Offline Rekt

• View Profile
The Moon Landing was REAL.
« on: February 07, 2017, 01:46:21 PM »
Three basic arguments that I have not yet seen thoroughly refuted:
If NASA can fake great acheivments, then why haven't they faked, say, a Mars landing?
Why didn't the USSR discredit the moon landing? They had the ability to track the lander in, and the command module back, and never said it was fake. They were mortal enemies of the US at the time, and refutation of the moon landing would have been a propaganda coup for the Soviets.
Why, when hundreds of thousands of people worked on the Apollo missions, has nobody ever said that it was fake? No scientist on their deathbed, no anonymous engineer, there are no credible sources of workers exposing it as fake.

totallackey

Re: The Moon Landing was REAL.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 04:39:44 PM »
If NASA can fake great acheivments, then why haven't they faked, say, a Mars landing?
Why didn't the USSR discredit the moon landing? They had the ability to track the lander in, and the command module back, and never said it was fake. They were mortal enemies of the US at the time, and refutation of the moon landing would have been a propaganda coup for the Soviets.
Why, when hundreds of thousands of people worked on the Apollo missions, has nobody ever said that it was fake? No scientist on their deathbed, no anonymous engineer, there are no credible sources of workers exposing it as fake.

It is not acheivments, it is achievements.

They will soon fake a Mars landing.

See Capricorn One.

The USSR was never a mortal enemy of the US and there is no proof of that. The US/USSR never engaged each other in a war.

I want proof that hundreds of thousands of people have worked for NASA.

Credible as in meeting your subjective definition of the word.

Offline Rekt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 05:46:20 PM »

See Capricorn One.

The USSR was never a mortal enemy of the US and there is no proof of that. The US/USSR never engaged each other in a war.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budget_of_NASA#NASA_employment
Draw what conclusions you would, it is well cited. They engaged indirectly in wars. Give me credible evidence that they weren't. I have every history book on the matter behind me.

totallackey

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 07:16:55 PM »

See Capricorn One.

Draw what conclusions you would, it is well cited. They engaged indirectly in wars. Give me credible evidence that they weren't. I have every history book on the matter behind me.

Okay, your source for employment is Wikipedia, for one.

Two, you stated 100's.

Have you lost track of place holders in identifying numbers?

Name the wars.

Offline Rekt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 07:22:09 PM »

See Capricorn One.

Okay, your source for employment is Wikipedia, for one.

Two, you stated 100's.

Have you lost track of place holders in identifying numbers?

Name the wars.
Vietnam. The North Vietnamese were Soviet and Chinese funded.
Korea, the Chinese were given Soviet equipment which they gave to North Korea.

totallackey

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 11:59:16 AM »
Okay.

I see you ignore the numbers issue.

Hundreds of thousands of employees over the course of many years, if you accept Wikipedia as a genuine source.

China and the USSR, according to the sources you rely on in claiming the existence of the fictional "Cold War,", were, if anything, even more adversarial than the US/USSR.

Nixon went to China for cryin out loud.

Also buddy/buddy with Brezhnev and a lot of criminal gang leaders here in the US.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 01:11:32 PM »
Okay.

Hundreds of thousands of employees over the course of many years, if you accept Wikipedia as a genuine source.

China and the USSR, according to the sources you rely on in claiming the existence of the fictional "Cold War,", were, if anything, even more adversarial than the US/USSR.

Also buddy/buddy with Brezhnev and a lot of criminal gang leaders here in the US.
I do have to wonder though,

what on earth have NASA, satellites and the moon landings got to do with the shape of the earth? A big fat nothing!

Anyone with even a little knowledge on the matter knows that since a few hundred BC there has been little question that the earth is a globe.

Even in th early western church, with the writings of "the Venerable Bede" etc, it is clear that the Globe was accepted as the shape of the earth and
 to around 1000 AD, at least, the early Muslim astronomers, with Al Biruni et al, certainly believed the same.

So, all you fuss about NASA etc, is just a big waste of your time!

Offline Rekt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 01:49:19 PM »
Okay.

Again, this exposes one of the many horrible holes in your understanding of history. Ever heard of the Sino-Soviet split? From 1960-1989, relations deteriorated between the USSR and China. They were still friends enough to ship supplies to the Viet Cong in 1970. Nixon went to China to drive a wedge between the two countries. Delegates still visit other countries even if they are at odds, that's the way international politics works. China and the US still have bad relations today.

totallackey

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 02:27:49 PM »

what on earth have NASA, satellites and the moon landings got to do with the shape of the earth? A big fat nothing!

Please direct this diatribe to the OP.

I am trying to stay on topic.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2017, 10:49:40 PM »

That's a diatribe? You ain't seen a diatribe yet!

But, why should I direct it at the OP, you are the one making a big fuss about the moon landings and NASA.

totallackey

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2017, 10:55:47 AM »

That's a diatribe? You ain't seen a diatribe yet!

But, why should I direct it at the OP, you are the one making a big fuss about the moon landings and NASA.

The OP brought the topic up.

I did not.

I addressed the point raised in the OP and offered an alternative view.

Offline Rekt

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2017, 01:44:39 PM »
Okay.

Anyone with even a little knowledge on the matter knows that since a few hundred BC there has been little question that the earth is a globe.

Even in th early western church, with the writings of "the Venerable Bede" etc, it is clear that the Globe was accepted as the shape of the earth and
 to around 1000 AD, at least, the early Muslim astronomers, with Al Biruni et al, certainly believed the same.

Well one of the major points of the "conspiracy" is that all NASA photos showing the shape of the earth are flat. If I can pick that apart successfully, their entire theory unravels, and it's an EASY target.