Offline Action80

• View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #9780 on: July 29, 2022, 11:21:36 AM »
Just curious.. how would YOU define a fake elector if you claiming to be an elector when you aren't doesn't make you a fake elector.
There is no such thing as a "fake," elector.

There is such a thing as an elector that is not recognized.
So what you're saying is that if I claim to be an elector, with forged documentation, I'm not a fake elector?  If I blackmail the appointed elector and take his place, that's not fake?  If no fake elector can exist, then that means that anyone who is recognized as an elector by anyone is automatically an elector.

Therefore, I appoint you,  Action80, an elector.  I recognize you as such.
What "forged documentation?"

The documentation is what it is.

As an elector, you become recognized by the body in charge of recognizing the electors.

The official documentation, signed by the governor, of which electors are selected for the state, of course.
Oh, so the governor is signing the slate, not Trump.

?? Have I said otherwise?
Trump can't appoint electors.  Or verify them.  Or sign the Certificate of Ascertainment.
Oh, kinda shoots the foot of the story of the DOJ investigating Trump in any involvement.

Why?
Are you saying that one can't be involved in a crime unless one is there, physically doing the crime?
No, I am writing that proposing or submitting any slate of electors is perfectly legal.

There is no crime of fake electors.

It is all fake news.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9781 on: July 29, 2022, 12:46:03 PM »
It is all fake news.

Unbelievable...

It's just like all the suckers that fell for Trump's bullshit get-rich-quick scams.
But this time it's even more spectacular. Trump's people are on a nationally released video openly talking about what a scam it is and yet the dumbass suckers still sign up.

"It's not a scam! This time Trump's telling the truth! I'm going to flip my way to financial independence using the Donald's proven foreclosure real estate techniques. I'll make my $10,000 back in the first week."

The Trumpians remind me of the old saying:
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me over and over again means I'm a hopeless fucking idiot.

Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Rama Set

« Reply #9782 on: July 29, 2022, 02:24:42 PM »
No, I am writing that proposing or submitting any slate of electors is perfectly legal.

It is all fake news.

They are investigating Obstructing an official proceeding.  Being purposely obtuse is so weak.  You should really be brave enough to deal with the actual news and not just disagreeing to own the libs.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9783 on: July 29, 2022, 03:28:55 PM »
Just curious.. how would YOU define a fake elector if you claiming to be an elector when you aren't doesn't make you a fake elector.

So what you're saying is that if I claim to be an elector, with forged documentation, I'm not a fake elector?  If I blackmail the appointed elector and take his place, that's not fake?  If no fake elector can exist, then that means that anyone who is recognized as an elector by anyone is automatically an elector.

As an elector, you become recognized by the body in charge of recognizing the electors.

The official documentation, signed by the governor, of which electors are selected for the state, of course.

Trump can't appoint electors.  Or verify them.  Or sign the Certificate of Ascertainment.
Oh, kinda shoots the foot of the story of the DOJ investigating Trump in any involvement.

Why?
Are you saying that one can't be involved in a crime unless one is there, physically doing the crime?

It is all fake news.

Who submits them?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #9784 on: July 29, 2022, 03:34:56 PM »
It is all fake news.

Unbelievable...

It's just like all the suckers that fell for Trump's bullshit get-rich-quick scams.
But this time it's even more spectacular. Trump's people are on a nationally released video openly talking about what a scam it is and yet the dumbass suckers still sign up.

"It's not a scam! This time Trump's telling the truth! I'm going to flip my way to financial independence using the Donald's proven foreclosure real estate techniques. I'll make my $10,000 back in the first week."

The Trumpians remind me of the old saying:
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me over and over again means I'm a hopeless fucking idiot.
It's increasingly clear that Trumpism is a cult. The members don't see themselves that way but...I guess that's one of the things about being in a cult, you don't know you're in one.
Trump's thing about being able to shoot someone on 5th Avenue and it not costing him any votes was depressingly accurate - and a big clue to it all being a cult.
Most people assess leaders in the light of their actions. Not Trumpians. Trump is  their leader and the follow him unquestioningly. So the things he says and does are good...because it's Trump doing them.
Thankfully I can't see him getting anywhere near a second term so as damaging as this has all been for the country, in time I'd like to think that damage can be repaired.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline WTF_Seriously

• Nobody Important
    • View Profile
« Reply #9785 on: July 29, 2022, 04:54:30 PM »
Thankfully I can't see him getting anywhere near a second term

Never underestimate the stupidity of the American voter.
Flat-Earthers seem to have a very low standard of evidence for what they want to believe but an impossibly high standard of evidence for what they don’t want to believe.

Lee McIntyre, Boston University

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #9786 on: July 29, 2022, 05:06:49 PM »

Ha. Well yes, the UK voters are similarly idiotic.
But...it seems unlikely the Republican party would touch him again after January 6th. And even if they did, while all the cult members will still vote for Trump I doubt many others will. Trump won in 2016 in part because of an "anyone but Hillary" vote. If the Dems put anyone vaguely palatable then they would surely beat Trump even if he did stand.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9787 on: July 29, 2022, 05:07:39 PM »

There is an idea among some Democrats that if we can get Trump elected as the Republican nominee then the Republicans will certainly lose the presidential race.
The problem is that we can't count on the Democrats not to do something stupid like nominating Darth Vader or Kim kardashian.
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #9788 on: July 29, 2022, 05:32:14 PM »

It is all fake news.

They are investigating Obstructing an official proceeding.  Being purposely obtuse is so weak.  You should really be brave enough to deal with the actual news and not just disagreeing to own the libs.
The proceeding includes the process of recognizing electors.

