mean only if you're a conspiracy nut.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 23, 2017, 04:21:56 PM »

I mean only if you're a conspiracy nut.

Well, now that Obama's out of the whitehouse, maybe he can pull a Trump and claim that Donald's tax returns are forgeries and hasn't filed taxes?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #288 on: January 23, 2017, 05:32:08 PM »
Someone just needs to fire Sean Spicer. He's way too antagonistic with the press, is outright lying to the them, and trying to control the narrative by telling them what they should be covering. He's going to be unable to control the narrative at all when the press just stops listening to him because they can't trust what he says.

They've already shown an unwillingness to truthfully report what he says anyway. The most profound thing I got out of this press conference was that he said Trump will continue to spread his message to the American people directly, as opposed to speaking at Press conferences and having the press twist whatever is said to fit their inherent agendas. I actually would prefer this type of communication, I don't necessarily need some talking head telling me how I should feel about anything.

Rama Set

« Reply #289 on: January 23, 2017, 06:10:57 PM »
They've already shown an unwillingness to truthfully report what he says anyway. The most profound thing I got out of this press conference was that he said Trump will continue to spread his message to the American people directly, as opposed to speaking at Press conferences and having the press twist whatever is said to fit their inherent agendas. I actually would prefer this type of communication, I don't necessarily need some talking head telling me how I should feel about anything.

But surely you can admit there is a serious ethical issue with feeding lies to the media.  Trump has done this in his direct communications with the public via Twitter as well.  I can respect how you want to receive your information, but you should be every bit as concerned with bald-faced lying as the mainstream media is.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 23, 2017, 06:24:38 PM »
They've already shown an unwillingness to truthfully report what he says anyway.

Just out of curiosity:
1) What did they not-truthfully report he said or didn't say
2) Where did you learn that?

« Reply #291 on: January 23, 2017, 06:31:02 PM »

But surely you can admit there is a serious ethical issue with feeding lies to the media.  Trump has done this in his direct communications with the public via Twitter as well.  I can respect how you want to receive your information, but you should be every bit as concerned with bald-faced lying as the mainstream media is.

If something is a bold face lie I'm sure the media will tear it apart. But who tears apart bald-faced lies of the mainstream media? They aren't held accountable, and that's partially what Spicer insinuated in the conference. Too often they report unsubstantiated stories with obviously sensational headlines just to pop a retraction in fine print at the bottom of the article days later. More often than not the headline itself is crafted in a way to confirm a target audience's biases so people will share without even reading it. Not to mention the MSM was busted RED HANDED colluding with the democrats so how can anyone reasonably expect them to be fair in the coverage, or lines of questioning.

They've already shown an unwillingness to truthfully report what he says anyway.

Just out of curiosity:

They reported that he said all mexicans are rapist and all muslims are terrorist, did you miss it?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 23, 2017, 06:59:55 PM »

If something is a bold face lie I'm sure the media will tear it apart.
Except when they do Trump and his people call it lies. 

Just out of curiosity:

They reported that he said all mexicans are rapist and all muslims are terrorist, did you miss it?
I did.  You'll have to link me the news articles on that one.  (I say articles cause, you know, I expect more than just one news agency reported this.)

« Reply #293 on: January 23, 2017, 07:17:58 PM »
The most profound thing I got out of this press conference was that he said Trump will continue to spread his message to the American people directly, as opposed to speaking at Press conferences and having the press twist whatever is said to fit their inherent agendas. I actually would prefer this type of communication, I don't necessarily need some talking head telling me how I should feel about anything.

The irony. You don't want a talking head telling you what to think, but are content to get your information from the one person who has the most incentive to lie to you.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 23, 2017, 07:47:59 PM »
Spicer just walked back on his comments Saturday by saying "Oh no, it's both combined: worldwide plus in-person."  So basically, he spoke in a way that was too ambiguous then fought the media on it instead of clarifying.

But now he's clarifying.
Worldwide audience viewing the inauguration + in person people.  Basically total eyeballs is the most ever.

So now he's basically saying it's frustrating for everyone to constantly hear the news say how he's not good enough or this won't happen or he can't do this.  And that it's never happened before from the media. 

So it's Day 3 and him and his team are demoralized.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 07:54:10 PM by Lord Dave »

« Reply #295 on: January 23, 2017, 09:53:48 PM »

Rama Set

« Reply #296 on: January 23, 2017, 09:57:45 PM »
If something is a bold face lie I'm sure the media will tear it apart. But who tears apart bald-faced lies of the mainstream media? They aren't held accountable, and that's partially what Spicer insinuated in the conference. Too often they report unsubstantiated stories with obviously sensational headlines just to pop a retraction in fine print at the bottom of the article days later. More often than not the headline itself is crafted in a way to confirm a target audience's biases so people will share without even reading it. Not to mention the MSM was busted RED HANDED colluding with the democrats so how can anyone reasonably expect them to be fair in the coverage, or lines of questioning.

I understand that you dislike the MSM, and I understand where you are coming from in that regard and don't think anything more needs to be said.  I am concerned with people's lack of concern over an administration blatantly lying to the public without any regard for them.  This problem becomes compounded when the same public mistrusts the MSM, that you say will "tear it apart".  How do you protect yourself against a line of thinking where POTUS lies, the MSM "tears it apart" and you decide that you trust POTUS because the MSM is obviously corrupt?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 24, 2017, 12:37:23 PM »

« Reply #298 on: January 24, 2017, 01:27:59 PM »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 24, 2017, 03:23:10 PM »
idgi  :(

hotlinking from Twitter won't work with all browsers because Twitter and because Chrome