Re: Analemma
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2016, 08:44:47 PM »

What else could that attractive force be in space that could manipulate the sun's movement, other than gravity?

This statement is simply a non sequitur.

you didnt answer my question. It isnt a statement, and it clearly does relate to the argument and follows the argument logically, so please answer my question and dont deviate the subject. What is that other force that causes gravitation to affect the movement of the sun? If you can answer it, then ask someone else, like tom bishop, to give an answer, because you have not been competent with me when I ask you a question, you simply try to deviate the subject as you are doing now

It is still a non sequitur. No one is deviating from the subject except you, bringing up unrelated conjecture and mentioning Tom Bishop. You saying someone hasn't been competent is quite hilarious, given that you don't even understand the law of conservation of energy.

How am I the one deviating from the subject? We were talking about gravitation, a side-subject you started in the post where you were sarcastic about it not being able to affect movement in a vacuum. Now you bring up the law of conservation of energy, a topic from a completely different thread, something that wasnt even mentioned here. Yes I did not know about it before, but that is beside the point. Your statement about the law of conservation of energy was a non sequitur, while my previous statement was not, it stayed on the topic of gravitation. As for Tom Bishop, I brought that up because you clearly dont seem capable of answering this question, so since he claims to have debated it all in his "Ask Tom Bishop" thread, I wanted to know if he could answer my question, since you cant. Not knowing about the law of conservation of energy does not make me incompetent, it simply make me a person who can widen their understanding about certain things. Incompetent is what you are being, someone who is asked to answer a question, but just deviates the subject for reason i do not know. If you are going to say that it is hilarious that I am saying you are being incompetent, by all means, do so, but answer the question, or else you will be no different than me.

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2016, 12:59:47 AM »
Having some trouble answering the question? Dont worry junker, take your time, because I have lots of it. I would just like a reply

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2016, 01:27:51 AM »
Having some trouble answering the question? Dont worry junker, take your time, because I have lots of it. I would just like a reply

Hello, please refrain from low content posting in the upper fora. No one owes you a reply to anything. I haven't answered because I don't even know what you are asking anymore as you have gone off on too many tangents.

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2016, 01:34:24 PM »

Hello, please refrain from low content posting in the upper fora. No one owes you a reply to anything. I haven't answered because I don't even know what you are asking anymore as you have gone off on too many tangents.

Seems like you are having difficulty going to the first page and reading my first post. Please consult an expert if you continue having difficulty clicking a button. Im not saying you owe me anything, I just want an answer, because you have not given me one yet. The question is: "What else could that attractive force be in space that could manipulate the sun's movement, other than gravity?"

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2016, 04:04:28 PM »
Everyone is saying the sun moves... I thought the whole point of heliocentricism was that the sun DOESN'T move, its the Earth that does.

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2016, 05:36:34 PM »
Everyone is saying the sun moves...

No, only one side says that.  The RE participants in the conversation are merely omitting to say "We don't believe the sun moves, but since you do believe it, explain X in light of that" because A) it should be understood and B) back and forth conersation does not flow well if each participant has to state their background and premise before each follow-on statement.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline UnionsOfSolarSystemPlanet

• The Moon orbits spherical Earth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2016, 11:25:35 AM »
You seem to have misconception about the Sun's movement.
First, all movement is relative so different observers from different location will see the Sun have different movement.
From the Galactic center, the Sun is orbiting the galaxy at the speed of 220 km/s moving towards the direction of the star Vega.
From the ground, the Sun appears to circle around Earth every 24 hours with each new day, it doesn't appear to be in the same position at the same hour.
From a stationary observer at the ecliptic pole, the Sun appears to move around background star appearing in a similar location every 365.2536 days.
From a rotating observer (period 1 year) at the ecliptic pole, the Sun would wobble slightly, be larger at January and smaller at July.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 11:27:49 AM by UnionsOfSolarSystemPlanet »
The size of the Solar system if the Moon were only 1 pixel:
http://joshworth.com/dev/pixelspace/pixelspace_solarsystem.html

Offline UnionsOfSolarSystemPlanet

• The Moon orbits spherical Earth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2016, 04:46:10 PM »
Adding something relevant to the subject, the Moon have an analemma too
http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap050713.html
Showing it's elliptical orbit and inclination to the Equator
The size of the Solar system if the Moon were only 1 pixel: