• View Profile
Bye Bye Abortion
« on: May 03, 2022, 01:43:26 PM »

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
Re: Bye Bye Abortion
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2022, 03:16:22 PM »
Obergefell will be next to be overturned, then Lawrence, then Griswold. We're racing back to the past. The majority of Americans support these rights and don't want to see them rolled back, but I don't expect it'll make a difference in any upcoming elections. Republicans have perfected the art of minority rule, and they're simply better at politics than Democrats.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 03:18:18 PM by honk »
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Online juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2022, 03:17:42 PM »
The great replacement can finally make some real progress.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2022, 03:25:15 PM »

The great Reset!
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2022, 03:32:45 PM »

We need more Planned Parenthoods in poor and minority neighborhoods. For their health or whatever.

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2022, 03:49:52 PM »
Yeah.  Clearly the racists haven't thought this one through.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2022, 05:38:37 PM »
Yeah.  Clearly the racists haven't thought this one through.

Nah.  Just have forced steralizations again.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2022, 08:53:28 PM »
Checkmate, atheists
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2022, 11:09:39 PM »
I raise you an Obama speech.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02UKgnjvk2tS5AmDv43aQGRcUdbueZbeYEiveMBL2WXaE6iX8LRmBYMJdVRpjToiQCl&id=100044322825129

Stuff like this kind of glosses over the issue as it's seen by conservatives and might point to why they refuse to see it this way. Obama talks about intensely personal decisions, but to conservatives against it it's nothing less than murder, which no one would argue is something that shouldn't be against the law.

I'm not justifying it, I just think that a real dialogue about this issue needs to weigh both perspectives, otherwise it's just preaching to the respective choir.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Rama Set

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2022, 11:47:14 PM »

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02UKgnjvk2tS5AmDv43aQGRcUdbueZbeYEiveMBL2WXaE6iX8LRmBYMJdVRpjToiQCl&id=100044322825129

Stuff like this kind of glosses over the issue as it's seen by conservatives and might point to why they refuse to see it this way. Obama talks about intensely personal decisions, but to conservatives against it it's nothing less than murder, which no one would argue is something that shouldn't be against the law.

I'm not justifying it, I just think that a real dialogue about this issue needs to weigh both perspectives, otherwise it's just preaching to the respective choir.

Since when do you care about both perspectives? lol

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2022, 07:05:06 AM »

Unfortunately the perspectives don't have equal weight.

One has "its not murder" the other is "its murder even if its a single cell.". The divide is just too great. 

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2022, 03:52:58 PM »
i don't get why it matters if it's a person or not. no person has the right to force me to donate any or all of my body to sustain their life.

I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2022, 03:54:12 PM »
i don't get why it matters if it's a person or not. no person has the right to force me to donate any or all of my body to sustain their life.
Are you seriously suggesting that abortions after 8 months of pregnancy should be allowed?
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2022, 05:58:31 PM »
Are you seriously suggesting that abortions after 8 months of pregnancy should be allowed?
If there’s some issue which means the mother will die if the baby is carried to full term then there is an argument to be made.
This is one of those issues which too many people (on both sides) pretend is very simple when it’s actually very complex
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2022, 06:02:37 PM »
If there’s some issue which means the mother will die if the baby is carried to full term then there is an argument to be made.

So if a mother gets cold feet and wants to abort her baby the day before it is due to be born, that's fine?

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2022, 06:05:40 PM »
This is one of those issues which too many people (on both sides) pretend is very simple when it’s actually very complex
Yes, that was my point.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2022, 06:10:56 PM »

So if a mother gets cold feet and wants to abort her baby the day before it is due to be born, that's fine?
I’m sure one of us knows how you got that from my post, but it isn’t me.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2022, 06:11:25 PM »
no person has the right to force me to donate any or all of my body to sustain their life.

This simply isn't true. The government forces you to sustain various individuals you are obligated towards with your body all the time (through the demand of your labor). For example: child support and alimony. There is no difference between being forced to take care of a child inside your body versus outside of it. The idealistic trope of "bodily autonomy" simply doesn't exist outside of a purely anarchical system (and even then, there'd likely be some non-government entity forcing your body to do all sorts of things in that system as well).

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2022, 06:38:18 PM »
no person has the right to force me to donate any or all of my body to sustain their life.

This simply isn't true. The government forces you to sustain various individuals you are obligated towards with your body all the time (through the demand of your labor). For example: child support and alimony. There is no difference between being forced to take care of a child inside your body versus outside of it. The idealistic trope of "bodily autonomy" simply doesn't exist outside of a purely anarchical system (and even then, there'd likely be some non-government entity forcing your body to do all sorts of things in that system as well).

Except adoption is a thing.
So is child services taking away your right to be a parent.

So I disagree: the governemnt doesn't force you to care for your child so much as punishes you for harming it intentionally.