Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #2600 on: February 14, 2018, 06:30:30 PM »
https://www.npr.org/2018/02/14/585725682/house-republicans-open-investigation-into-white-house-handling-of-porter-scandal

So back on topic.

The House Republicans went "WTF?" to the White House.  You can really see the friction in the party.  Would be interesting if they find out that Trump has been waiving so many security checks.

"What?  No, I trust the guy. He's the best, the best.  Totally trustworthy.  No no, you don't have to worry, he'd never sell secrets to our enemies.  Just give him a pass, it's fine. It's fine."
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: February 24, 2018, 11:00:49 PM »
https://www.npr.org/2018/02/24/588563076/memo-by-house-intelligence-committee-democrats-released-as-nunes-addresses-cpac

Trump released the democrat's memo.
Redacted, of course, so all the info that you'd want to know about alternate sources was removed.  Cause Dems.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: February 28, 2018, 10:48:12 PM »
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/ap-fact-check-trump-twists-words-fox-news-53367375

When ya gotta misquote the only news network who kisses your ass just to make yourself look good.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: March 02, 2018, 06:58:26 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/01/trump-puts-nra-on-defensive-with-stunning-gun-comments.html

Trump: "Let's take their guns before due process."
Trump: "You people are afraid of the NRA."
Trump: "Work with Democrats.  Get their stuff in."

Everyone else: WTF?

But by Friday, the White House said "Nah, Trump met with the NRA leaders and backed out of everything he just said."

Offline Cain

• This is the line of division.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: March 03, 2018, 08:42:54 PM »
Mighty suspicious if you ask me. Then again, pretty much everything about the Trump administration seems pretty suspicious.
You just made my list, buddy.  >:(
this world does not have room for another mind as intelligent as yours.

I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: March 06, 2018, 07:13:37 AM »

Offline Cain

• View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: March 06, 2018, 05:27:51 PM »
https://www.npr.org/2018/03/05/591001865/ex-trump-campaign-aide-vows-to-fight-mueller-subpoena-in-tv-tirades

Kinda like...what?
He said he was summoned to a hearing before the grand jury, and will not show up. I'm not a lawyer, but isn't that contempt of the court?

Offline nickrulercreator

• It's round. That much is true.
    • View Profile
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space. If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you will not go to space today.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #2610 on: March 07, 2018, 01:21:32 AM »
We live in a sitcom
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: March 07, 2018, 05:20:07 AM »
We live in a sitcom
And its not even a good one.

Offline nickrulercreator

• It's round. That much is true.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: March 07, 2018, 04:58:26 PM »
We live in a sitcom
And its not even a good one.

Are any sitcoms even that good?
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space. If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you will not go to space today.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: March 09, 2018, 11:39:01 AM »
https://www.npr.org/2018/03/08/592137603/kim-jong-un-extends-invite-to-president-trump-south-korean-officials-say

Well shit.
I gotta give Trump props on this.  I guess threatening North Korea with fire and destruction actually worked.  Go figure.

Rama Set

« Reply #2614 on: March 09, 2018, 12:31:18 PM »
https://www.npr.org/2018/03/08/592137603/kim-jong-un-extends-invite-to-president-trump-south-korean-officials-say

Well shit.
I gotta give Trump props on this.  I guess threatening North Korea with fire and destruction actually worked.  Go figure.

What makes you think it’s Trump’s “diplomacy” that carved the path for this?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: March 09, 2018, 12:43:08 PM »

Well shit.

What makes you think it’s Trump’s “diplomacy” that carved the path for this?

2 Reasons.
1. It's actually happening.  I mean, why would Kim Jong Un even suggest it if he didn't feel pressured/threatened to do it?  (Except in the case where he wants to assassinate Trump)

2. From the article:
"I explained to President Trump that his leadership and his maximum pressure policy, together with international solidarity, brought us to this juncture," Chung said. "I expressed [South Korean] President Moon Jae-in's personal gratitude for President Trump's leadership."
South Korea basically is giving Trump credit for this.

Honestly it's probably something like:

"Look, Trump is a crazy nut job who will nuke your country.  Make peace or you'll be dead."

Rama Set

« Reply #2616 on: March 09, 2018, 01:05:08 PM »
1. Just spitballing, but perhaps he has recognized that it is a good and productive move for his country.

2. I don’t know why I should take a prepared statement by a South Korean minister as solid evidence for what is motivating Kim Jong Un. I don’t think they talk much.

It seems more likely to me that reported starvation and hardships inflicted by years of sanctions are taking their toll. That the DPRK’s elite are even starting to feel it now. Who knows though?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: March 13, 2018, 07:18:26 PM »
Well, Rex Tillerson is out.
Being replaced by the CIA head (cause that isn't concerning...)
CIA head being replaced by sitting senator.  Yet another race!

Offline Cain

• View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: March 13, 2018, 11:47:29 PM »
Well, Rex Tillerson is out.
Being replaced by the CIA head (cause that isn't concerning...)
CIA head being replaced by sitting senator.  Yet another race!
What I don't get is why would you be firing people when you have 250 unfilled positions? Isn't that counter-intuitive? RIP American democracy, press F to pay respects.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: March 14, 2018, 09:12:22 PM »
https://pagesix.com/2018/03/14/donald-trump-jr-and-wife-headed-for-divorce-friends-say/

Holy shit, what a woofer. I would have thought Junior could do better anyway, unless mannishness is his thing.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)