Offline WellRoundedIndividual

• Proverbs 13:20 is extremely relevant today.
    • View Profile
The Antarctic Ice Wall
« on: February 26, 2019, 07:24:44 PM »
Doing some light reading through the Wiki, I came across this in the section about the Ice Wall.

"and that in every direction "human ingress is barred by unsealed escarpments of perpetual ice," extending farther than eye or telescope can penetrate, and becoming lost in gloom and darkness. Some hold that the tundra of ice and snow stretches forever eternally."

First, perhaps this is more of a suggestion for improvement - where are the citations for reference? Where did the quote for "human ingress" being barred come from, and where is the evidence that supports this? It just seems a bit matter of fact, and doesn't allow me to further investigate the claim.  Sure, I could spend a bit of time googling the quote hoping to find its source., but I would expect (just as any good research paper does) is to cite the source in a footnote/bibliography with a numerical reference. Anywho, cheerio.
BobLawBlah.

Re: The Antarctic Ice Wall
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 08:04:20 PM »
Well, I searched it up and found a link to ENaG. http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za/za22.htm (Ctrl-f "ingress")
Ironically, it was a quote there as well and there's no footnote there either. I'd venture to guess it's a quote from probably Ross's logbook but who knows for sure?
As a general observation, I think there are a few more uncited quotes on the wiki that need cleaning up. Like for example on this page https://wiki.tfes.org/The_Conspiracy#Motive_of_the_Conspiracy, under the evidence section, there's an alleged quote from Reagan's science advisor about how NASA lies, but there's no citation either. A cursory search yields only references from conspiracy theory books and websites, and other forums. I've tried congress.gov, but it only has records going back to the 104th congress, and Keyworth's statement is from the 99th congress, so unless there's another database, someone's gonna have to go out and find a physical record.
We are smarter than those scientists.
I see multiple contradicting explanations. You guys should have a pow-wow and figure out how your model works.