Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Living in Norway
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2015, 02:10:32 PM »
One thing that struck me about Norway was how incredibly antisocial they are, this was particularly evident in Svalbard. How much do you have to hate your neighbours that you find the tiny town of Longyearbyen 'too busy' and decide to live outside the town limits halfway up a snow-covered hillside with polar bears prowling around outside?

They aren't antisocial, they just like space.  Or tend sheep.  Usually both.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Thork

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2015, 02:33:46 PM »
One thing that struck me about Norway was how incredibly antisocial they are, this was particularly evident in Svalbard. How much do you have to hate your neighbours that you find the tiny town of Longyearbyen 'too busy' and decide to live outside the town limits halfway up a snow-covered hillside with polar bears prowling around outside?

You'll be stunned to learn that sheep farming in a place that is covered with snow isn't the most profitable enterprise in a land that makes most of its money from North Sea oil, mining and fishing.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2015, 02:39:26 PM »

You'll be stunned to learn that sheep farming in a place that is covered with snow isn't the most profitable enterprise in a land that makes most of its money from North Sea oil, mining and fishing.
You'll be stunned to learn that most of Norway is not covered in snow all year round.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Thork

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2015, 03:20:55 PM »

You'll be stunned to learn that most of Norway is not covered in snow all year round.
You aren't going to be getting as much sheep sex as you hoped. Norway has a tiny sheep population. There aren't enough to go around.

Thork

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2015, 03:25:47 PM »
Also, you are going from somewhere reasonably 'free' to somewhere with less freedom.

http://www.heritage.org/index/ranking

Australia is 4th, despite all Parsifal's whinging about repressed immigrants and badly treated Abos. 

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2015, 09:07:50 PM »

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2015, 01:11:03 AM »
You aren't going to be getting as much sheep sex as you hoped. Norway has a tiny sheep population. There aren't enough to go around.

Wow. I don't want to go anymore.

Also, from that Reddit thread you posted:

i'm suspicious because you started a conversation with a random finn and he tolerated it.

w0w

So, it looks like they don't really tolerate the cold as well as I thought, and that the extreme cold leaves people stranded indoors, which makes them intolerably introverted. A lot of people in the thread are like "wow, that's amazing, a country full of me!" but actually an almost homogeneously introverted country would suck balls.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SwedenYes

double w0w
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 03:19:34 AM by Rushy »

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2015, 09:14:10 PM »
It's uncommon for people to talk to you in Australia as well. I haven't spent a lot of time in the US, but people didn't approach me there either. I don't see how it's a special thing among the Scandinavian countries.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2015, 10:02:43 PM »

I found the people of Norway to be wonderful, some of the women are just stunning, the Sognefjord is stunning, but the drink is bloody expensive and there are shit loads of mosquitos.
We were supposed to be driving up to Hell in Finland to send postcards but we never got there.
On the way back we stopped for some muppet Englishman who had left his lights on and flattened his battery, he tied a tow rope around our back axle so we could give him a tow start and when he got going and removed his rope he had fractured our brakes, he just fucked off.
A local garage fixed it so the front brakes worked, for half a bottle of southern comfort as we were running out of money, drove through the night to Gothenburg and slept on a beach, when we woke everyone was naked. Ahh the Scandinavians. have fun.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2015, 10:59:44 PM »
I haven't spent a lot of time in the US, but people didn't approach me there either.

Probably because you're a dirty aussie

Offline Hoppy

• Posts 6892
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2015, 06:48:41 PM »
Hey Thork, about that marriage proposal....
Getting it up the ass doesn't sound like of a proposal.
God is real.

Thork

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2015, 08:02:39 PM »
Hey Thork, about that marriage proposal....
Getting it up the ass doesn't sound like of a proposal.
It is an indecent proposal.  :-B