Re: Friendly Debate
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2016, 06:03:06 AM »

I don't see how I have exaggerated or assumed incorrectly anything you have said so far. I can go cut and paste a statement to back up everything I have spoken.

Pure drivel.  Jesus also said remove the log from your own eye before trying to remove the sliver from another's.  I am not your problem.  I am a mere peasant  disgusted with the human condition.  Your remarks are way over the top. 

Yes I would consider myself a "bigot" to damaging mentalities that can harm people. This does not mean I am not open minded.

As for hate and rage, besides them being an automatic and easy human emotion. Besides it being the one thing that will harden someone's heart, with 100s of warnings from Yahweh and Yehushua. Besides these things, which shows EVERYONE knows this emotion and should look to rebuke it because if it's damaging nature. From mid of 2015 to the first of 2016 I lost EVERY single family member I had (I am only 32). BELIEVE me, I know what hate and rage is. I just choose to listen to the warnings given about it. I know if I let it take hold even a little, I will never regain control.

My whole point of my irritated post before. You are falling into the typical "Christian" model. Self appointed, judgemental state of mind with arrogant, short sided, ignorant views. This does more damage to Yahweh and the Bible than any athiest/agnostic could do. They just let it happen, point, and say see....This is also the reason I don't consider myself "Christian" and you will never catch me in a church. Yet I consider the ultimate truth to be Yahweh/Yehushua...yet this man made "Christian " "religion" I despise. Though that is the nature of "religion" abolish that and we would be better off.

So please look at yourself and make sure you are not falling in this trap. From your words, it sure seems like you are falling or already fell.

Pure drivel.  Jesus also said remove the log from your own eye before trying to remove the sliver from another's.  I am not your problem.  I am a mere peasant  disgusted with the human condition.  Your remarks are way over the top.  I don't need you to tell me how to act or what to think.   The only knowledge you display is technocratic propaganda.   I doubt you care for anything as much as you care for your own ego.

Everyone has free will, I can't tell you how to act. Just letting you know what I observe, it's what should be done out of concern and love for a fellow humans well being. I am not the only one to observe these issues in your behavior. It is also not unusual for certain "religious " backgrounds.

If you actually had a conversation instead of spending so much time broadly condemning groups of people you might find out there are things in common. Such as maybe I agree that society is at a critical deterioration.

Also be very leery of using "justifications" of why you are a "good person". This is what the Pharisees would do. If you believe in what Yehushua has said and Yahweh, there is no such thing.

I apologize for the very brief fragmented response, I am on two days of no sleep and about to finally crash. There is obviously alot more to respond with.

Also yes I did make a unhealthy response telling you to go hug a puppy. It was made out of ignorance of your statement, yet also fueled from a long month and growing irritation not related to you or anything based from this forum. So for this I do apologize for
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 06:07:53 AM by babyhighspeed »

Offline Love

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2016, 10:30:40 AM »
Honestly, this thread has just devolved into various personal attacks stemming from both parties(for the most part), there's no real point to continuation of this... conversation. It's most likely that most everyone who contributed is at fault to some degree, and no one will change their opinions on the advent of science. You don't have to slander each other, it's unnecessary.
  If you don't like it don't read it.  I like to argue.   No one has ever said anything to me that caused me to lose any sleep and I doubt I can really hurt anybody.  Everyone wants to be treated with respect and we get miffed when that doesn't happen.  But nothing that goes on in a chat room like this is of any real consequence to anybody.  It is light entertainment and that is all.  By the way there are about 5 guys picking on me.  People just hate seeing their sacred cows assailed.  You be well.  Your heart is in the right place.

Offline Love

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2016, 10:40:46 AM »
Andruzkow....."This is exactly what I think is the problem with the world. People. People who for some reason feel their agenda is more righteous or pure than other people's agenda. As if their path in life and what they strive for is more correct than others, based only on something as stupid as what could be defined as "political correctness".

I have no agenda except to entertain myself.  Believe what you want.  Whether the Earth is round or flat is of no consequence to me.  I will be just as happy either way.

