Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Bye Bye Abortion
« Reply #600 on: August 06, 2022, 04:18:37 PM »
Aww did da bad word hurt your feelings?

I did watch your video by the way. It begs the question if you understand how time works or not. Please let us know.
Not at all.

Still refraining from profanity, the video actually begs the question as to whether or not you know how time works...

So, please, let us know.

Yeah. I gave you a timeline. Feel free to discuss it in detail. This law passing has no effect on the abortion done over a month before.

I take it back, maybe it’s entropy and not time that is giving you fits. So, just so you know, events in the present or future can not affect events in the past.
Now that you have posted the timeline, you can elucidate on how a person would or should travel from a state where, according to the media, abortion was not banned.

She travelled from Ohio to have an abortion in Indiana. You know that right?
According to the media, yes she did.

The question is why?

According to the media, Indiana is the first state to ban abortion, as of yesterday.

Meaning abortion wasn't banned in Ohio.
And once again, you're wrong.

https://www.npr.org/2022/08/06/1116132623/indiana-becomes-1st-state-to-approve-abortion-ban-post-roe?t=1659802505593

To approve, post roe.  This means trigger laws put on the books prior as well as other restrictions, don't count.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #601 on: August 06, 2022, 04:31:13 PM »
According to the media, Indiana is the first state to ban abortion, as of yesterday.

Because the Ohio heartbeat abortion law is vague enough that it was hard to know if the 10 year old would qualify for an exception.  The fact that Ohio looked at charging the Indiana doctor with a crime suggests that she probably would not have.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/07/14/what-ohio-law-says-about-10-year-old-rape-victim-abortion/
Posting an article that happens to quote the AG of Ohio stating the law is exactly the opposite of what you claim it to be really doesn't support your post.

In fact, it just lends further credence to the notion the whole story, to begin with, is just a pile of bull cookies, highlighting the fact there is no limit as to what the CIA/military/media/industrial complex will spew in an effort to achieve their idea of utopia.

But thanks anyway.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 04:43:55 PM by Action80 »
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 06, 2022, 04:33:58 PM »

https://www.npr.org/2022/08/06/1116132623/indiana-becomes-1st-state-to-approve-abortion-ban-post-roe?t=1659802505593

To approve, post roe.  This means trigger laws put on the books prior as well as other restrictions, don't count.
Actually, I am right.
Oh my god!!!

Even the media cannot keep track of its narrative...
So, here the media was applying the word - BAN.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 06, 2022, 05:11:58 PM »

Because the Ohio heartbeat abortion law is vague enough that it was hard to know if the 10 year old would qualify for an exception.  The fact that Ohio looked at charging the Indiana doctor with a crime suggests that she probably would not have.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/07/14/what-ohio-law-says-about-10-year-old-rape-victim-abortion/
Posting an article that happens to quote the AG of Ohio stating the law is exactly the opposite of what you claim it to be really doesn't support your post.

In fact, it just lends further credence to the notion the whole story, to begin with, is just a pile of bull cookies, highlighting the fact there is no limit as to what the CIA/military/media/industrial complex will spew in an effort to achieve their idea of utopia.

But thanks anyway.
Even if it would have been legal in Ohio, what's the big deal about going to another state where abortion is still legal?
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 06, 2022, 05:19:44 PM »

Actually, I am right.
Oh my god!!!

Yes.  It was a ban, passed as a trigger law in 2019.

https://www.ualrpublicradio.org/local-regional-news/2022-06-24/arkansans-one-of-13-states-with-abortion-trigger-laws-local-officials-react
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 06, 2022, 06:50:55 PM »

But thanks anyway.
Even if it would have been legal in Ohio, what's the big deal about going to another state where abortion is still legal?
Yeah, what is the big deal?

Why did the media even put this report out if it is not that big of a deal?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 06, 2022, 06:52:18 PM »

Actually, I am right.
Oh my god!!!

Okay, thanks for confirming the media cannot get their story straight.

Rama Set

« Reply #607 on: August 06, 2022, 08:03:55 PM »
Lackey has gone from this being the deep state reprogramming sheeple to complaining that the first ban passed after Roe v Wade was called the first ban after Roe v Wade. It’s a display of incompetence that may never be rivaled.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 06, 2022, 08:18:32 PM »
Lackey has gone from this being the deep state reprogramming sheeple to complaining that the first ban passed after Roe v Wade was called the first ban after Roe v Wade. It’s a display of incompetence that may never be rivaled.
Labeling the obvious facts I share as incompetence is mildly humorous. Thanks for the chuckle.

You can only have one first.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 08:32:21 PM by Action80 »

Rama Set

« Reply #609 on: August 06, 2022, 08:32:54 PM »
Labeling the obvious facts I share as incompetence is mildly humorous. Thanks for the chuckle.

