Offline Bobby Shafto

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdv72TaxoaafQr8WD
    • View Profile
    • Bobby Shafto YouTube Channel
Eastern Storm Clouds After Western Sunset
« on: August 17, 2018, 03:46:30 AM »
10 minutes after ground level sunset, thunderstorm build up 40-50 miles to the east brilliantly lit by the sun.

30 minutes after sunset, still picking up the western light:

I don't understand how a spotlight sun over a flat earth can make this happen. For me, this is just another observable phenomenon that is explicable by a spinning globe earth.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
Re: Eastern Storm Clouds After Western Sunset
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 07:14:29 AM »
Think the Electromagnetic Acceletor would explain this.
The light would bend above your head and hit the clouds.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Bobby Shafto

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdv72TaxoaafQr8WD
    • View Profile
    • Bobby Shafto YouTube Channel
Re: Eastern Storm Clouds After Western Sunset
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 09:51:38 AM »
I think the clouds would be illuminated differently if it was due to light that had an upward "trajectory" -- lit more underside and less broadside.

EA is still purely theoretical, proposed to explain light phenomena on a flat earth that would otherwise be explicable by earth's rotundity (and rotation).

Then again, a spotlight sun is an ad hoc theory as well with no empirical foundation. EAT would be much better, if it could only move beyond the hypothetical stage. At present it still isn't much more than a "magic wand" explanation.