My thesis:  Science is a dead end.   Science is dangerous; a fact easily verified.  And scientists have no problem being bitches for the military or anyone else who would pay them to build weapons.  I hate seeing a guy like Oppenheimer garner respect as much as I hate seeing OJ Simpson or Charlie Manson get respect.   The people who hold the leash to the dogs of war are the ones who control us and they are not noble scientists in search of truth.

Me, I spent 2 yrs in the military and it sucks.  They even tell you it sucks and you are an idiot for being there.  (Honorably Discharged)
(edited because I forgot a word)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 11:09:21 AM by Love »

Offline Love

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2016, 10:43:00 AM »

I don't see how I have exaggerated or assumed incorrectly anything you have said so far. I can go cut and paste a statement to back up everything I have spoken.

Pure drivel.  Jesus also said remove the log from your own eye before trying to remove the sliver from another's.  I am not your problem.  I am a mere peasant  disgusted with the human condition.  Your remarks are way over the top. 

Yes I would consider myself a "bigot" to damaging mentalities that can harm people. This does not mean I am not open minded.

As for hate and rage, besides them being an automatic and easy human emotion. Besides it being the one thing that will harden someone's heart, with 100s of warnings from Yahweh and Yehushua. Besides these things, which shows EVERYONE knows this emotion and should look to rebuke it because if it's damaging nature. From mid of 2015 to the first of 2016 I lost EVERY single family member I had (I am only 32). BELIEVE me, I know what hate and rage is. I just choose to listen to the warnings given about it. I know if I let it take hold even a little, I will never regain control.

My whole point of my irritated post before. You are falling into the typical "Christian" model. Self appointed, judgemental state of mind with arrogant, short sided, ignorant views. This does more damage to Yahweh and the Bible than any athiest/agnostic could do. They just let it happen, point, and say see....This is also the reason I don't consider myself "Christian" and you will never catch me in a church. Yet I consider the ultimate truth to be Yahweh/Yehushua...yet this man made "Christian " "religion" I despise. Though that is the nature of "religion" abolish that and we would be better off.

So please look at yourself and make sure you are not falling in this trap. From your words, it sure seems like you are falling or already fell.

Pure drivel.  Jesus also said remove the log from your own eye before trying to remove the sliver from another's.  I am not your problem.  I am a mere peasant  disgusted with the human condition.  Your remarks are way over the top.  I don't need you to tell me how to act or what to think.   The only knowledge you display is technocratic propaganda.   I doubt you care for anything as much as you care for your own ego.

Everyone has free will, I can't tell you how to act. Just letting you know what I observe, it's what should be done out of concern and love for a fellow humans well being. I am not the only one to observe these issues in your behavior. It is also not unusual for certain "religious " backgrounds.

If you actually had a conversation instead of spending so much time broadly condemning groups of people you might find out there are things in common. Such as maybe I agree that society is at a critical deterioration.

Also be very leery of using "justifications" of why you are a "good person". This is what the Pharisees would do. If you believe in what Yehushua has said and Yahweh, there is no such thing.

I apologize for the very brief fragmented response, I am on two days of no sleep and about to finally crash. There is obviously alot more to respond with.

Also yes I did make a unhealthy response telling you to go hug a puppy. It was made out of ignorance of your statement, yet also fueled from a long month and growing irritation not related to you or anything based from this forum. So for this I do apologize for

Offline Love

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2016, 11:03:02 AM »

Thank you Baby.  I am impressed.  You have shown a little class.   I am sorry about your family.  Sincere condolences

Hate and rage are dynamic.  Trollery on the internet is petty.

I never said I was a 'good person'.    Many times in my past I wish I would have been a smarter, stronger person.  I'm not a criminal.  I threaten nobody with any violence.  I am not even a good scrapper.  I am not proselytizing.  Rather I am venting disgust.  People have been ganging up on me and I like it.  Call it a guilty pleasure.  But as far as the problems of the world go I am sure I am as guilty as anyone else for the world being a mess.

