Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Russia Invades Ukraine
« Reply #120 on: March 09, 2014, 03:14:56 PM »
Well, back on topic. Unfortunately at this point Ukraine is pretty much toast. NATO isn't going to help them because no one wants to see WWIII. This is going to turn into Grade A cold war.

Thork

« Reply #121 on: March 09, 2014, 03:16:29 PM »
No, the US and UK will make a lot of noise, be ignored and then skulk off with their tails between their legs. This one is over. Putin 1 - 0 Western Drama Queens.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 09, 2014, 03:19:39 PM »
No, the US and UK will make a lot of noise, be ignored and then skulk off with their tails between their legs. This one is over. Putin 1 - 0 Western Drama Queens.

You just agreed with me, so why'd you start your post off with "no"? Ah, I already know, it's because your obligated to disagree with the nearest post. Sometimes without even reading it!

Thork

« Reply #123 on: March 09, 2014, 03:22:59 PM »
The no, is because it won't be a cold war. It'll be forgotten about very quickly.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 09, 2014, 03:38:19 PM »
The no, is because it won't be a cold war. It'll be forgotten about very quickly.

It'll be cold war. It has always been cold war. The idea that the cold war somehow stopped after the USSR fell is sticking your head in the sand. Russia's constant "helping" of the countries on its border is just the times when the war warms up a bit. Most of the media has already forgotten how it was when Russia was "helping" Georgia. Russia has been, and will continue to be, at odds with NATO. It threatened to nuke Ukraine in 2008 if they joined NATO.

« Reply #125 on: March 09, 2014, 03:41:34 PM »
You don't have to send NATO in to do something.

I wait with abated breath to see how the EU and the US will respond.

Economically Russia isn't in a good position. It relies on the EU and the US for a great deal of its economy (as do we). After this little episode I can see EU countries becoming less reliant on Russia for trade.

Russia may have shot itself in the foot.

Thork

« Reply #126 on: March 09, 2014, 03:46:22 PM »
It threatened to nuke Ukraine in 2008 if they joined NATO.
Just last week Ukraine threatened Russia with nuclear weapons despite the obvious handicap of it not having any.
http://www.fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/ukraine-leader-threatens-russia-with-nuclear-weapons/78181

Threats are hardly actions.

You don't have to send NATO in to do something.

I wait with abated breath to see how the EU and the US will respond.

Economically Russia isn't in a good position. It relies on the EU and the US for a great deal of its economy (as do we). After this little episode I can see EU countries becoming less reliant on Russia for trade.

Russia may have shot itself in the foot.
The UK has already said there won't be any trade sanctions. As has France, Germany and the rest of the EU. The US have also not put forward any. You need to read the news before forming opinions.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 09, 2014, 04:11:13 PM »
Just last week Ukraine threatened Russia with nuclear weapons despite the obvious handicap of it not having any.
http://www.fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/ukraine-leader-threatens-russia-with-nuclear-weapons/78181

Threats are hardly actions.

This is the strawiest of straw man arguments.

« Reply #128 on: March 09, 2014, 04:26:54 PM »
The UK has already said there won't be any trade sanctions. As has France, Germany and the rest of the EU. The US have also not put forward any. You need to read the news before forming opinions.

I said the EU will become less reliant on Russia for trade because of this little episode. Russia has shot itself in the foot. I think the EU has learnt a lesson. I said nothing about trade sanctions.

I also said I wait with abated breath at what the EU and the US is going to do.

I think you should read my post before forming an opinion.

Thork

« Reply #129 on: March 09, 2014, 04:29:20 PM »

I said the EU will become less reliant on Russia for trade because of this little episode. Russia has shot itself in the foot. I think the EU has learnt a lesson. I said nothing about trade sanctions.

I ignored your 'abated breath' comment last time but you then went on to bold it. The expression is 'bated breath'.

Being as most of London property is owned by wealthy Russians, I don't think we'll be doing very much at all. They own London.

« Reply #130 on: March 09, 2014, 04:35:05 PM »

I ignored your 'abated breath' comment last time but you then went on to bold it. The expression is 'bated breath'.

Being as most of London property is owned by wealthy Russians, I don't think we'll be doing very much at all. They own London.

If Russians own most of London do you not see how that could be used to our advantage?

Thanks for the correction you're right it should be bated breath, however the point still stands. It's obvious you knew what I actually meant as you corrected me on it.

Thork

« Reply #131 on: March 09, 2014, 04:39:38 PM »
If Russians own most of London do you not see how that could be used to our advantage?
Being as our banks are banked by the value of London properties and a fall in prices would see their balance sheets shrink making them unable to cover their loans, no. There is a reason property prices in London are not allowed to fall.

« Reply #132 on: March 09, 2014, 07:12:04 PM »
Not that I think your assumption is workable, but I thought we were trying to reduce the value of properties in London because they're over inflated.

If anything that would go to help that situation.

Thork

« Reply #133 on: March 09, 2014, 07:17:19 PM »
Reducing property prices is the last thing the banks want. They have masses of mortgage loans on their books. Putting all those properties into negative equity would mean the banks couldn't cover the loans.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 09, 2014, 07:19:59 PM »
NATO isn't going to help them because no one wants to see WWIII.
Which, to be honest, I'm quite happy about. My home country would probably be one huge battlefront if this escalated.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Thork

« Reply #135 on: March 09, 2014, 07:24:20 PM »
NATO isn't going to help them because no one wants to see WWIII.
Which, to be honest, I'm quite happy about. My home country would probably be one huge battlefront if this escalated.
??? There isn't anyone of fighting age to protect it or get hurt. They are all safe working in every other country.

« Reply #136 on: March 09, 2014, 07:40:32 PM »
Reducing property prices is the last thing the banks want. They have masses of mortgage loans on their books. Putting all those properties into negative equity would mean the banks couldn't cover the loans.

Negative equity?

Banks work on Risk exposure. If the London market over inflates the Risk exposure would be huge. Although not specific to London property inflation it's one of the reasons why we had a financial melt down in 2008. Banks do not want an over inflated property market because it increases their risk exposure (although they do like to cash in on it).

However this is getting off topic again.

The EU will probably start to steer away from Russia economically because they don't want to have the same situation (where they can't do anything without hurting themselves) again.

« Reply #137 on: March 10, 2014, 02:40:39 PM »
Each and every aspect of the war which has been planned for a long time (see for example Sir John Hackett's books, or Caspar Weinberger's Next War, or Jan van Helsing's Third Book) has to do with the Aries-Libra axis.

1912, 1913, 1940, 1948, 1968 - years with the moon eclipses occurring on the Aries-Libra axis.

Also, the last time that four blood red moons occurred together was in 1967-1968 (in 2014 – 2015 a rare sequence of Tetrad Red Blood Moon lunar eclipses will occur on the Jewish Holidays of Passover and the Sukkot  (Feast of Tabernacles) taking place on the Aries-Libra axis).

« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 10:35:32 AM by sandokhan »

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 10, 2014, 07:38:56 PM »
Oh dear. November has come at last.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #139 on: March 10, 2014, 08:01:58 PM »
sandokhan is levee.  Dionysios was 17 November.