Re: What is the reason for perpetuating the round earth?
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2018, 12:45:37 AM »
So what? “I have not failed 10,000 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 10,000 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.” - Thomas Edison. The history of invention is littered with failures.

With that analogy we should expect many dead astronauts littering the moon's surface from failed missions.
No, because NASA didn't say, "let's use completely untested technology to do a monumental task!" They went more with, "let's take 4 years to incrementally test every part of the plan that we have for this monumental task to make sure that it works and almost nothing can go wrong and that we have failsafes in the event that something does go wrong!"
Who's to say the Sputnik launch didn't provide them the insight they needed to get their own design working. Or any of another dozen reasons. Coincidence does not a conspiracy make.

There is something far worse than a Conspiracy Theorist. It is a Coincidence Theorist.
And what makes that worse exactly?
Recommended reading: We Have No Idea by Jorge Cham and Daniel Whiteson

Turtle Town, a game made by my brothers and their friends, is now in private beta for the demo! Feedback so far has been mostly positive. Contact me if you would like to play.

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2018, 04:29:30 AM »
I'm pretty new here, and I was just wondering what reasons people, companies, and governments have to continue perpetuating the round earth.

It began between the USA and ussr faking space travel to try to outdo each other in the space race. Earth images and descriptions had to be faked during these fictitious voyages into space. So, the ussr and USA used the earth model that was already popular and accepted: a spherical earth. Now, space agencies are used to embezzle money from tax payers for very powerful and greedy individuals. It's about greed for money.
Hi y'all. I am a typical GENIUS girl who does NOT follow the masses and who does NOT blindly accept what is told to me without EVIDENCE. That being said, I don't believe in a lot of "facts" (the quotations mean they're NOT actual facts) including evolution, the holocaust, and the globular earth HYPOTHESIS.

Offline Boots

• ---- Cogito, ergo sum. ---- -Descartes
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2018, 04:31:53 AM »
I'm pretty new here, and I was just wondering what reasons people, companies, and governments have to continue perpetuating the round earth.

It began between the USA and ussr faking space travel to try to outdo each other in the space race. Earth images and descriptions had to be faked during these fictitious voyages into space. So, the ussr and USA used the earth model that was already popular and accepted: a spherical earth. Now, space agencies are used to embezzle money from tax payers for very powerful and greedy individuals. It's about greed for money.
This is re-enforced by Trump's friendship with Putin. It's pretty clear they're hiding something.
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2018, 06:59:22 AM »

And the evidence for all this is...?
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2018, 08:09:27 AM »
Now, space agencies are used to embezzle money from tax payers for very powerful and greedy individuals. It's about greed for money.

... and they do this by building big-ass rockets, and launching them every few days with no purpose, with huge numbers of support staff, massive launch sites, huge assembly buildings, all to make money ???

Seems like a cast-iron certainty to lose money, that does.

How do you make a profit from throwing stuff away (I'm assuming you follow the standard Team Hoax line of "All rockets level out and crash into the sea", with its typical American perspective, casually disregarding those that launch from Baikonour and such ...) ?
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2018, 07:56:34 PM »
Now, space agencies are used to embezzle money from tax payers for very powerful and greedy individuals. It's about greed for money.

... and they do this by building big-ass rockets, and launching them every few days with no purpose, with huge numbers of support staff, massive launch sites, huge assembly buildings, all to make money ???

How do you make a profit from throwing stuff away (I'm assuming you follow the standard Team Hoax line of "All rockets level out and crash into the sea", with its typical American perspective, casually disregarding those that launch from Baikonour and such ...) ?

The government gave them billions of dollars. Why wouldn't they at least put on a rocket show?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2018, 08:11:55 PM »
The government gave them billions of dollars. Why wouldn't they at least put on a rocket show?

Because it won't, as was claimed above, be a means to "embezzle money".

And because every space agency is judged by results. 

Nearly?

Offline ElTrancy

• God help and forgive me
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2018, 06:04:11 PM »

It's because of the knowledge we have now, we can make sure the Earth is round, so they are just stating what has been proven, and if the Earth is one day proven flat, then that is what they will say.
Please fucking launch a mininuke at me, I've become hopelessly lost.

Offline isaacN

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2018, 03:40:10 PM »

Im trying to find proof on this site for the alleged financial irregularities purported to be carried out by NASA, but when I compare their annual government grant with their publicly available accounts, I along with the federal auditors fail to find any irregularities. What funds are you reffering to that are being siphoned off illegally and where can I find evidence of these financial irregularities  that you frequently reffer to?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2018, 07:59:09 AM »

Im trying to find proof on this site for the alleged financial irregularities purported to be carried out by NASA, but when I compare their annual government grant with their publicly available accounts, I along with the federal auditors fail to find any irregularities. What funds are you reffering to that are being siphoned off illegally and where can I find evidence of these financial irregularities  that you frequently reffer to?

https://wiki.tfes.org/GAO_Audits_NASA

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2018, 08:13:23 AM »

That quote only points to six (6) years where the accounts could not be verified.

NASA has been launching stuff for 68 years. Presumably, since only 6 years were found to be in error, the other 62 are not.

62/68 = over 91% of NASA's accounts over its history have been accepted. 

Nearly?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2018, 08:41:21 AM »

That quote only points to six (6) years where the accounts could not be verified.

NASA has been launching stuff for 68 years. Presumably, since only 6 years were found to be in error, the other 62 are not.

62/68 = over 91% of NASA's accounts over its history have been accepted.

There are sparse online GAO audit reports of NASA from pre-internet eras. Check the GAO site.

I recently added some links to that page. Check it again. There are reports ranging between to 1992 to 2006 detailing significant financial problems, even going so far as calling NASA unauditable.

