Re: Wall Street v Wall Street Bets
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2021, 07:50:21 PM »
I am right there with you fine folks.

Down with the cleptocracy (aka plutocracy, oligarchy, MIC, capitalist "democracy")

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2021, 01:25:52 PM »
I should have done more research before sounding off about this. You guys are right, it's a blatant double standard in favor of "established" wealthy investors. I think I'm just biased against meme communities in general after "ironic" meme culture played a big role in getting Trump elected, but that's no reason not to call out bullshit when we see it. It's nice to see some Democrats and Republicans united in fighting this.

The only thing both parties are united about is making sure this can't happen again: by crushing retail investors with even more regulations. inb4 shares are for accredited investors only, regulated in some act with an ironic name, like Retail Investor Protection Act or Consumer Preservation Act.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2021, 03:11:30 PM »
The REDDIT Act.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.