« on: December 29, 2015, 09:29:28 PM »
Hi all!

This is my first post and it's a little bitter/sweet for me.  A year ago I developed a passion for astronomy.  I spend a grand on a very good amateur scope and spent night after night marvelling at how clearly I could see Jupiter even tho it was 'so far away'.  I would lose myself in gazing into an infinite sea of stars and planets.  Then I discovered FET.  I have always dismissed the idea of man on the moon and would spend hours watching videos disproving it.  But then I came across FET and thought it must be crazy.  But within days I was hooked.  I found the evidence so over whelming that I couldn't and still can't stop researching the subject.  I am completely 100% sure the earth is flat and I find myself spending my time telling everyone I know the same thing.  Most of them think I'm crazy of course!  I spent a month trying to convince my wife to let me buy the telescope and now I can't bear to look into it.  Because I don't believe what I'm supposedly looking at.  I'm gutted about that because I really went into the infinite universe stuff and now I feel like I'm looking at dots on a glass ceiling.  But do you know what really swung it for me?  The final nail in the coffin for the globe earth?  The fact that when I signed up for this site a couple of days ago, my confirmation email link was dumped in my spam folder!!  I've signed up to many sites over the years, sites of all different subjects and never ever have I had a confirmation link sent to my spam folder!  It seems like one last ditch effort to keep me away from the truth!

Glad to be here people, I hope I can contribute to your brilliant site!

Regards

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 10:08:27 PM »

OK Jonny,send me your Telescope, it's wasted where ever you are.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 10:18:23 PM »
Why so?

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 08:37:46 PM »

Cos' you "Can't bear to look to look into it"!

I'll reimburse you the packaging costs.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 08:56:20 PM »
Hi Jonny, welcome to the FES.

Please don't be too bothered by our village idiot, Jura. Some Round Earthers are very upset by our site's existence and seem to make a point of being rude to newcomers.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline lolwut?

• -flatearther43.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 11:22:06 PM »
Hi all!

This is my first post and it's a little bitter/sweet for me.  A year ago I developed a passion for astronomy.  I spend a grand on a very good amateur scope and spent night after night marvelling at how clearly I could see Jupiter even tho it was 'so far away'.  I would lose myself in gazing into an infinite sea of stars and planets.  Then I discovered FET.  I have always dismissed the idea of man on the moon and would spend hours watching videos disproving it.  But then I came across FET and thought it must be crazy.  But within days I was hooked.  I found the evidence so over whelming that I couldn't and still can't stop researching the subject.  I am completely 100% sure the earth is flat and I find myself spending my time telling everyone I know the same thing.  Most of them think I'm crazy of course!  I spent a month trying to convince my wife to let me buy the telescope and now I can't bear to look into it.  Because I don't believe what I'm supposedly looking at.  I'm gutted about that because I really went into the infinite universe stuff and now I feel like I'm looking at dots on a glass ceiling.  But do you know what really swung it for me?  The final nail in the coffin for the globe earth?  The fact that when I signed up for this site a couple of days ago, my confirmation email link was dumped in my spam folder!!  I've signed up to many sites over the years, sites of all different subjects and never ever have I had a confirmation link sent to my spam folder!  It seems like one last ditch effort to keep me away from the truth!

Glad to be here people, I hope I can contribute to your brilliant site!

Regards

Welcome brother.  You have taken a bold step in furthering your knowledge with regards to the true shape of the earth.  I would like to personally say you are in good company.  There is no doubt that your research may become exhausting.  When this inevitability does indeed occur, I would encourage to relax in the lower fora.  Namely 'Complete Nonsense' may provide you with some comic relief that is so desperately needed by the commanders and freethinkers of our movement.

Again, welcome, and don't hesitate to reach out if you have further questions. 
-flatearther43.2

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2016, 07:29:06 PM »
Hi Jonny, welcome to the FES.

Please don't be too bothered by our village idiot, Jura. Some Round Earthers are very upset by our site's existence and seem to make a point of being rude to newcomers.

Au-contraire Sexpest! There was no insult intended, Jonny seemed to be having a crisis, vis-a-vis his telescope, I merely wished to relieve him of his burden, and far from being upset at your existence, I delight in it.
Welcome Jonny and a good new year (2016 that is, not 1838). 

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2016, 10:11:04 PM »
Any "Round Earth" comments are permitted only on the "Debate" section if you would like to hear the other side of the story. Posting them on the "General" or "Q&A" sections is cause for banning "For mis-use of the Q&A section" and only "Flat Earth" ideas are permitted, so be advised.
Please refrain from misinforming newcomers about our rules, which, for the record, are available here (together with a manifesto explaining the standards to which these are enforced) and which have been explained to you countless times. Thanks!
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2016, 10:59:19 PM »
Any "Round Earth" comments are permitted only on the "Debate" section if you would like to hear the other side of the story. Posting them on the "General" or "Q&A" sections is cause for banning "For mis-use of the Q&A section" and only "Flat Earth" ideas are permitted, so be advised.
Please refrain from misinforming newcomers about our rules, which, for the record, are available here (together with a manifesto explaining the standards to which these are enforced) and which have been explained to you countless times. Thanks!

I am with SexWarrior on this one. You have been warned multiple times and already had a one day ban to review the rules. Since you are still on an active warning, have a few days off to review them again. I am going to also move your post so new members don't actually think anything you are saying is even remotely accurate.