Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Coronavirus Vaccine and You
« Reply #520 on: August 03, 2021, 04:06:02 PM »

I suggest you learn the definition of the word, "guidance," before you post again.

The government pays the hospital if Covid is the cause of death.

Administrators want the money.

And will not follow "guidance."

In the US, yes, for Medicare patients, the government pays the hospital for Covid services rendered. I'm not finding where the Gov't is paying something or anything extra for non-Medicare Covid patients.  Please cite a source.
A source for what?

You are now claiming that hospitals are not getting any monies related to Covid deaths unless the patients were on Medicare?

That is up to you, the claimant, to provide the source.
You claimed they were first so... its you who must prove that claim.  And I'd like to know: Are US hospitals getting $$$ for every dead covid person?  Someone prove this to me one way or another.
It's a fact. Not a claim.

And hospitals were receiving more money than usual from the government, thanks to the CARES Act, for just listing a case as Covid treatment.

Nearly everyone that was hospitalized with this disease met the age or eligibility requirements for Medicare to begin with.

The majority of those dead were over the age of 65.

$13k for a case, $39k if a ventilator was used, more than double what the government was paying prior to covid.

I am no longer going to waste any time with you Dave.

You are neither a lord nor even equal to a commoner with the lousy trolling and denial.

You push total disinformation and will eventually answer for all of it.

You seem to be all for lining the pockets of corporate medicine in any way possible. A true reformer, in every sense of the term.

Absolutely disgusting.

As with all things, Lackey is only half right.  So, I looked for evidence.  And surprise!  I know why he didn't wanna post links.

https://www.hhs.gov/coronavirus/cares-act-provider-relief-fund/for-providers/index.html

Yes, you get money.  But there are a ton of strings attached AND you need to prove you need the money.  And it can only be used for Covid related things or reimbursements.  You also must have accepted patients/payments from various government health care.  So any hospital that refuses Medicare patients would not get funds.
Its also not based on "per covid patient" but closer to a "reimbursement" system.  So you gotta spend the money first, then the governemnt will give you money to help cover the unexpected costs.  Provided you agree to the terms and conditions. (Read em.)

Also the deadline was November 6, 2020.  FYI.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 04:07:59 PM by Lord Dave »
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 03, 2021, 04:13:59 PM »
^ So, yeah.

They were getting money.

Thanks for finally admitting it.

Many doctors refuse to see a Medicare patient (which is exactly why you and Rama, the tremendous humanitarians you are, want to see everyone on Medicare), but a hospital generally does not.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 04:34:50 PM by Action80 »
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 03, 2021, 05:16:29 PM »
^ So, yeah.

They were getting money.

Many doctors refuse to see a Medicare patient (which is exactly why you and Rama, the tremendous humanitarians you are, want to see everyone on Medicare), but a hospital generally does not.

And?  We never claimed they were not.  We asked YOU to back it up.  But you didn't, so I did.
And its still not horrible.  Its literally "Did you pay for this corona victim without insurance?  Here's some money to pay for that."  "Did you give people free testing?  Here's money for that."  "Did you lose your business because corona kept you from doing dentistry?  Here's money for that."
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #523 on: August 03, 2021, 05:29:55 PM »
You wrote the mRNA vaccines were based "largely on previous vaccines." How could that possibly be?

Well…
mRNA vaccines have been around and experimented for use in oncology, not for virology.

You give the answer here. Part of the appeal of mRNA vaccines is that the basic platform is the same for any use, then they adapt the mRNA to do what they want.

Just one huge lie after another when you write.

Incorrect.

Yeah, we all get it.

VAERS is good and reliable prior to Covid, now, not so much.

VAERS is good for identifying possible trends but it does not, as they say on their site, confirm all the results reported them. They literally say on their site:

“While very important in monitoring vaccine safety, VAERS reports alone cannot be used to determine if a vaccine caused or contributed to an adverse event or illness.”

https://vaers.hhs.gov/data.html

You guys are truly despicable.