I’m not labeling the facts you share as incompetence because that is nonsensical. I wonder what the next set of mental gymnastics you will attempt to perform to try and minimize the story of this girl, though. You’ve done a whole tumbling routine and fallen at every attempt.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #610 on: August 07, 2022, 04:59:19 AM »

I’m not labeling the facts you share as incompetence because that is nonsensical. I wonder what the next set of mental gymnastics you will attempt to perform to try and minimize the story of this girl, though. You’ve done a whole tumbling routine and fallen at every attempt.
Given the details of how the media has portrayed the issue, using hyperbole at every turn, it seems the tumbling routine comment is misdirected.

I am neither falling or failing here.

Abortion isn't even banned yet, is it?

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: August 07, 2022, 07:10:59 AM »

Actually, I am right.
Oh my god!!!

Its straight.
Laws were passed to ban abortion before and after the Roe reversal.  How is that hard to understand?

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 07, 2022, 08:57:57 AM »

Will be in Tennessee in a couple of weeks:

Abortion in Tennessee will be illegal from fertilization beginning August 25, 2022, thirty days after the Tennessee Attorney General notified the Tennessee Code Commission that Roe v. Wade was overturned on June 24, 2022,[1][2][3][4] a notification that occurred on July 26, 2022.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 07, 2022, 09:03:50 AM »

Actually, I am right.
Oh my god!!!

Its straight.
Laws were passed to ban abortion before and after the Roe reversal.  How is that hard to understand?
The word first is used when reporting.

And abortion is not banned.

So, it isn't straight.

How is that hard to understand?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 09:14:19 AM by Action80 »

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #614 on: August 07, 2022, 09:05:04 AM »

Will be in Tennessee in a couple of weeks:

Abortion in Tennessee will be illegal from fertilization beginning August 25, 2022, thirty days after the Tennessee Attorney General notified the Tennessee Code Commission that Roe v. Wade was overturned on June 24, 2022,[1][2][3][4] a notification that occurred on July 26, 2022.
Oh, so the Indiana thing is just fake news, right?

And even then, abortion will not be banned or even illegal in Tennessee.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 09:13:29 AM by Action80 »

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: August 07, 2022, 03:36:57 PM »
It has been in Ohio since 2019.
Abortion in Ohio is illegal after embryonic cardiac activity can be detected, which typically occurs around six weeks of pregnancy. On April 11, 2019, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine signed the Human Rights and Heartbeat Protection Act, which bans abortion in the state after an embryonic cardiac activity is detectable. On June 24, 2022, after the Supreme Court of the United States overturned Roe v. Wade, judge Michael R. Barrett lifted a preliminary injunction that had blocked state officials from enforcing the law against certain abortion providers, allowing the Human Rights and Heartbeat Protection Act to take full effect
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #616 on: August 07, 2022, 04:02:32 PM »
It has been in Ohio since 2019.
Abortion in Ohio is illegal after embryonic cardiac activity can be detected, which typically occurs around six weeks of pregnancy. On April 11, 2019, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine signed the Human Rights and Heartbeat Protection Act, which bans abortion in the state after an embryonic cardiac activity is detectable. On June 24, 2022, after the Supreme Court of the United States overturned Roe v. Wade, judge Michael R. Barrett lifted a preliminary injunction that had blocked state officials from enforcing the law against certain abortion providers, allowing the Human Rights and Heartbeat Protection Act to take full effect
I refer you back to the following:

The article you posted here in this post: https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?action=post;quote=269181;topic=19337.580;last_msg=269223

The definition of ban found here: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ban

Abortion is not banned in the US, at all, period, end of sentence.

Also, if your claim was true, media is demonstrated to have no credibility, not worthy of respect.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 07, 2022, 04:34:16 PM »

Actually, I am right.
Oh my god!!!

Its straight.
The word first is used when reporting.
Yes.  First after roe.
To put in simply... You can take a shit on Saturday, then on Monday say "this is my first shit since the new week began" while shitting in the morning.

Is in some places, yes.

So, it isn't straight.

With the amount of mental gymnastics you do, I'm shocked you can't do a simple tumble.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 07, 2022, 04:54:04 PM »
Yes.  First after roe.
To put in simply... You can take a shit on Saturday, then on Monday say "this is my first shit since the new week began" while shitting in the morning.
The first is the first.

But thanks for confirming that Roe v Wade certainly did not deserve the "worship and adoration," it received from those "outraged," by its removal.
Is in some places, yes.
Nah, not in the US.
So, it isn't straight.

With the amount of mental gymnastics you do, I'm shocked you can't do a simple tumble.
No mental gymnastics here, just pointing out hyperbolic reporting and commentary.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 05:46:25 PM by Action80 »

Rama Set

« Reply #619 on: August 07, 2022, 05:05:29 PM »
Lackey is doing a real God of the Gaps arguement here.