You are assuming that NASA undergoes constant in depth audits by the Federal Government. Democrat administrations don't tend to perform in depth audits of their federal programs (gee, I wonder why). The Obama administration started in 2009 and only recently ended.

Trump has ordered massive audits of the federal government, so we will see.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 08:53:09 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2018, 08:59:40 AM »
The first post asks us how we feel about the government giving NASA more money for its phoney space missions? It feels like theft to me.

I imagine these books are audited every year ...

... and the audited financial reports are easily found online.

Such as this one?

I was thinking more of;

Fiscal Year 2017 - https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/atoms/files/afr_fy2017_final_11_15_17.pdf  (circa 150 pages - by all means, take your time. If you're back here in 10mins, everyone will KNOW you haven't bothered....)

FY 2016 - https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/atoms/files/nasa_fy2016_afr_508.pdf

FY 2015 - https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/atoms/files/fy2015_afr_11-16-15.pdf

etc

etc

The auditers' details are included each time. If you find issue with their contribution, by all means flag it up to your Senate representative.....

Nearly?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2018, 09:31:37 AM »
Those are publications by NASA, not the GAO. The URL on those links is nasa.gov. Why would NASA broadcast "The GAO exposed again that we are essentially unauditable this year"?

In those documents I do see some references to an independent auditor that they hand selected. "We're clean as a whistle. Those billions were spent properly. Just ask this small company I hired!" Few references to the GAO.

You are also assuming that any such routine federal audit performed during the Obama years would be of the serious in-depth variety. I severely doubt that, considering that administration.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 09:51:55 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2018, 12:42:23 PM »
Those are publications by NASA, not the GAO. The URL on those links is nasa.gov. Why would NASA broadcast "The GAO exposed again that we are essentially unauditable this year"?

Because there's nothing to suggest that they were "unauditable" in any of the years I quoted.

Were the accounts in the years you quoted reconciled after the event, in subsequent years, perhaps?

In those documents I do see some references to an independent auditor that they hand selected. "We're clean as a whistle. Those billions were spent properly. Just ask this small company I hired!" Few references to the GAO.

You are also assuming that any such routine federal audit performed during the Obama years would be of the serious in-depth variety. I severely doubt that, considering that administration.

Sure, that's the spirit. Slander or defame the external auditor. That really makes your case (NOT).

Can you name a company that doesn't select their own auditor?

Nearly?

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2018, 01:38:57 PM »

What about anything more recent? Surely they didn't just stop being a money laundering scheme in 2006. GAO reports from 2009-2016 appear to generally be in order, with GAO noting predictable fluctuation in cost and an increase in delays as projects approach a certain phase. All of your references appear at least a decade old.

Offline jcks

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2018, 01:46:49 PM »

What about anything more recent? Surely they didn't just stop being a money laundering scheme in 2006. GAO reports from 2009-2016 appear to generally be in order, with GAO noting predictable fluctuation in cost and an increase in delays as projects approach a certain phase. All of your references appear at least a decade old.

It also doesn't make sense they would choose to lie about finance between 2002-2006 but not during its early years. Wasn't the purpose of NASA's creation to steal tax payers money? Why is that apparent during the oddly specific years of 2002-2006 but not any years prior (or after) ?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2018, 02:25:29 AM »
Bush and Congress appointed an Inspector General to oversee the issues with federal agencies like NASA wasting money. That's why. If one reads the links they will see letters to Congressmen justifying their activities. Do you think they write letters to Congress every year as standard procedure? There was a lot of heat during those years. When Obama came in, in 2009, he wasn't interested in heavy oversight of Federal agencies. The GAO doesn't do such violating audits every year.

Per decades prior, there isn't really that much online from the 60's, 70's and 80's. But consider: Companies and government agencies usually only improve their financial management. In 2005 if they were totally unauditable, what makes you think that 1985 NASA was a saint? Why would they downgrade a good process of financial management? "Nah, we don't need to keep good records or perform internal financial audits anymore. Lets stop doing that. Boring." Are we to assume that this is what happened?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 02:54:47 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2018, 08:35:53 AM »
Per decades prior, there isn't really that much online from the 60's, 70's and 80's.

At which point, if you REALLY WANT TO KNOW, you start digging around in libraries, public offices, and other places to find physical records.

If you just want to take what's online and extrapolate it to previous decades without any supporting evidence, you do what you've done above, and imply that something was amiss because you can't find the records online.

Get off your a** and do some real research, if you REALLY WANT TO KNOW. Do you?

But consider: Companies and government agencies usually only improve their financial management. In 2005 if they were totally unauditable, what makes you think that 1985 NASA was a saint? Why would they downgrade a good process of financial management? "Nah, we don't need to keep good records or perform internal financial audits anymore. Lets stop doing that. Boring." Are we to assume that this is what happened?

You're making assumptions. Go do some real research and come back with some data, not idle speculation and putting of words into peoples' mouths.... you're assuming an unbroken line of audit failure over 20 years, whereas the discrepancy in 2005 could simply have been from changes in management or financial procedue in that year.

Do you have any evidence that the audit was never completed, or only one report that says it was not completed on its due date? Could measures have been taken in later months or years to complete it, and you just haven't found the later work?

Nearly?

Offline hexagon

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2018, 08:51:03 AM »
And what was the outcome of this audits regarding dollars? How many billions of dollars where hidden somewhere? As far as I understand, they criticized the procedures, but no one present any numbers or gave indications that billions of dollars where redirected in the pockets of someone.

Anyway, physicists are no businessmen. Our financial guys also always went crazy how we manage our financial issues. NASA is just a bit bigger as a university or a standard institute, more money is involved, so people have a closer look and are more critical.