Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Mods on this forum are biased and rubbish
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2018, 03:56:50 PM »
So I've read this whole thread and I can't sit by and stay silent any longer.
Hex.  Junker is a mod but he's also a member.  He has all the rights and privledges you do.  Thus, if he wants to call you a moron in AR, he can call you a moron in AR.  He is not bound to some higher standard you've made in your head. 

No, the rights and privileges are not equal. I can not take his posts, move them to angry ranting just for the purpose of insulting him. He can do whatever he likes with my posts.

I have no problems with moderators doing there job, and cleaning up threads, removing posts if they do not go along with the forum rules and style. That's fine. But to comment all removed posts with insulting remarks, is an abuse of the role as moderator.
I never said he didn't have MORE than you, I said he has the same as you.YOU have the right to insult him in AR.  HE has the right to insult you in AR.  Both have the same rights.  He just has a few extra powers that you do not.  But that does not mean he can't do what you can do.  He can totally do everything you can do.

And for that, I'm gonna pull a junker. 
(you know, without mod powers so you understand it can be done even by an REer.)
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline hexagon

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2018, 06:48:56 AM »
.  He can totally do everything you can do.

Yes, you're right, but I never neglected that. My point is the other way round. I never called him a moron or said "fuck you" to other people. It's not the way I prefer to communicate or discuss with other people.

What I don't like, is to be forced into such discussions. And I don't see any forum rule, that says, if you're post is removed that is followed by an insult by the moderators.

And it tells me a lot about the people here, if they think that's something needed and appreciated.

I don't know how this works in the US, but if this would be a forum in Europe, the owner of the forum would get into sever trouble for treating people in that way or tolerating that behaviour...

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2018, 07:06:33 AM »
What I don't like, is to be forced into such discussions.
Nobody's forcing you to do anything, remember?

I don't know how this works in the US, but if this would be a forum in Europe, the owner of the forum would get into sever trouble for treating people in that way or tolerating that behaviour...
Omitting the fact that "server trouble" is not really a thing, nobody would get into any sort of trouble for telling people to fuck off on a private forum.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline edby

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2018, 07:19:48 AM »
I received another warning just now.

edby,

You have received a warning for spamming. Please cease these activities and abide by the forum rules otherwise we will take further action.

Regards,
The Flat Earth Society Forum Team.

I made two posts today. One agreeing with Tom Bishop, the other posting a map of the Great India Survey. Which of these were 'spamming' please?

https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=9899.msg155075#msg155075 1st post
https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=9883.msg155079#msg155079   2nd post
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 07:22:01 AM by edby »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2018, 07:21:54 AM »
I made two posts today. One agreeing with Tom Bishop, the other posting a map of the Great India Survey. Which of these were 'spamming' please?
You know, this really isn't that hard.

https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=9899.msg155075#msg155075

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2018, 01:52:14 PM »
.  He can totally do everything you can do.

Yes, you're right, but I never neglected that. My point is the other way round. I never called him a moron or said "fuck you" to other people. It's not the way I prefer to communicate or discuss with other people.

What I don't like, is to be forced into such discussions. And I don't see any forum rule, that says, if you're post is removed that is followed by an insult by the moderators.

And it tells me a lot about the people here, if they think that's something needed and appreciated.

Seriously, did you not see what I wrote in AR?
If not, then problem solved.

Would you prefer your posts be deleted and then you insulted?  I'm sure Junker can be persuaded to do that.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2018, 01:47:29 PM »
So I have also been PM'd about spamming.

I was unable to reply so directly so here I am.

I wont post the messages again for fear that this also counts as spamming, suffice to say one was quite long and related to some debate that was being made surrounding making observations of the constellations in the Northern and Southern Hemispheres. Part of my post related to this by adding another method but then digressed into other areas. I'm not sure if this is to be deemed 'spamming' if so, geez I'm in trouble. I live to digress. It makes life so much more interesting.

So, that post was deleted I think but I managed to re-post it in the 'general' discussions topics area. I figured it might be better there as it dealt with more than one thing.

I then posted another message in the 'questions' area. This elaborated on an area touched on in my original message where I recount my efforts putting an balloon with cameras up to 100 000ft + . I end with a question relating to the observations that were made. Still no sign of spamming if you ask me!

I did look for advice on what constitutes spamming and for guidance on what the 'debate' thread should actually look like but couldn't find it. I would appreciate links if they do exist.

all in all, it seems a bit strict to warn me for spamming given that this adjective is usually reserved for more extreme 'bot' or 'troll' type behavour. My posts were made in good faith (or at least as much faith as an atheist can muster).

I await your goodly advice dear Sir's and Madam's.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2018, 01:53:18 PM »
Here's your thread. As always, no posts have been deleted, because we generally don't delete posts.

https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=9978.msg156289#msg156289

It's really not that hard to figure out.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 02:03:59 PM by Pete Svarrior »

« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2018, 07:10:11 PM »
Dear Pete,

some questions to help me move forward:

1. Where are your forum rules?

2. Where is the guidance regarding what a 'debate' question should look like. The substance of the post was concerning how observations in the North and South hemispheres can be used as evidence in the FE vs RE debate. Is it the subject heading that you objected to? Was it the discussion of what constitutes the Scientific method? Basically a bit more info would be useful.

3. Why did you change the subject heading?

If you are going to put posts written in good faith under the defamatory heading 'angry ranting' and then further nest them under newly made up subject headings you might as well delete them.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2018, 10:37:51 AM »
1. Where are your forum rules?
You explicitly agreed to follow them when you set up your account. Have you forgotten to read what you're agreeing to?

Oh well: https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=977.0

2. Where is the guidance regarding what a 'debate' question should look like.
If the majority of your post is a ramble about how you dislike FET, then it belongs in Angry Ranting.

3. Why did you change the subject heading?
It's what we do. Angry Ranting and Complete Nonsense are our "garbage dump" boards. You're not expected to care about what occurs there and, as you may have noticed, people take a very tongue-in-cheek approach to that section.

If you are going to put posts written in good faith under the defamatory heading 'angry ranting' and then further nest them under newly made up subject headings you might as well delete them.
You're always welcome to delete your own posts. Personally, I'm not going to invest too much time on dealing with spam, even if you write a passionate and loaded plea about it.