Electors are submitted and then either recognized or not recognized.

No proceeding was obstructed.

Now you are miraculously claiming that someone doing their required job is an obstruction of the process!

LOL!!!

Being purposefully obtuse is indeed very weak and you should stop.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 05:38:57 PM by Action80 »

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #9789 on: July 29, 2022, 05:35:36 PM »

Why?

It is all fake news.

Who submits them?
Well, you are here writing about it.

I thought you would have already known that.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9790 on: July 29, 2022, 05:52:32 PM »

I know who is legally able to submit it.  Just curious if you do.

So what do you call people, who claim to be electors from state representatives, who are not on the official certificate signed by the legally responsible person?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 06:27:15 PM by Lord Dave »
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #9791 on: July 29, 2022, 05:54:47 PM »

It is all fake news.

The proceeding includes the process of recognizing electors.

Electors are submitted and then either recognized or not recognized.

No proceeding was obstructed.

Now you are miraculously claiming that someone doing their required job is an obstruction of the process!

LOL!!!

Being purposefully obtuse is indeed very weak and you should stop.

The electors submitted for approval are those certified by the State and submitted to the electoral college. Not some boot-lickers that Trump decides to submit for the express purpose of fomenting confusion and dissent. Again, your desire to appear more ignorant and obtuse than you actually are is a terrible tactic that makes you seem ignorant, stupid or worse.

Also, holy shit Lord Dave and Action69, clean up your disgusting quote pyramid otherwise the thread might literally stop loading on mobile devices.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #9792 on: July 29, 2022, 06:40:41 PM »

So what do you call people, who claim to be electors from state representatives, who are not on the official certificate signed by the legally responsible person?
I would call that fake news.

Do you have some evidence electors made it to any official certificate?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #9793 on: July 29, 2022, 06:53:29 PM »
The electors submitted for approval are those certified by the State and submitted to the electoral college. Not some boot-lickers that Trump decides to submit for the express purpose of fomenting confusion and dissent. Again, your desire to appear more ignorant and obtuse than you actually are is a terrible tactic that makes you seem ignorant, stupid or worse.
But Trump doesn't submit electors.

Glad we got that cleared up.

You can now stop repeating fake news.

Rama Set

« Reply #9794 on: July 29, 2022, 07:40:07 PM »
But Trump doesn't submit electors.

Glad we got that cleared up.

You can now stop repeating fake news.

They are investigating the matter. That’s all that I have claimed.

There was an entire session of Congress on Jan. 6, 2021 devoted to unsealing the certificates of ascertainment and certifying electors. If you wish to view the certificates of ascertainment, you would have to contact the Office of the Federal Register and perhaps file a FOIA request.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9795 on: July 29, 2022, 07:46:00 PM »

I mean, I assume so.  Would be kinda odd for the governors of all 50 states to submit certificates with no names on them, and for Pence to submit blank documents.  But hey!  Anything's possible I guess.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #9796 on: July 29, 2022, 08:06:47 PM »
No, you claimed Trump submits electors.
Not some boot-lickers that Trump decides to submit...
Direct quote.

Trump doesn't submit electors.

No president does.

So now, not only are you repeating fake news (news with no substance) you are making fake claims about the entire process.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 08:09:49 PM by Action80 »

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #9797 on: July 29, 2022, 08:41:22 PM »
Here’s about a 5 foot long timeline of events, an excerpt:

Timeline: False Alternate Slate of Electors Scheme, Donald Trump and His Close Associates

NEW: 13. UNDATED: “At the president’s direct request, the RNC assisted the campaign in coordinating this effort.” the House Select Committee counsel stated in reference to an [undated] phone call with Trump, Eastman, and Ronna Romney McDaniel, chairwoman of the Republican National Committee. McDanied testified: , says in a taped interview that on a call with Trump, that Trump truend the call over to Eastman who “talk[ed] about the importance of the RNC helping the campaign gather these contingent electors in case any of the legal challenges that were ongoing changed the result of any of the dates.” She said she understood “the campaign did take the lead and we just were helping them in that role” (Transcript of Day 4, January 6 Committee Hearings).

19. By Dec. 11, 2020: An admission of involvement in a footnote in Trump’s court filing an emergency petition in Wisconsin.

Two notes:

Note 1. The petition describes the electors certifications as based on the contingency of a “later determination” that they are the duly appointed electors for their state. However, the Trump campaign pressured (unsuccessfully) the Pennsylvania false electors to drop any reference to such a caveat in their certification document (see below).

Note 2. In reference to a “later determination,” the petition does not say determined by whom. It leaves open that the determination will be made by state legislatures or Congress/the President of the Senate VP Pence, which would accord with the Chesebro and Eastman memos.

Trump had direct involvement in Eastman’s fake electors scheme.

Rama Set

« Reply #9798 on: July 29, 2022, 09:23:24 PM »
Direct quote.

No president does.

This is the substance of the allegation. That Trump and his cronies conspired to submit a fake slate of electors to congress with the express purpose of obstructing the certification of the electoral votes. You have finally caught up.

So now, not only are you repeating fake news (news with no substance) you are making fake claims about the entire process.

Incorrect. The DOJ is indeed investigating the matter. That is substantially true and that is what the news reported. It isn’t fake and I haven’t misrepresented that. But keep on being a Trump lackey.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9799 on: July 29, 2022, 10:20:32 PM »
Direct quote.

No president does.

Trump doesn't fire missiles from dones either, but he can order such things to happen.