Nice personal attack.

Rama Set

« Reply #524 on: August 03, 2021, 05:33:09 PM »
^ So, yeah.

They were getting money.

I want the US to have a single-payer healthcare system. It would reduce government spending, improve the economy and everyone’s quality of life.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #525 on: August 03, 2021, 07:17:25 PM »
You guys are truly despicable.

Don't do that. Warned.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #526 on: August 05, 2021, 10:50:03 AM »
Alberta is dropping all government mandates related to SARS-CoV-2 and Covid -19.

Reason?

Cannot demonstrate any science supporting government mandated restrictions.

Rama Set

« Reply #527 on: August 05, 2021, 11:26:38 AM »
Alberta is dropping all government mandates related to SARS-CoV-2 and Covid -19.

Reason?

I haven’t seen any mention of what you are talking about, only that they are lifting restrictions because they are disruptive and there is vaccine protection.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 11:30:01 AM by Rama Set »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: August 05, 2021, 11:29:12 AM »

Reason?

Once again making claims without supporting evidence. 
https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/alberta-to-eliminate-covid-19-quarantine-rules-as-cases-rise-among-the-unvaccinated-1.5526426

Long story short: they feel they have enough vaccinated people to be able to remove restrictions and redirect resources elsewhere.  Which I'm sure is a good comfort for the people in ICU.  That is the "scientific data".  Not that Covid isn't bad, but because the providence is vaccinated enough to make the risk managable without restrictions.

Rama Set

« Reply #529 on: August 05, 2021, 11:35:38 AM »
The premier did say they will focus on vaccination as the “most scientific” way to deal with the virus.

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/no-quarantine-for-covid-19-after-aug-16-alberta-set-to-end-restrictions-1.5527222

They also said that 95% of hospitalizations were among the unvaccinated.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 05, 2021, 11:39:44 AM »
Which is to treat it like a flu, which it is.

The health authority was subpoenaed, the government wrote they had nothing in regards to science to justify government mandated restrictions.

Rama Set

« Reply #531 on: August 05, 2021, 11:42:06 AM »

Incorrect.

The health authority was subpoenaed, the government wrote they had nothing in regards to science to justify government mandated restrictions.

Source?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 05, 2021, 11:54:52 AM »

Incorrect.
Correct.

Source?
David Freiheit
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 12:00:02 PM by Action80 »

Rama Set

« Reply #533 on: August 05, 2021, 12:07:27 PM »

Incorrect.
Correct.

Flus are not coronaviruses. This is a category error.

Source?
David Freiheit

Why don’t you post the YouTube video where he talks about it?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 05, 2021, 12:09:44 PM »

Incorrect.
Correct.

Flus are not coronaviruses. This is a category error.
Flu is a respiratory illness.

Categorical fact.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 12:26:43 PM by Action80 »

Rama Set

« Reply #535 on: August 05, 2021, 12:15:43 PM »
Tuberculosis and lung cancers are also respiratory illnesses that aren’t flus.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 05, 2021, 12:28:24 PM »
Alberta is taking the same approach as it would to any other respiratory illness.

That is a fact.

Rama Set

« Reply #537 on: August 05, 2021, 12:46:26 PM »
Alberta is taking the same approach as it would to any other respiratory illness.

That is a fact.

Context matters.  They are taking this approach because of the vaccine.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 05, 2021, 12:54:07 PM »
I like how he throws out a name, assumes we all know the person and everything they say, then goes off on a point without providing a source of information behond his own word.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #539 on: August 05, 2021, 02:15:51 PM »

That is a fact.

Context matters.  They are taking this approach because of the vaccine.
When you have no proof of a scientific nature in order to justify prior measures and are asked to provide it, but do not, then the reason why you are dropping it is evident.

Like all other persons who offer up bs to begin with, more bs will surely follow.