"If you actually had a conversation instead of spending so much time broadly condemning groups "  So far in these threads I am not condemning anybody.   I criticize the philosophy that science has moved the human race in a positive direction.  I think science has created a monster and people are deluded if they think otherwise.  A remark like this seems condescending and presumptuous to me.  If people wouldn't shoot their cute little digs at me I would have no problem carrying on a  decent conversation.

I condemn liars.  Oh, sure I have lied.   Sneaked cigarettes and donuts behind my wife's back...an occasional line of coke but I have never fucked anybody over.  The people who rule us are liars, thiefs, murderers and predatory perverts.  I condemn them as juris prudence aught but it won't because they control juris prudence.

Where do the lies end and the truth begin?  I do not know.  You round earthers condemn me because I won't buy the sophistries that come from those you consider authorities.  Maybe you are right.  But I do not know that and just because you say so is not compelling.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 11:12:50 AM by Love »

« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2016, 04:32:28 PM »

Thank you Baby.  I am impressed.  You have shown a little class.   I am sorry about your family.  Sincere condolences

I never said I was a 'good person'.    Many times in my past I wish I would have been a smarter, stronger person.  I'm not a criminal.  I threaten nobody with any violence.  I am not even a good scrapper.  I am not proselytizing.  Rather I am venting disgust.  People have been ganging up on me and I like it.  Call it a guilty pleasure.  But as far as the problems of the world go I am sure I am as guilty as anyone else for the world being a mess.

"If you actually had a conversation instead of spending so much time broadly condemning groups "  So far in these threads I am not condemning anybody.   I criticize the philosophy that science has moved the human race in a positive direction.  I think science has created a monster and people are deluded if they think otherwise.  A remark like this seems condescending and presumptuous to me.  If people wouldn't shoot their cute little digs at me I would have no problem carrying on a  decent conversation.

I condemn liars.  Oh, sure I have lied.   Sneaked cigarettes and donuts behind my wife's back...an occasional line of coke but I have never fucked anybody over.  The people who rule us are liars, thiefs, murderers and predatory perverts.  I condemn them as juris prudence aught but it won't because they control juris prudence.

Where do the lies end and the truth begin?  I do not know.  You round earthers condemn me because I won't buy the sophistries that come from those you consider authorities.  Maybe you are right.  But I do not know that and just because you say so is not compelling.

Funny thing is you sum me up with round earth being a motivation as "attacking" you. The funny thing is, none of my replies to you has mentioned anything about the shape of the earth.

I have spoken out against your mind set, for I consider it dangerous to yourself and others. I have already responded to this in your other thead so I will not go into detail again as it would be redundant.

I will just quickly sum up, to hate an entire group for the actions of a few from said group is a dangerous cycle. Also going by that logic, you should hate everyone and everything.

This mentality is the catalyst for the greatest atrocities in human history, rather it be for religious, political or other justifications

Offline Love

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2016, 03:33:41 PM »

Funny thing is you sum me up with round earth being a motivation as "attacking" you. The funny thing is, none of my replies to you has mentioned anything about the shape of the earth.

I have spoken out against your mind set, for I consider it dangerous to yourself and others. I have already responded to this in your other thead so I will not go into detail again as it would be redundant.

I will just quickly sum up, to hate an entire group for the actions of a few from said group is a dangerous cycle. Also going by that logic, you should hate everyone and everything.

This mentality is the catalyst for the greatest atrocities in human history, rather it be for religious, political or other justifications

I haven't "summed you up" as anything except a poster on a website.  I do not hate anybody.  I am disgusted with science proselytes preaching science has taken the world in a positive direction.  Science proselytes make me sick; a physiological response and not judgment at all.

I don't know what I am standing on.  Maybe you do.   But, even if you know I still don't know.    I will say this:  I get tremendous feelings of joy when I consider the possibility of flat earth;  it really is a very beautiful concept.  I find the flat earthers much friendlier and less judgmental than the round earthers.  Trollery does go both ways but the rounders are worse.

Anybody can be a monster.   We are all corruptible.  Any human system can be corrupted.  You blaming my 'mindset' for the calamities of the world is way over the top. 

