Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
Re: Explain the Circular Equator
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2016, 03:33:04 AM »
Much better, you almost had it except for that rogue centered paragraph. Legibility is better, now work on your brevity.
There is no centred paragraph.
And, what material would you suggest I leave out?

Now, what about you explaining why the AEP, if it is a map of the Flat Earth map, should show any distortion?

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2016, 07:20:51 PM »
Much better, you almost had it except for that rogue centered paragraph. Legibility is better, now work on your brevity.
There is no centred paragraph.
And, what material would you suggest I leave out?

Now, what about you explaining why the AEP, if it is a map of the Flat Earth map, should show any distortion?

I would never do that because I know the AEP is a projection based on a spherical earth. I also said in my previous posts why an official flat earth map probably doesn't exist. What else do you want from me?

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2016, 07:04:21 AM »
I would never do that because I know the AEP is a projection based on a spherical earth. I also said in my previous posts why an official flat earth map probably doesn't exist. What else do you want from me?
Nothing!

I agree that "an official flat earth map probably doesn't exist". I have claimed many times that an accurate flat earth will never exist.
Little sayings like "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear." and "you can't fit a square peg into a round hole" seem relevant.

And yet so many of the arguments involving the movements of the sun and moon, the non-existence of a South Pole, etc, etc seem implicitly based on the AEP map.

I have seen quite a few Flat Earthers claim that in a short time the Flat Earth Truth will take over the earth.
That seems a laughable proposition when Flat Earthers cannot even agree on where the continents are, how big they are or the distances between them.

This was known with reasonable accuracy back before Captain Cooks time and since then all we have done is filled in unknown places and greatly improved the accuracy.

So I guess you can offer nothing more, but you never did offer anything. You just pulled down theories without any credible alternatives and criticised formatting and presentation.

Though I see you have stopped being an earth shape agnostic to a fully fledged Flat Earther, I guess that's "progress".

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2016, 09:17:56 PM »
Just a quick addition: it's surely trivial to show you can't directly map a flat earth onto a sphere and vice versa. A flat earth either has an edge (see ice wall) or is infinite. A sphere does not have an edge on the surface ( any direction you travel you eventually end up back where you started) and it's not infinite. How do you map an edge onto a sphere?

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2016, 09:43:40 PM »
Just a quick addition: it's surely trivial to show you can't directly map a flat earth onto a sphere and vice versa. A flat earth either has an edge (see ice wall) or is infinite. A sphere does not have an edge on the surface ( any direction you travel you eventually end up back where you started) and it's not infinite. How do you map an edge onto a sphere?

I think anyone who was making a flat earth map wouldn't try to use the sphere as a starting point.

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2016, 11:17:31 PM »

I think anyone who was making a flat earth map wouldn't try to use the sphere as a starting point.

Maybe not. Of course there is a huge amount of mapping information available but has at its base a spherical earth coordinate system. Such that any map can be directly pinpointed on the surface of the spherical earth. These maps are used for all sorts of purposes by different organisations with different sorts of geographic information. Millions of journeys are done using these maps.
If you can't map them onto a flat earth you've got a problem obviously!