Offline Bobby Shafto

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdv72TaxoaafQr8WD
    • View Profile
    • Bobby Shafto YouTube Channel
Re: Best Flat Earth Video's
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2018, 09:28:48 PM »
Are you saying that it is impossible to turn a blue cloud into a white cloud?
No. No radar is producing images of blue clouds that can be turned into white clouds.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2018, 10:06:32 PM »
Were you at any of the locations on the earth in the SpaceX video to verify that the cloud looked exactly like the one in the video?

Were you at any of the locations of Rowbotham's experiments, to verify that he saw what he said he saw?

The verification of the clouds in the SpaceX video is the fact that they match the output from an independent source. One is/was a set of cameras on an orbital craft at a max 6900km altitude, the other a geostationary craft at six times this distance. One operated by a private American company, one by the Japanese space agency or meteorological office. 
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2018, 10:07:41 PM »
Are you saying that it is impossible to turn a blue cloud into a white cloud?
No. No radar is producing images of blue clouds that can be turned into white clouds.

Its precipitation. Precipitation is concentrated in the clouds. Of course it can be turned into a white approximation of a cloud.

Again, you were not there. You don't know what the clouds truly and exactly looked like. We are just seeing the 'clouds' compared in one government sponsored project (SpaceX) compared to the 'clouds' from another government source.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2018, 10:11:52 PM »
The verification of the clouds in the SpaceX video is the fact that they match the output from an independent source. One is/was a set of cameras on an orbital craft at a max 6900km altitude, the other a geostationary craft at six times this distance. One operated by a private American company, one by the Japanese space agency or meteorological office.

JAXA works with NASA on its satellites and SpaceX is NASA funded. This is basically asking NASA if NASA is legitimate.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2018, 10:20:30 PM »
JAXA works with NASA on its satellites and SpaceX is NASA funded. This is basically asking NASA if NASA is legitimate.

Were you there to see the supposed collusion, co-operation or exchange of data between the parties, or is your case going to rest on loose suggestion and implication again?

SpaceX is a private company. Do you assert they are wholly funded by NASA? If so, what do you offer to support this assertion? Have you audited their books? Seen the bank transfers?

Nearly?

Offline Bobby Shafto

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2018, 10:34:24 PM »

Its precipitation. Precipitation is concentrated in the clouds. Of course it can be turned into a white approximation of a cloud.
There is no color associated with radar returns. Any color is an enhancement for visual. Doppler weather radars are not imaging clouds. They are getting returns from precipitation. The graphics produced from doppler radar are after effects, coded for visual displays by severity (light, heavy, etc.) There are certainly clouds where there is snow or rain, even if it's not reaching the earth's surface, but no video or photographic images are being produced from radar returns. It's just not happening. It's a fiction. You're either making it up or you've let yourself be mistaken.

You started by talking about OTH radar. Which is totally not true. Completely different radar technique and system. Then you introduced doppler, which is STILL not a technique that can produce the kind of earth atmosphere environmental images that SpaceX or anyone can computer-graphically project into the background of a fake space scene.  Just simply, flat out, is not possible today. That's not what radar does. 

Again, you were not there. You don't know what the clouds truly and exactly looked like. We are just seeing the 'clouds' compared in one government sponsored project (SpaceX) compared to the 'clouds' from another government source.
I don't care. Whatever alternative you want to conjure up to satellite imagery, it's not from radar.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2018, 10:50:11 PM »

There is no color associated with radar returns. Any color is an enhancement for visual. Doppler weather radars are not imaging clouds. They are getting returns from precipitation. The graphics produced from doppler radar are after effects, coded for visual displays by severity (light, heavy, etc.) There are certainly clouds where there is snow or rain, even if it's not reaching the earth's surface, but no video or photographic images are being produced from radar returns. It's just not happening. It's a fiction. You're either making it up or you've let yourself be mistaken.

You started by talking about OTH radar. Which is totally not true. Completely different radar technique and system. Then you introduced doppler, which is STILL not a technique that can produce the kind of earth atmosphere environmental images that SpaceX or anyone can computer-graphically project into the background of a fake space scene.  Just simply, flat out, is not possible today. That's not what radar does. 

I don't care. Whatever alternative you want to conjure up to satellite imagery, it's not from radar.

Maybe you should go to meterologynews.com and tell them that you know better than them.

http://meteorologynews.com/weather-technology/doppler-radar-can-detect-more-than-just-weather/

doppler weather radar is traditionally used to detect water and ice droplets in the sky – otherwise known as clouds and precipitation

or tell the authors of this paper that they were mistaken:

https://soumyabratadev.files.wordpress.com/2016/10/tencon16-radar.pdf

In this paper, we have presented a feasibility study of weather RADAR in detecting the cloud occurrence level. Weather RADAR is generally used for locating precipitation. However in our study, we have successfully used RADAR data to study the clouds and its related properties
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 11:09:08 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2018, 10:57:12 PM »
doppler weather radar is traditionally used to detect water and ice droplets in the sky – otherwise known as clouds and precipitation

Detect.

Not produce photographic imagery of. I don't see anything on that page that is even slightly similar to the output from either SpaceX or JAXA.

Nearly?

Offline Bobby Shafto

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2018, 11:02:45 PM »
Maybe you should go to meterologynews.com and tell them that you know better than them.

or tell the author of this paper he was mistaken:
Or maybe I should tell them there are people like you who read these, don't understand, and believe what they're saying is they can image clouds in such a way that they can be turned into photographs.

Believe what you want.  But if you really want to put me in my place, contact either of those references and ask them. Post their response here.

(Of course, if they don't, or they laugh at you, or they give you some spiel contrary to what you think, then you can just chalk it up as more deception.)

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2018, 11:13:04 PM »

ABSTRACT  In this paper, we have presented a feasibility study of weather RADAR in detecting (not imaging) the cloud occurrence level. Weather RADAR is generally used for locating precipitation. However in our study, we have successfully used RADAR data to study the clouds and its related properties (but not image them). Our study shows that cloud height can be accurately detected (not imaged) using RADAR data with indication of the type of cloud (low, mid or high level). We validate our study with images captured from ground-based sky cameras. Our technique shows better  performance in terms of spatial and temporal resolutions, as compared to other cloud detecting models that uses radiosonde
data .

All italic parenthesis is mine.

Feasibility study. Not routine operation, but a try out to see if it worked.

Nearly?

Offline Bobby Shafto

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2018, 11:16:03 PM »

ABSTRACT  In this paper, we have presented a feasibility study of weather RADAR in detecting (not imaging) the cloud occurrence level. Weather RADAR is generally used for locating precipitation. However in our study, we have successfully used RADAR data to study the clouds and its related properties (but not image them). Our study shows that cloud height can be accurately detected (not imaged) using RADAR data with indication of the type of cloud (low, mid or high level). We validate our study with images captured from ground-based sky cameras. Our technique shows better  performance in terms of spatial and temporal resolutions, as compared to other cloud detecting models that uses radiosonde
data .

I'm convinced he will never relent. And I can't worry about his misconception. I'm out.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2018, 11:26:08 PM »

data .

Yes. Those were just a few foreign researchers in Singapore. Imagine what millions in government funding can do.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 11:29:19 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2018, 11:33:04 PM »
Those were just a few foreign researchers in Singapore. Imagine what millions in government funding can do.

Imagine what would happen if you had the evidence to back up your imagination.

Nearly?

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2018, 09:40:03 PM »

data .

I'm convinced he will never relent. And I can't worry about his misconception. I'm out.

Now you're getting it.  He can't ever budge on any point of reality or the whole house of cards comes down.
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?