Offline Love

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2016, 03:52:48 PM »
Here I am hugging a puppy!

Offline magic

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2016, 02:24:29 AM »
Ok, I am a relatively firm believer that the Earth is round, though I would be interested if somebody could explain to me their point of view. I have a few questions I would like to ask: Where is the proof that the Earth is flat? How would a flat Earth actually work? What causes gravity in FET? What proof do you have that RET is wrong?

My point of view in haiku.

Unknown origin
Unknown environment
No known purpose

My opinionated answers to your questions.

Where is the proof that the Earth is flat?
Fluid dynamics support a plane.

How would a flat Earth actually work?
As it does now through a managed system.

What causes gravity in FET?
FET is a wholesale ideology. On a plane, "gravity" could be be a function that is constantly being applied as static part of the environment in furtherance of management.

What proof do you have that RET is wrong?
A failure to provide a true view of the Earth as described by the RET ideology.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2016, 03:38:12 AM »
While that wasn't a haiku, the earth is in fact flat. So they key message has been conveyed.

« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2016, 06:30:03 AM »
Where is the proof that the Earth is flat?
Fluid dynamics support a plane.

Fine, I'll bite. What does fluid dynamics have to do with the flat/round earth?

How would a flat Earth actually work?
As it does now through a managed system.

Who manages it? People? Aliens? Reptilians? Amphibians?

What causes gravity in FET?
FET is a wholesale ideology. On a plane, "gravity" could be be a function that is constantly being applied as static part of the environment in furtherance of management.

Word soup is confusing. Are you trying to say that the "managers" are controlling gravity?

What proof do you have that RET is wrong?
A failure to provide a true view of the Earth as described by the RET ideology.

First, a lack of pictures doesn't prove the earth isn't round. It just proves no one has released pictures of it.
Second, there ARE quite a few pictures of the entire earth:
Lots of new pictures almost every day
A few other pictures. <-- Article also contains a good explanation of why there aren't tons more pictures.

« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2016, 06:55:12 AM »
My point of view in haiku.

Unknown origin
And unknown environment
Without a purpose

Also, I took the liberty of fixing your haiku.

Offline Venus

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2016, 04:38:54 PM »
Ok, I am a relatively firm believer that the Earth is round, though I would be interested if somebody could explain to me their point of view. I have a few questions I would like to ask: Where is the proof that the Earth is flat? How would a flat Earth actually work? What causes gravity in FET? What proof do you have that RET is wrong?

As one of only a couple of "southern hemisphere dwellers" on this forum we can completely debunk the FE Model ... and it is a model... not a theory...because in Science something only becomes a theory when it fits EVERY observation and can make predictions.

So if you have ever been to the southern hemisphere (quite unlikely) you cannot argue against the case that us southerners have ... and we DO visit the northern hemisphere... and we have observed the skies in the northern hemisphere and compared them to the skies we see..... so

The FE model cannot explain...

1. The fact that 'down' here (ie Southern Hemisphere, I am 1600km south of the Tropic of Capricorn) we cannot see Polaris, and many of the other stars which can be seen from the northern hemisphere, yet many of the stars that we can see cannot be seen from the northern hemisphere. eg http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/constellations-hemisphere-northern-southern-43823091.jpg
2. In the southern hemisphere the stars appear to rotate clockwise around the south celestial pole, whereas in the northern hemisphere the stars appear to rotate anticlockwise around the northern celestial pole (ie Polaris)
3. In the southern hemisphere we see a different view of the moon compared to the view from the northern hemisphere (https://i.imgur.com/ZPY5fvh.jpg and http://guanolad.com/stuff/moon_orientation.jpg)
4. In the southern hemisphere the phases of the moon work differently (http://resources.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/time/moon/hemispheres.html) These videos explain the Pole Star Conundrum incredibly well !!

NOT ONE flat earth believer can explain these observations without inventing magical 'gears' in the sky and other hogwash...

