Offline Action80

• View Profile
Re: The Taliban Won
« Reply #120 on: August 27, 2021, 10:13:58 AM »
That aha moment when you realize there are as many variants of ISIS as there are Covid.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Rama Set

« Reply #121 on: August 27, 2021, 11:17:22 AM »
That aha moment when you realize there are as many variants of ISIS as there are Covid.

So 8?

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 27, 2021, 06:48:57 PM »
After evacuations have ended, is the US military willing to stay in Afghanistan to help with the original mission of helping the Afghan people lift themselves out of poverty while maintaining human rights and human dignity?  Can we help provide NATO support which I think everybody, including the Taliban, will support if its in a peaceful, non-warring state?

Kabul airport is a good place to start.  We already have military and Taliban working together to secure the evacuations.  Perhaps we're evacuating to many people and is why bombers are acting up again.   

Are we ready for diplomacy again?  Can we accept the new power structure in Afghanistan and make peace with the Taliban for the sake of Afghani's and the 20 years work our soldiers put into Afghanistan?  I think it might be easier then everyone thinks.

I don't see why not. The republican party is now strongly pro taliban.

Seriously though in favor with negotiating with the government of Afghanistan, which is now the taliban, if it leads to less misery for their people.

Offline Tron

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 27, 2021, 08:31:25 PM »
Yeah I agree, any talks which lead to a good outcome is encouraging to me. 
From the surface Earth looks flat.  From space Earth looks round.  Now what?

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 27, 2021, 11:47:18 PM »
What did they win? I don't get it.
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline Tron

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 27, 2021, 11:58:35 PM »
Its not about who "won"...  its just about finding the best solution right now.
From the surface Earth looks flat.  From space Earth looks round.  Now what?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 28, 2021, 06:50:19 AM »
What did they win? I don't get it.

Afghanistan.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 28, 2021, 12:50:34 PM »
I wouldn't be so sure thats a win. I think Israel or US will turn it into glass over the next decade. We've been in the middle east last 30 years, why? Exactly....
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 28, 2021, 02:38:09 PM »
I wouldn't be so sure thats a win. I think Israel or US will turn it into glass over the next decade. We've been in the middle east last 30 years, why? Exactly....

Oil.
Still a big deal.  Until we all switch to electric cars.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 30, 2021, 09:53:08 PM »
The Final U.S. Military Plane Has Left Afghanistan, Marking The War's End https://www.npr.org/2021/08/30/1032367184/rockets-kabul-airport-deadline-us-troops-bomb?sc=18&f=1001

Rama Set

« Reply #130 on: September 08, 2021, 07:26:47 PM »
The Taliban will be banning women from playing sport because people might see their face or body.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/08/afghan-women-to-be-banned-from-playing-sport-taliban-say?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 08, 2021, 08:05:25 PM »
The Taliban will be banning women from playing sport because people might see their face or body.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/08/afghan-women-to-be-banned-from-playing-sport-taliban-say?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
If you can't see their face or body, you can't lust after them.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 04:20:13 AM by Lord Dave »

Rama Set

« Reply #132 on: September 10, 2021, 01:21:44 AM »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 10, 2021, 04:21:00 AM »
More Taliban 2.0 centrism on display as they ban all non-approved protests.

https://www.axios.com/taliban-bans-protests-with-no-approval-from-government-c98fb8a4-e9fd-4361-8784-e3db3a32991c.html

In fairness, America sort of does that too.  Need a permit to protest in most areas.

Rama Set

« Reply #134 on: December 06, 2021, 01:38:01 PM »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 06, 2021, 08:11:03 PM »
https://www.jurist.org/news/2021/12/armed-taliban-break-up-lawyers-press-conference-protesting-afghanistan-bar-association-takeover/

I’m seeing more and more why right-wing Americans were happy the Taliban took over.

The Taliban is Right Wing heaven.  Except they're muslim and not Christians.

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 07, 2021, 12:56:52 AM »
A distinction without a difference.

« Reply #137 on: December 10, 2021, 05:09:47 PM »

Yes.  Muslims and Christians both believe in the existence of supernatural entities
and paranormal phenomena.  Just different ones LOL.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 10, 2021, 05:12:05 PM »

Yes.  Muslims and Christians both believe in the existence of supernatural entities
and paranormal phenomena.  Just different ones LOL.

Eh. Technically the same one.  Hell, they consider Jesus to be a prophet of God.
They just go about things differently.