Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
Re: Help Me debunk this stupid video
« Reply #160 on: December 06, 2018, 01:39:47 PM »

Watch the watch. And the water.
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 07, 2018, 12:28:32 PM »
OK. What are we looking for?
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 12, 2018, 03:30:54 PM »

The behaviour of the watch cannot be accounted for with any claim of wires etc. holding it up, down or sideways. It's following its own path, totally unhindered by gravity.

Likewise the water.

Nearly?

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 12, 2018, 06:25:24 PM »

The behaviour of the watch cannot be accounted for with any claim of wires etc. holding it up, down or sideways. It's following its own path, totally unhindered by gravity.

Likewise the water.
But their behavior can be accounted for with CGI and augmented reality.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 12, 2018, 07:32:16 PM »

Likewise the water.

Water and Hair have been the Holy Grail of CGI FX for a long time. Thank Cameron for beginning to crack the code on water (Liguid) CGI starting with T2 and the Abyss and really doing amazing stuff with the Atlantic in Titanic. Thank Pixar for hair starting with Monsters INC. Fast forward to today and still, the motion capture (mocap) and sheer processing power required to do even just the water bit in this video is still astounding. Not that it couldn't be done. But not easy to do so as convincingly as it is here. Couple that with all of the effects necessary for all of the 100's of hours of live and recorded ISS footage, it would be far cheaper, less labor intensive to just launch some humans up to a space station.

The only real reason an FEr tries to come up with conspiratorial ways the footage is fake is b/c the existence of humans looking back down on earth from an ISS blows the whole flat earth deal.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 13, 2018, 11:16:49 AM »
In this day and age quite possibly. Not so much back in the Skylab days from which there is plenty of footage of astronauts doing acrobatics in a way that I don't believe could have been done using harnesses in such a complicated way. Do you have any evidence of fakery other than that "it could be done"? You could apply that to anything.
When I look at Jurassic Park I don't believe the dinosaurs are real because I know there are no live dinosaurs any more.
But with this footage, I know people are real, I know rockets are real - I've seen lots of film of them and I saw a Shuttle launch personally once. I know the ISS is real, you can see it from earth and I've seen videos of it doing transits of the moon, one of those was from Jeranism so this isn't RE propaganda.
So on what basis would I think this footage fake? I believe the earth is a globe but if it wasn't it wouldn't change my life, I have no agenda here other than sticking up for the truth. All the "evidence" I have seen of fakery in ISS footage is supposition and vague assertions that fakery is possible or that "it looks fake". That isn't evidence. What actual experience an expertise do you have in analysing footage to claim with any confidence that this is fake.

As stack says, it's only because FE people *have* to think this is fake in order to maintain a FE belief. It seems to be a mess of cognitive dissonance and confirmation bias rather than based on actual evidence.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 14, 2018, 09:56:38 PM »

Likewise the water.
[/quote]

... only if you actually prove the use of CGI and/or "augmented reality" (whatever that might be)

Nearly?

« Reply #167 on: December 31, 2018, 06:17:27 PM »
It IS real.  That is why it looks real.  Don't feel stupid bc you can't "debunk" reality.