I am an amateur astronomer... the proof of a spherical earth can be found by observing the night time skies...buy a telescope and do what the ancient Greeks did (although they did not have telescopes)
Observe
Record your observations

The ancient Greeks knew that the earth was spherical...Eratosthenes calculated the diameter to with amazing accuracy given that he lived 300BC !!

Yhen bring your telescope down under.... THEN you can't be fooled...look at the sky and compare it to what you see in the northern hemisphere... there is only one explanation for the differences... and that is.... THE EARTH ISD A SPHERE/GLOBE

Because I live on the 'bottom' of a spinning spherical earth ...
*I cannot see Polaris, but I can see the Southern Cross
*When I look at the stars they appear to rotate clockwise, not anti-clockwise
*I see the moon 'upside down'
I've travelled to the Northern Hemisphere numerous times ... and seen how different the stars and the moon are 'up' there!
Come on down and check it out FE believers... !!

« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2016, 12:11:07 AM »
Here I am hugging a puppy!

HA HA HA!!! Ok, even though you have been a bit out of control. I give it to you on this one! Sorry been away for a little bit, otherwise would have certainly commented sooner. If you were within a certain radius, you would get a drink on me lol.

Venus's argument seems stout, nor do I have a rebuttal for him. I am interested to see if there is one (not being sarcastic I really am, seems solid)

Offline magic

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2016, 02:04:32 AM »
TotesNotReptilian,
OP: Where is the proof that the Earth is flat?
magic: Fluid dynamics support a plane.
TotesNotReptilian: Fine, I'll bite. What does fluid dynamics have to do with the flat/round earth?
Everything from brine pools, water and the air above seems to be part of a layered system that comes to rest by self leveling.

OP: How would a flat Earth actually work?
magic: As it does now through a managed system.
TotesNotReptilian: Who manages it? People? Aliens? Reptilians? Amphibians?
I don't know the composition of the "managers" of this managed system. There is however a system that suppresses individuals by diverting them and following generations through their life cycle from determining any of the three elements of the haiku. The diverting is facilitated by the choices we make, all of which end with the result of being content with a solution to the 3 unknowns.

OP: What causes gravity in FET?
magic: FET is a wholesale ideology. On a plane, "gravity" could be be a function that is constantly being applied as static part of the environment in furtherance of management.
TotesNotReptilian: Word soup is confusing. Are you trying to say that the "managers" are controlling gravity?
Gravity may be an inherent part of the environment which is in turn part of the managed system we experience.

OP: What proof do you have that RET is wrong?
magic: A failure to provide a true view of the Earth as described by the RET ideology.
TotesNotReptilian: First, a lack of pictures doesn't prove the earth isn't round. It just proves no one has released pictures of it. Second, there ARE quite a few pictures of the entire earth:
Lots of new pictures almost every day
A few other pictures. <-- Article also contains a good explanation of why there aren't tons more pictures.
NASA had an opportunity but failed to provide consistent scale in the photos they presented as genuine articles depicting the Earth. There is some work by others showing this inconsistency in scale. Providing more work in the future could mean that they either now have objectively genuine photos, or have simply persisted with insisting everything they have released was genuine despite never answering to the anomaly regarding scale. I'm biased towards them failing to furnish a genuine article and everything following is in furtherance of managing this ideology supported by group think and other frailties we suffer.

« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2016, 05:29:59 AM »
Everything from brine pools, water and the air above seems to be part of a layered system that comes to rest by self leveling.

Fyi, that's generally not what "fluid dynamics" refers to.

Regardless, yes, water tends to level out. This works equally well on a spherical earth as it does on a flat earth. On a flat earth, gravity (or UA, or whatever you want to call it) points down. Water follows gravity to the lowest point it can find. On a spherical earth, gravity points towards the center of the earth. Again, water follows gravity towards the lowest point, which in this case, is the point closest to the center of the earth.

Yes, this means there is a slight curve to all those "level" surfaces. However, the earth is big. Unless you are looking at a body of water thousands of miles long, the curvature is going to be extremely hard to detect. It will look flat.

NASA had an opportunity but failed to provide consistent scale in the photos they presented as genuine articles depicting the Earth. There is some work by others showing this inconsistency in scale. Providing more work in the future could mean that they either now have objectively genuine photos, or have simply persisted with insisting everything they have released was genuine despite never answering to the anomaly regarding scale. I'm biased towards them failing to furnish a genuine article and everything following is in furtherance of managing this ideology supported by group think and other frailties we suffer.

A source would be helpful to back up these claims.

As for the "manager" stuff... it seems like wild speculation to me. Do you have any reason to believe it besides your gut feeling?

Offline magic

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2016, 11:49:51 PM »
TotesNotReptilian,
Thanks for the correction regarding the misuse of the term Fluid Dynamics, I'm glad you received the intent of my message. As for that part of the discussion it will stop at the discussion of gravity because we will just grind gears on that we've both seen that plenty of times in a discussion on this topic and it won't be productive. Water in a large body as an ocean is difficult to properly observe as the level is being constantly disturbed by the motion of the currents creating peaks.

The comments I make regarding a management are my own and I'll leave it at that again as to not grind on something I cannot yet present with hard support (only speculative).

Regarding the comments relating to the scale of these official photos of the Earth an example is here. This has been discussed several times and I feel that this variance is an issue with determining if any of the photos are the genuine article.

Photo 1: http://eoimages.gsfc.nasa.gov/images/imagerecords/57000/57723/globe_west_2048.jpg

Photo 2: http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/styles/full_width_feature/public/thumbnails/image/187_1003705_americas_dxm.png?itok=NWzaquaC

« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2016, 02:38:19 AM »
TotesNotReptilian,
Thanks for the correction regarding the misuse of the term Fluid Dynamics, I'm glad you received the intent of my message. As for that part of the discussion it will stop at the discussion of gravity because we will just grind gears on that we've both seen that plenty of times in a discussion on this topic and it won't be productive. Water in a large body as an ocean is difficult to properly observe as the level is being constantly disturbed by the motion of the currents creating peaks.

Fair enough. I'm not a fan of the water-curvature-or-lack-thereof arguments either. The amount of expected curvature tends to be so low that neither side is ever satisfied. But that is my point. The poster you replied to was asking for proof.

The comments I make regarding a management are my own and I'll leave it at that again as to not grind on something I cannot yet present with hard support (only speculative).

Fair enough. Speculation is great as long as it is presented as such.

Regarding the comments relating to the scale of these official photos of the Earth an example is here. This has been discussed several times and I feel that this variance is an issue with determining if any of the photos are the genuine article.

Photo 1: http://eoimages.gsfc.nasa.gov/images/imagerecords/57000/57723/globe_west_2048.jpg

Photo 2: http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/styles/full_width_feature/public/thumbnails/image/187_1003705_americas_dxm.png?itok=NWzaquaC

I assume you are referring to the different sizes of North America relative to the entire earth? Assuming the earth is spherical, that can be explained by camera distance and focal length.

Closer proximity + lower focal length = stuff in the middle looks bigger.

I haven't looked at the details of each picture though, so I don't know if that is definitely the correct explanation.

geckothegeek

« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2016, 03:53:16 AM »
Since this is a "friendly debate."  :

The problem for "Round Earthers"  is that they have known that the earth is a spherical globe and they have  observed and used this fact for so long that they regard the very idea of a "Flat Earth" is absurd  because of this.

The problem for "Flat Earthers" is that they have not the opportunity or the need for the facts of a spherical globe that they regard the very idea of a "Round Earth" is absurd from what they have observed that the earth looks flat to them.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2016, 08:50:06 AM »
TotesNotReptilian,

It's all a matter of distance from earth.Yes, I agree that it would be good if NASA stated that for each photo. Here are a couple of "simulations" (using Google Earth) of earth viewed from two altitudes.

North America - 4500 miles altitude

North America - 21500 miles altitude
I tried to make these match earth pictures similar to yours. If you have access to a mounted globe of the earth. The closer picture is at an altitude of a bit over the earth's radius (this would need a wide angle lens), while second is from an altitude of over 2.5 times the diameter of the earth.

You can easily see the difference in perspective that range makes.